Reviews (1-25 of 44)
- Create beautiful, on brand landing pages and emails.
- Self service with little need for developers or designers.
- Easy integration of our campaigns into Salesforce (CRM).
- Splash Host app to be able to swipe and check in guests.
- Amazing customer support, knowledgeable & quick.
- Onsite badge printing was problematic (used only once).
- Extra costs for white labeling email domain for better delivery of emails.
Has an integration with Marketo, SalesForce, and Slack as well so all data can be collected in your database.
We used Splash for our hosted dinners and customer summits. Also has a great check in feature to show you check in data onsite.
We use Splash to create a registration page, host our events main page, deliver emails, check-in guests, etc.
We utilize their mobile app and their desktop app!
- Templates - Splash allowed Hubspot to create page templates for all of our Hubspot User Group Meet Up registration pages. So while we're just one city that hosts meet-ups, utilizing these templates helps ensure that every city's pages look the same and are able to be navigated in the same way.
- Check In - Their app is really nice for check-in on the day of the event. I can have any co-worker log into the app on their phone and they're ready to help me manage the event. The app definitely makes our check-in process more simplified.
- Managing RSVPs - The ability to cut off registration and start a wait list is critical for our events. We get a handful of cancellations in the week before the event (as I'm sure every other event marketer does) and we can start moving our way down the waitlist to fill our events up!
- UI / Usability - My goodness is their landing page builder / email builder difficult to use. Some of the content blocks aren't responsive and some don't adjust when you need them to automatically. Their email sender isn't intuitive either. I find myself getting very frustrated trying to accomplish small tasks when I'm starting to get my assets ready for a new event.
- Email Reply Problems - I've been having a problem for the past six months or so that Support hasn't been able to resolve. Essentially, we've been scheduling out emails through Splash as usual. However, I've gotten many complaints that when people reply to my Splash emails that contain my correct email address, they never actually get to me. After many complaints at one meet-up then intentional testing with my other co-workers, the email replies just disappear and never reach me. We've actually had to go back to Hubspot under our company portal to send out emails for our events because at least then, the email replies come to me!
- Customer Support - Since support is email only, the process is long. When you find a problem when an event is quickly approaching, it doesn't necessarily mean your problem will be solved in a timely manner.
- Customization - Our customization options may be lower because we're using Splash on behalf of Hubspot, but when we switched from having full control over our templates, branding, emails, etc. to Splash, we can't customize as many things as we used to. While "templates" are in the things they do well, I consider this a pro and a con.
I think if the usability and other bugs could be improved along with support, then Splash could be great for small to mid-sized businesses that occasionally run events that they need 1) hosted all in one place and 2) consistent, custom branding.
Or if you're running small events where you simply need a custom designed sign-up page, a reminder email and a check-in app, Splash could work for you. While they're not transparent about their business pricing, I'd have to see that before deciding whether it is truly worth it for this purpose.
- RSVPs are easily exported to share information with the team.
- High-quality selection of stock photos makes it easy to create eye-catching landing pages.
- Check-in feature helps us track the percentage of drivers attending our events.
- When designing a landing page for an event, the functionality of the layout page is quite finicky. I would love to see the ability to add features to certain text boxes become more fluid.
- The formatting across the layout page is not always consistent, specifically text sizing.
- I had an issue with an account, and the support team took an extremely long time (2+ months) to produce a remedy for the issue I was experiencing.
- It has many design options that are easy to implement without having a design background.
- It allows you to manage all aspects of an event from start to finish.
- Customer service is top notch.
- Capability for automated emails
- Capability to geo-target guests for marketing purposes
- The ease of use is impeccable as someone with little to no experience could navigate the backend well.
- The dynamic Splash is a breath of fresh air as edits and changes can be made in seconds.
- The overall page design is appealing as well as the graphics and imagery really appeal to our event attendees. We can do some fun stuff with the pages.
- I’m having a hard time answering this question. Maybe the ability for those designated as contributors to the page to be able to more easily turn off alerts when an event is assigned.
- Amazing stock image bank that allows for high-end invites
- Easy onsite check-in that makes us look incredibly professional with an iPad instead of a piece of printed paper and check marks.
- Complete customization in all aspects.
- I would like to see event cloning so you can easily copy the previous event
- Sometimes navigation can be tricky within the landing page build out
- Allows you to set up web pages quickly and easily.
- Lots of pre-set templates to get you started.
- The registration process is quick and easy for attendees.
- No lead retrieval yet -- it's on the roadmap.
- Attendee app is in Beta, look forward to it being ready soon.
- Collecting and aggregating RSVPs
- Easily developing a beautiful landing page for your event
- Connecting with attendees pre/post event
- Ease of editing and customizing the landing page
- Pulling information connected with other event pages
- Exporting attendee list
It is a very useful tool to get information and research from hard data.
- It provides hard data
- It gives real-time details
- It allows people to customize their events
- It is a reliable source of data
- Sometimes it fails at making people collaborators
- It is not always user-friendly
- It could have a frequently asked questions that are easy to reach for
For events that need to control RSVPs and assistance.
For events that are not directly coordinated by a company such as the ones that we do at WeWork.
For collaborators that are coordinating assistance at an event but are not entirely coordinating the whole event.
For people who need to create a database from an event.
- Create tickets
- Build an event page fast
- Continue to engage our audience on the event and agenda
- Color scheme for free events
- No reason in my opinion to pay annual subscription. I'd pay smaller amounts to unlock features.
- Enable marketing through integration with google adwords, facebook, linkedin, etc.
- Branded Templates: With the Pro account, Splash takes your brand guidelines, fonts, logos, colors and creates customized event templates for your most frequent types of events making it easy to create new events that align with the experience of your brand.
- Customer Service: Any time I have a problem, my Account Manager (Matt!) always has a solution. Whether it be a glitch in the page, an integration problem, or suggesting new ways to use the system. I'm never left stranded, which when you work in eight time zones, matters.
- Ease of Backend Use: I've used other start-up event management softwares which are painful to use on the back end, buggy, and not intuitive for a non-coder. Splash is extremely easy to use and customize, which makes working with the system enjoyable.
- Low Ticketing Fees: One of the main reasons we decided to upgrade to the Pro account is because we were hosting more ticketed events. As a non-profit, ticketing fees make a difference to our donations. Not only did Splash provide the other benefits mentioned above, they were the most competitive on credit card fees and integrated into our donation software system.
- Concurrent Session Registration: The only time I haven't been able to use Splash was when planning a conference with concurrent session registration. Splash currently only has a one-RSVP system, but I know this is in their product pipeline, so soon will be a function.
- Price: The annual price is high, especially if you're used to using free event platforms like eventbrite. We had to do a lot of convincing to senior management about why using a paid version mattered, but once approved, having the functionalities mentioned before including the ability to track and manage ROI of your events is worth the price, even as a non-profit.
Not well suited: An event with a complex agenda and concurrent sessions (although I hear this is coming soon). Paid version isn't worth it if you only do a few small events per year.
- Splash has an amazing email tool that allows event managers to easily send various types of emails, including save the dates, reminders, thank yous, and their templates are easily adjustable for all kinds of designers—and even non-designers!
- The Splash team is incredibly speedy when responding to their clients; successful events make them happy! Whether it's a question about design and templates, checking in RSVPs, or even their mobile App, Splash customer service members are readily available to help.
- The Splash platform does a fantastic job of housing all of your attendees in one place so that brands can learn more about their audience. Whether someone attends one event or three, Splash produces invaluable analytics that are necessary to continued business success.
- Splash is constantly upgrading their product offerings, and a custom media library would definitely be a great addition to those offerings!
- The ability to make small layout adjustments, such as changing copy or uploading a photo, on mobile would be amazing. Sometimes when you're not at the desk and perhaps *at* the event itself, instinct is to adjust on the phone.
- Some of the Splash templates feel a bit dated and could use a refresh.
- Event Creation - you can get a beautiful event page up and running very quickly.
- Event Page Design - this is critically important to helping visitors understand your brand and the style of your event. Only with Splash can you actually get this across with event page templates & designs.
- It has a robust backend management system. We have multiple people that access, design, organize, export and communicate across the respective stakeholders. We need to set up discount codes, nested ticketing, etc. and Splash helps make that happen.
- Analytics - I don't use it. I think it's mostly because I'm not sure I can trust the analytics yet or because it isn't super easy to access.
- Withdrawing funds could be a little less manual.
- Sometimes the modular design isn't super intuitive and takes me a bit to figure out what I'm trying to do.
It helps the different stakeholders to have all the info centralized in a single tool and control panel, really easy to create templates and keep track of events. Much better than any other tool that we have used.
- Easy setup of the event page itself.
- Easy to manage invite processes sending out emails, notifications and updates.
- Easy access to email analytics.
- Navigating the setup and editing blocks could be easier/more self-explaining.
- Integration with Hubspot and Salesforce seems difficult or only available in a beta version.
The free version is even suitable for personal use!
Splash allows for Ad Age employees to create highly customized and elevated event pages that save us time and resources due to the platform's ease of use.
- Support: Splash provides excellent support. I especially appreciate how quickly I am met with a thorough response, and even more so that the response includes a video showing the fix in action on the exact template I am working in--this is extremely helpful!
- Account Management: Our Account Manager, Christina, is extremely attentive and responsive. I recently reached out with a request for a custom template, and to my delight was presented with the template a few short hours later! I let Christina know the request was time sensitive, but her response time surpassed expectations.
- Ease of Use: Splash provides two modes of use: Designer Mode and Designer Pro. The former is mostly used for tweaking templates, and the latter is used for building templates. Regardless of which mode you are comfortable using, Splash provides trainings that our team found extremely helpful and beneficial.
- Live Chat: It would be great if Splash had a live chat feature in case the user has a time sensitive question.
- Customer Support Number: It would be great if Splash listed a customer support number so the user could speak to a human for assistance.
- Customizable event pages - that look expensive and custom but are actually easy to build and included in our package.
- Customer support - always quick to respond and solve any issues.
- Innovation - they are always coming out with something new!
- Not regularly, but sometimes we come across bugs with some of the design features; these are easily solved however.
- The landing pages on Splash are excellent. The designs are great, and the CMS for updating the page is user-friendly.
- The email marketing tool is easy to use and the emails it produces are very simple and drive lots of traffic.
- The Salesforce integration works very well, creates campaigns for all events and leads for all RSVPs/check-ins.
- I wish it was easier to create landing page/email templates to reuse. Right now, I usually just duplicate an event and make edits to that.
-TradeShows, Events, Surveys, Webinars
- Email Creation
- RSVP management
- Analytic Snapshots of success rate
- Hub Spots
- Unsubscribe feature - seems to unsubscribe under from all Splah emails vs from one event
- Need subscription cost option
- Needs a built-in QR scanner for non-Splash QR codes.
- Creating event pages
- Create newsletters
- Sends emails out to our full database with ease
- The app glitches from time to time when loading our database to in out emails
- The web browser crashes and asked to be reloaded sometimes and will not let you build a new page
Splash Event Marketing Platform Scorecard Summary
About Splash Event Marketing Platform
The main value proposition of the platform is to help you get your event in front of the right audience, optimize conversions at each stage of the event lifecycle, and ensure seamless follow ups and reporting.
Splash Event Marketing Platform Screenshots
Splash Event Marketing Platform Integrations
Splash Event Marketing Platform Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Splash's free product is popular with companies running 1-2 small events that want to try the platform, as well as individuals hosting personal events like birthdays and weddings. Splash for Business is used by companies that view events as an important part of marketing strategy. They typically host, participate in, or sponsor multiple events throughout the year. The Splash team can also develop customized pricing/packaging, depending on an organization's unique needs and goals.
Splash Event Marketing Platform Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Splash Event Marketing Platform Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|