Splash Event Marketing Platform Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Amber Callan profile photo
My co-worker and I currently use Splash Event Marketing Platform to market and manage our Hubspot User Group meetup events. While Hubspot has a great marketing platform, they moved us to Splash about a year ago due to its unique event management capabilities and we've been using it ever since!

We use Splash to create a registration page, host our events main page, deliver emails, check-in guests, etc.
We utilize their mobile app and their desktop app!
  • Templates - Splash allowed Hubspot to create page templates for all of our Hubspot User Group Meet Up registration pages. So while we're just one city that hosts meet-ups, utilizing these templates helps ensure that every city's pages look the same and are able to be navigated in the same way.
  • Check In - Their app is really nice for check-in on the day of the event. I can have any co-worker log into the app on their phone and they're ready to help me manage the event. The app definitely makes our check-in process more simplified.
  • Managing RSVPs - The ability to cut off registration and start a wait list is critical for our events. We get a handful of cancellations in the week before the event (as I'm sure every other event marketer does) and we can start moving our way down the waitlist to fill our events up!
  • UI / Usability - My goodness is their landing page builder / email builder difficult to use. Some of the content blocks aren't responsive and some don't adjust when you need them to automatically. Their email sender isn't intuitive either. I find myself getting very frustrated trying to accomplish small tasks when I'm starting to get my assets ready for a new event.
  • Email Reply Problems - I've been having a problem for the past six months or so that Support hasn't been able to resolve. Essentially, we've been scheduling out emails through Splash as usual. However, I've gotten many complaints that when people reply to my Splash emails that contain my correct email address, they never actually get to me. After many complaints at one meet-up then intentional testing with my other co-workers, the email replies just disappear and never reach me. We've actually had to go back to Hubspot under our company portal to send out emails for our events because at least then, the email replies come to me!
  • Customer Support - Since support is email only, the process is long. When you find a problem when an event is quickly approaching, it doesn't necessarily mean your problem will be solved in a timely manner.
  • Customization - Our customization options may be lower because we're using Splash on behalf of Hubspot, but when we switched from having full control over our templates, branding, emails, etc. to Splash, we can't customize as many things as we used to. While "templates" are in the things they do well, I consider this a pro and a con.
Compared to platforms like Eventbrite, I have a hard time recommending Splash to anyone and think if we weren't forced into using it because of our involvement with Hubspot User Groups, we would not be using it.

I think if the usability and other bugs could be improved along with support, then Splash could be great for small to mid-sized businesses that occasionally run events that they need 1) hosted all in one place and 2) consistent, custom branding.

Or if you're running small events where you simply need a custom designed sign-up page, a reminder email and a check-in app, Splash could work for you. While they're not transparent about their business pricing, I'd have to see that before deciding whether it is truly worth it for this purpose.
Read Amber Callan's full review
Kate Wirth profile photo
Our marketing department is currently using Splash to create concise and creative invites to our corporate events/functions. We are using Splash for all of our events nationwide. Splash has made it easier for our coordinators to have professional looking invites that represent out brand without having to dig too deep into the creative part of building an invite. The direct sync to salesforce saves booth out the lead catcher and coordinators time and the on-site check-in is amazing.
  • Amazing stock image bank that allows for high-end invites
  • Easy onsite check-in that makes us look incredibly professional with an iPad instead of a piece of printed paper and check marks.
  • Complete customization in all aspects.
  • I would like to see event cloning so you can easily copy the previous event
  • Sometimes navigation can be tricky within the landing page build out
Splash has made out event invite and check-in process completely streamlined. There is consistency within our brand corporate-wide without coordinators needing to be graphic designers. The stock library allows us to create high-quality professional invites/landing pages without the cost of buying rights to images. We currently host at a minimum of 3 events per month, the Salesforce sync saves our lead catcher and coordinators a lot of post-event time. We are currently in the process of creating our ROI dashboard and are looking forward to being able to prove the success of our events with those reports.
Read Kate Wirth's full review
Dina Jacobson profile photo
We are using Splash to host landing pages and registration for all of our customer-facing events. It's being used by marketing. We are a 30 person startup and need a self-service solution that does not require technical expertise, and also allows quick edits to pages.
  • Allows you to set up web pages quickly and easily.
  • Lots of pre-set templates to get you started.
  • The registration process is quick and easy for attendees.
  • No lead retrieval yet -- it's on the roadmap.
  • Attendee app is in Beta, look forward to it being ready soon.
Ideal for organizations of all sizes who produce many events and they need to get a solution up and running quickly. If you want your website look and feel to be 1000% customized (internal hosting address), no splash screen pop up, this may not be for you. Also, they don't offer speaker management and sponsor management right now. This isn't a huge deal for us, but for a really big conference 5000+, with multi-tracks and hundreds of sponsors, you may want an all in one tool.
Read Dina Jacobson's full review
Vaishali Ravi profile photo
Splash helps us convert event attendees into sales lead efficiently. Through Splash, we're able to bridge the communication disconnect between our on the grounds event team and the sales team. Splash is also used by our PR and Marketing teams for their own events or to analyze attendees.
  • Collecting and aggregating RSVPs
  • Easily developing a beautiful landing page for your event
  • Connecting with attendees pre/post event
  • Ease of editing and customizing the landing page
  • Pulling information connected with other event pages
  • Exporting attendee list
Splash is well suited for events big and small but not as helpful when manipulating or working with data collected post event.
Read Vaishali Ravi's full review
Pia Gonzalez Franco Hubard profile photo
June 07, 2018

Splash at WeWork

We use it every time we have an event in a WeWork building to control RSVPs and to get a database that we can use it for future leads and information. We also use it for marketing events to keep control of the information that is provided and of course to get a hold of all the people who RSVP, check in and cancel the event.
It is a very useful tool to get information and research from hard data.
  • It provides hard data
  • It gives real-time details
  • It allows people to customize their events
  • It is a reliable source of data
  • Sometimes it fails at making people collaborators
  • It is not always user-friendly
  • It could have a frequently asked questions that are easy to reach for
For events that need real marketing data.
For events that need to control RSVPs and assistance.
For events that are not directly coordinated by a company such as the ones that we do at WeWork.
For collaborators that are coordinating assistance at an event but are not entirely coordinating the whole event.
For people who need to create a database from an event.
Read Pia Gonzalez Franco Hubard's full review
September 20, 2018

SplashThat For The Win!

The Splash Event Marketing Platform has been so helpful for the Lyft marketing team. It has helped us to create, promote, and manage countless events for our Driver and Passenger Communities. The event forum has assisted our team in running effortlessly smooth events, and we just love the RSVP/check-in feature.
  • RSVPs are easily exported to share information with the team.
  • High-quality selection of stock photos makes it easy to create eye-catching landing pages.
  • Check-in feature helps us track the percentage of drivers attending our events.
  • When designing a landing page for an event, the functionality of the layout page is quite finicky. I would love to see the ability to add features to certain text boxes become more fluid.
  • The formatting across the layout page is not always consistent, specifically text sizing.
  • I had an issue with an account, and the support team took an extremely long time (2+ months) to produce a remedy for the issue I was experiencing.
It is perfect for small businesses to provide information on their location, services, etc. I like using it for creating events and raising awareness among our Driver Community. My team and I have solely used it for creating events. However, I do not believe that it would be good for anyone trying to achieve an interactive website. Somewhere else that it could improve is the formatting across different devices (tablets, phones, and computers).
September 11, 2018

Great platform!

We use Splash mainly within our Programs department. We have about 50 small events, one fundraiser event, and several other events throughout the year that we host on Splash. It allows us to have branded, clear event pages with many options for customization and management.
  • It has many design options that are easy to implement without having a design background.
  • It allows you to manage all aspects of an event from start to finish.
  • Customer service is top notch.
  • Capability for automated emails
  • Capability to geo-target guests for marketing purposes
It can be used for any type of event. We use it for relatively small events (largest one having 300 guests, most having less than 50), but it would be great for larger events as well.
September 06, 2018

Splash Review

My event marketing team utilizes Splash for our external events. I am an event planner so my Operations team provides me access to view how the event is performing on the backend. It is so user friendly and I am able to look up anything I need without have to go to a person to pull a report. I love having the option to control what alerts I receive in my email and the dynamic nature of the Splash page itself. Changes can be easily made in very little time and in this day and age, that is invaluable.
  • The ease of use is impeccable as someone with little to no experience could navigate the backend well.
  • The dynamic Splash is a breath of fresh air as edits and changes can be made in seconds.
  • The overall page design is appealing as well as the graphics and imagery really appeal to our event attendees. We can do some fun stuff with the pages.
  • I’m having a hard time answering this question. Maybe the ability for those designated as contributors to the page to be able to more easily turn off alerts when an event is assigned.
It works well for all of our events. It even lives after the event as well, as a page for important post-event materials.
The Splash Event Marketing Platform is being used to provide more insights and a better user experience for our events as a company.
  • Insights and data garnered from events and guests who attended
  • Great design and design templates that can be tailored and recommended per event size.
  • Easy to use dashboard and seamless set up that is not time consuming
  • Easier navigation from dashboard to mobile app in checking users in and ability to add more details from non-registered guests
  • Give brief descriptions of what each metric in insights means to help understand what data and metrics are telling you
  • Large-scale events with over 1,000 people.
  • Small event with 30 wouldn't necessarily need to use it.
As a global event services firm, we use Splash to streamline all facets of our business, from communicating the value proposition of our individual forums, streamlining communication, featuring our program and agenda, and handling registration and day-of engagement. We have a broad client base and work in multiple international markets, so it is important we have a tool like Splash that allows us to synchronize and centralize our event planning and analysis in an incredibly user-friendly and intuitive environment.
  • Design: Use of use is fantastic; as is the level of customization.
  • Integrations: The ability to integrate the Splash platform with Salesforce, payment methods, and day-of printing tools is a game-changer.
  • Communications: The ability to quickly create targeted emails and reminders to prospects and attendees is tremendous!
  • Offering additional ready-made template designs would be really helpful, particularly from an inspiration standpoint.
  • Additional CRM and software integrations.
Splash is a unique platform in that it is ideal for small startups, one-off event management, as well as enterprise solutions. We just signed on with the platform, although I have used it before, and we cannot wait to really get moving with all of the new updates, including the attendee mobile app!
Our Field Marketing team uses SplashThat specifically for our event registration, tracking and day-of-event check-in. It made the process so much more creative and less time-consuming.
  • I love the templates and options they provide which makes it easy to design a page from scratch. It goes beyond the landing page and also allows me to customize the form customers fill out and the confirmation page and email they receive.
  • I get to customize all of my event landing pages. It's great because I get to create a page that's on brand and keeping with each event's theme.
  • Lastly, I love that I can then use the website to check guests in at our events making it an all-in-one tool for our event registration and tracking.
  • The only complaint I have is that it doesn't integrate with Salesforce. It would be great to have contacts automatically load into a campaign when they register. Right now I have to do this manually. Maybe this is soon to come?
I've used it for landing pages, event marketing and registration pages and newsletter creation.
June 08, 2018

Get Splash...today!

Splash is used to invite training attendees to training. We use the event management software and check-in app.
  • Training
  • Ease of registration
  • Ease of use for administrators
  • Service
  • Wish there was a place for attendees to sign into trainings with an actual signature
Excellent if you are looking for software that anyone can pick up and use and you want to go from manual processes to an integrated system.
Michael Kopko profile photo
January 25, 2018

Splash

We use it to organize our events and ticket them as well so we can sell tickets, know who is coming, and track attendees. We also use it to market our events to our audience for attendance.
  • Create tickets
  • Build an event page fast
  • Continue to engage our audience on the event and agenda
  • Color scheme for free events
  • No reason in my opinion to pay annual subscription. I'd pay smaller amounts to unlock features.
  • Enable marketing through integration with google adwords, facebook, linkedin, etc.
As mentioned - good for starting up events, ticketing them, managing attendees, communicating what an event is, dealing with payments. Less good for free usage but still pretty good. Premium doesn't make sense for us but it's still a consideration at times. Would love more integration with marketing and other services.
Read Michael Kopko's full review
Amina Cush, M.S. profile photo
Splash is being used across the entire organization. We use it to manage all of all internal and external events including surveys, attendee check-in and pre and post-event communications.
  • Attendee Check-In
  • Surveys
  • Pre & Post Event Communication
  • Event Pages
  • Allowing the user to easily replicate sent emails.
  • More options for templates.
From an events perspective, it's always appropriate because you can brand event pages as your own, and the user experience is pretty straightforward and simple. It's also simple to train new users on the platform.
Read Amina Cush, M.S.'s full review
It's being used within my department for internal company events. It addresses the need to send out a stylized, attractive invite, track replies and responses, follow up by email, and track attendees on the night of the event.
  • Create a beautiful invitation that is attractive to the target audience
  • Track opens and attendees
  • Send follow up emails to employees (reminders)
  • The design interface could allow for more customization
  • The design of the emails could be easier to follow
  • It would be great for the administrator to be able to edit invitations / responses more easliy
Any business event (internal or for clients) is the best match for Splash Marketing Platform.
[It's] Used just by the field marketing department. We wanted to diminish the number of cycles the field marketing managers spend going back and forth with marketing ops to make changes to invites. We wanted to be able to scale the number of events we do month to month.
  • Customization
  • Great support team
  • Lots of resources and webinars
  • Glitchy UI
  • UI is not intuitive
  • Useful features are on the roadmap, but not available yet
Well suited for marketing teams across the board, any industry.
We use splash to advertise promotions and events we are holding. It allows us independently to host a website without involving our IT team. It is easy to use and takes about 10 minutes to set up an entire event. Splash allows me to reach more people in less time. It is not perfect but does the job.
  • Event RSVP
  • Promotion Tracking
  • Announcements
  • More custom options
  • More ability to change templates
  • Easier way to start form scratch
Splash is great for reaching large groups of people at one time. You just creat the page and send out a link. people can access it in no time and rsvp or comment or share. it is a very easy way to share info on events with one message and one click.
November 20, 2017

Workweek Staple.

Splash is used across our organization as a means to make communication, invites and landing pages more uniform and consistent with the brand.
  • RSVP feature -- love the ability to cap off a certain amount of reservations to control an event's outcome
  • The ability to duplicate a previous page is particularly useful and saves time.
  • Flexibility in a few of the design layouts.
  • Consistency in font availability.
Splash is helpful for landing pages or RSVP scenarios. Since that is its use primarily for me, I am not certain on situations where it wouldn't be helpful.
Carla Culos profile photo
Splash powers all of Acumen's events, and I'm glad for it. A few years ago our global team was using multiple platforms to manage our events. This was a problem because of a lack of brand consistency, data collection and synchronization with Salesforce, our CRM. Splash has solved all of these problems with beautiful, customized event templates, a centralized system that allows me to add team members as collaborators, and integration with Salesforce.
  • Branded Templates: With the Pro account, Splash takes your brand guidelines, fonts, logos, colors and creates customized event templates for your most frequent types of events making it easy to create new events that align with the experience of your brand.
  • Customer Service: Any time I have a problem, my Account Manager (Matt!) always has a solution. Whether it be a glitch in the page, an integration problem, or suggesting new ways to use the system. I'm never left stranded, which when you work in eight time zones, matters.
  • Ease of Backend Use: I've used other start-up event management softwares which are painful to use on the back end, buggy, and not intuitive for a non-coder. Splash is extremely easy to use and customize, which makes working with the system enjoyable.
  • Low Ticketing Fees: One of the main reasons we decided to upgrade to the Pro account is because we were hosting more ticketed events. As a non-profit, ticketing fees make a difference to our donations. Not only did Splash provide the other benefits mentioned above, they were the most competitive on credit card fees and integrated into our donation software system.
  • Concurrent Session Registration: The only time I haven't been able to use Splash was when planning a conference with concurrent session registration. Splash currently only has a one-RSVP system, but I know this is in their product pipeline, so soon will be a function.
  • Price: The annual price is high, especially if you're used to using free event platforms like eventbrite. We had to do a lot of convincing to senior management about why using a paid version mattered, but once approved, having the functionalities mentioned before including the ability to track and manage ROI of your events is worth the price, even as a non-profit.
Well suited: Networking events, conferences, one-off events, annual events, really an event of any kind. I'd recommend if you have at least 10 events per year where events is a large part of your strategic engagement initiatives.
Not well suited: An event with a complex agenda and concurrent sessions (although I hear this is coming soon). Paid version isn't worth it if you only do a few small events per year.
Read Carla Culos's full review
Justin Miller profile photo
August 04, 2017

Dive into Splash!

Equinox uses Splash within our Equinox Sports Club portfolio to help event managers publicize their club's events and collect information about the attendees. Splash has been tremendously helpful in elevating the member digital experience, and Splash has helped drive our brand identity to the members. Event marketers have enjoyed a seamless house for all of their events, RSVPs, emails, and more to live.
  • Splash has an amazing email tool that allows event managers to easily send various types of emails, including save the dates, reminders, thank yous, and their templates are easily adjustable for all kinds of designers—and even non-designers!
  • The Splash team is incredibly speedy when responding to their clients; successful events make them happy! Whether it's a question about design and templates, checking in RSVPs, or even their mobile App, Splash customer service members are readily available to help.
  • The Splash platform does a fantastic job of housing all of your attendees in one place so that brands can learn more about their audience. Whether someone attends one event or three, Splash produces invaluable analytics that are necessary to continued business success.
  • Splash is constantly upgrading their product offerings, and a custom media library would definitely be a great addition to those offerings!
  • The ability to make small layout adjustments, such as changing copy or uploading a photo, on mobile would be amazing. Sometimes when you're not at the desk and perhaps *at* the event itself, instinct is to adjust on the phone.
  • Some of the Splash templates feel a bit dated and could use a refresh.
Splash Event Platform is hands down the best platform for events, regardless of the kind of event. Birthdays, fundraisers, cocktail hours—you name it and it should be in Splash. Splash makes tracking attendees and utilizing their data seamless, and with the ability to connect to SalesForce, Splash can actually grow the business by gleaning more attendees and followers. If you're looking for a platform that gleans data—names, emails, other data that you've asked for—Splash is definitely the tool for your investment.
Read Justin Miller's full review
Tarek Pertew profile photo
Uncubed uses Splash to organize our major conferences (HR Uncubed & NYC Uncubed, for instance) as well as our monthly meetups, HR Breakfasts, etc. We need to organize big, profitable events, market them appropriately and encourage visitors to purchase a ticket or RSVP.
  • Event Creation - you can get a beautiful event page up and running very quickly.
  • Event Page Design - this is critically important to helping visitors understand your brand and the style of your event. Only with Splash can you actually get this across with event page templates & designs.
  • It has a robust backend management system. We have multiple people that access, design, organize, export and communicate across the respective stakeholders. We need to set up discount codes, nested ticketing, etc. and Splash helps make that happen.
  • Analytics - I don't use it. I think it's mostly because I'm not sure I can trust the analytics yet or because it isn't super easy to access.
  • Withdrawing funds could be a little less manual.
  • Sometimes the modular design isn't super intuitive and takes me a bit to figure out what I'm trying to do.
Well suited for anyone looking to quickly push out a beautiful event page. Great for businesses that hold major conferences or brands looking to build out an event marketing channel.
Read Tarek Pertew's full review
Fernando Spuri profile photo
Splash is being used by all in the business marketing department inside our company, mostly for conceiving, organizing and the follow-ups for corporate events, such as workshops, big meetings, presentations and happy hours.

It helps the different stakeholders to have all the info centralized in a single tool and control panel, really easy to create templates and keep track of events. Much better than any other tool that we have used.
  • Easy to use and great UI.
  • Great integration between the platform and the mobile app.
  • No hard time on uploading users base and editing it.
  • Could have more template options.
Splash is very suitable for organizing B2B events, no matter the objective or size of it.
Read Fernando Spuri's full review
Katrin Wright profile photo
October 12, 2017

Splash is a winner!

We use Splash for any events hosted by our company (client related, roadshow, internal events and functions). All of which are free of charge events and only require RSVP but not ticketing.
  • Easy setup of the event page itself.
  • Easy to manage invite processes sending out emails, notifications and updates.
  • Easy access to email analytics.
  • Navigating the setup and editing blocks could be easier/more self-explaining.
  • Integration with Hubspot and Salesforce seems difficult or only available in a beta version.
The paid version is very useful for any B2B and B2C event/ field marketing activation. Managing invite lists and RSVPs has never been easier. Sharing insights for email analytics as well as RSVP updates with the team could be more accessible.

The free version is even suitable for personal use!
Read Katrin Wright's full review
Emma Jarry profile photo
Currently, Ad Age uses Splash to create event pages for everything from conferences and awards show to intimate, invite-only parties. At events, we use the Splash app to track attendees using the check-in tool. It is currently licensed for 5 users within different departments across the whole organization.

Splash allows for Ad Age employees to create highly customized and elevated event pages that save us time and resources due to the platform's ease of use.
  • Support: Splash provides excellent support. I especially appreciate how quickly I am met with a thorough response, and even more so that the response includes a video showing the fix in action on the exact template I am working in--this is extremely helpful!
  • Account Management: Our Account Manager, Christina, is extremely attentive and responsive. I recently reached out with a request for a custom template, and to my delight was presented with the template a few short hours later! I let Christina know the request was time sensitive, but her response time surpassed expectations.
  • Ease of Use: Splash provides two modes of use: Designer Mode and Designer Pro. The former is mostly used for tweaking templates, and the latter is used for building templates. Regardless of which mode you are comfortable using, Splash provides trainings that our team found extremely helpful and beneficial.
  • Live Chat: It would be great if Splash had a live chat feature in case the user has a time sensitive question.
  • Customer Support Number: It would be great if Splash listed a customer support number so the user could speak to a human for assistance.
Splash is well-suited for events of all shapes and sizes, whether it's a 500-person conference of small, 10-person party. It might not make sense for events surpassing 1,000 people, though I'd be interested to know how the platform handles that volume.
Read Emma Jarry's full review
Jessica Dowd profile photo
Splash is being used across all our branded and custom events here at Group Nine Media. We use it primarily to send out event invites to our subscribers.
  • Collects data
  • Destination hub
  • Email design
  • Customer service
  • Ssocial compatibility
The Splash platform is used to deliver informative invitations to a group of individuals in order to receive a response and gauge how many guests will attend an event. It's also used as a hub, or destination, for users to get information about an upcoming event, purchase tickets, or view post-event media such as pictures.
Read Jessica Dowd's full review

Splash Event Marketing Platform Scorecard Summary

About Splash Event Marketing Platform

Splash is an end-to-end event marketing technology that aims to help you seamlessly plan, market, manage, and measure the impact of your event program while informing the rest of your marketing program.

Capabilities include simplifying event page and email creation, and capturing audience insights and measuring event ROI.

The main value proposition of the platform is to help you get your event in front of the right audience, optimize conversions at each stage of the event lifecycle, and ensure seamless follow ups and reporting.

Splash Event Marketing Platform Features

Has featureEvent website builder (CMS)
Has featureEmail sender
Has featureEmail marketing & promotion management
Has featureSurvey creation
Has featureEvent ROI analytics
Has featureOnsite check-in technology
Has featureIntegrations
Has featureGuest list management
Has featureTicketing
Has featureManage event campaigns and reporting

Splash Event Marketing Platform Screenshots

Splash Event Marketing Platform Integrations

Splash Event Marketing Platform Competitors

Cvent Event Management, Eventbrite, Bizzabo, Aventri (formerly etouches)

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes

Splash's free product is popular with companies running 1-2 small events that want to try the platform, as well as individuals hosting personal events like birthdays and weddings. Splash for Business is used by companies that view events as an important part of marketing strategy. They typically host, participate in, or sponsor multiple events throughout the year. The Splash team can also develop customized pricing/packaging, depending on an organization's unique needs and goals.

Splash Event Marketing Platform Support Options