Reviews (1-25 of 40)
- RSVPs are easily exported to share information with the team.
- High-quality selection of stock photos makes it easy to create eye-catching landing pages.
- Check-in feature helps us track the percentage of drivers attending our events.
- When designing a landing page for an event, the functionality of the layout page is quite finicky. I would love to see the ability to add features to certain text boxes become more fluid.
- The formatting across the layout page is not always consistent, specifically text sizing.
- I had an issue with an account, and the support team took an extremely long time (2+ months) to produce a remedy for the issue I was experiencing.
- It has many design options that are easy to implement without having a design background.
- It allows you to manage all aspects of an event from start to finish.
- Customer service is top notch.
- Capability for automated emails
- Capability to geo-target guests for marketing purposes
- The ease of use is impeccable as someone with little to no experience could navigate the backend well.
- The dynamic Splash is a breath of fresh air as edits and changes can be made in seconds.
- The overall page design is appealing as well as the graphics and imagery really appeal to our event attendees. We can do some fun stuff with the pages.
- I’m having a hard time answering this question. Maybe the ability for those designated as contributors to the page to be able to more easily turn off alerts when an event is assigned.
- Amazing stock image bank that allows for high-end invites
- Easy onsite check-in that makes us look incredibly professional with an iPad instead of a piece of printed paper and check marks.
- Complete customization in all aspects.
- I would like to see event cloning so you can easily copy the previous event
- Sometimes navigation can be tricky within the landing page build out
- Allows you to set up web pages quickly and easily.
- Lots of pre-set templates to get you started.
- The registration process is quick and easy for attendees.
- No lead retrieval yet -- it's on the roadmap.
- Attendee app is in Beta, look forward to it being ready soon.
- Collecting and aggregating RSVPs
- Easily developing a beautiful landing page for your event
- Connecting with attendees pre/post event
- Ease of editing and customizing the landing page
- Pulling information connected with other event pages
- Exporting attendee list
It is a very useful tool to get information and research from hard data.
- It provides hard data
- It gives real-time details
- It allows people to customize their events
- It is a reliable source of data
- Sometimes it fails at making people collaborators
- It is not always user-friendly
- It could have a frequently asked questions that are easy to reach for
For events that need to control RSVPs and assistance.
For events that are not directly coordinated by a company such as the ones that we do at WeWork.
For collaborators that are coordinating assistance at an event but are not entirely coordinating the whole event.
For people who need to create a database from an event.
- Insights and data garnered from events and guests who attended
- Great design and design templates that can be tailored and recommended per event size.
- Easy to use dashboard and seamless set up that is not time consuming
- Easier navigation from dashboard to mobile app in checking users in and ability to add more details from non-registered guests
- Give brief descriptions of what each metric in insights means to help understand what data and metrics are telling you
- Large-scale events with over 1,000 people.
- Small event with 30 wouldn't necessarily need to use it.
- Design: Use of use is fantastic; as is the level of customization.
- Integrations: The ability to integrate the Splash platform with Salesforce, payment methods, and day-of printing tools is a game-changer.
- Communications: The ability to quickly create targeted emails and reminders to prospects and attendees is tremendous!
- Offering additional ready-made template designs would be really helpful, particularly from an inspiration standpoint.
- Additional CRM and software integrations.
- I love the templates and options they provide which makes it easy to design a page from scratch. It goes beyond the landing page and also allows me to customize the form customers fill out and the confirmation page and email they receive.
- I get to customize all of my event landing pages. It's great because I get to create a page that's on brand and keeping with each event's theme.
- Lastly, I love that I can then use the website to check guests in at our events making it an all-in-one tool for our event registration and tracking.
- The only complaint I have is that it doesn't integrate with Salesforce. It would be great to have contacts automatically load into a campaign when they register. Right now I have to do this manually. Maybe this is soon to come?
- Create tickets
- Build an event page fast
- Continue to engage our audience on the event and agenda
- Color scheme for free events
- No reason in my opinion to pay annual subscription. I'd pay smaller amounts to unlock features.
- Enable marketing through integration with google adwords, facebook, linkedin, etc.
- Branded Templates: With the Pro account, Splash takes your brand guidelines, fonts, logos, colors and creates customized event templates for your most frequent types of events making it easy to create new events that align with the experience of your brand.
- Customer Service: Any time I have a problem, my Account Manager (Matt!) always has a solution. Whether it be a glitch in the page, an integration problem, or suggesting new ways to use the system. I'm never left stranded, which when you work in eight time zones, matters.
- Ease of Backend Use: I've used other start-up event management softwares which are painful to use on the back end, buggy, and not intuitive for a non-coder. Splash is extremely easy to use and customize, which makes working with the system enjoyable.
- Low Ticketing Fees: One of the main reasons we decided to upgrade to the Pro account is because we were hosting more ticketed events. As a non-profit, ticketing fees make a difference to our donations. Not only did Splash provide the other benefits mentioned above, they were the most competitive on credit card fees and integrated into our donation software system.
- Concurrent Session Registration: The only time I haven't been able to use Splash was when planning a conference with concurrent session registration. Splash currently only has a one-RSVP system, but I know this is in their product pipeline, so soon will be a function.
- Price: The annual price is high, especially if you're used to using free event platforms like eventbrite. We had to do a lot of convincing to senior management about why using a paid version mattered, but once approved, having the functionalities mentioned before including the ability to track and manage ROI of your events is worth the price, even as a non-profit.
Not well suited: An event with a complex agenda and concurrent sessions (although I hear this is coming soon). Paid version isn't worth it if you only do a few small events per year.
Splash Event Marketing Platform Review: "Splash, a great tool for organizing your Marketing Related Events."
It helps the different stakeholders to have all the info centralized in a single tool and control panel, really easy to create templates and keep track of events. Much better than any other tool that we have used.
- Easy setup of the event page itself.
- Easy to manage invite processes sending out emails, notifications and updates.
- Easy access to email analytics.
- Navigating the setup and editing blocks could be easier/more self-explaining.
- Integration with Hubspot and Salesforce seems difficult or only available in a beta version.
The free version is even suitable for personal use!
Splash allows for Ad Age employees to create highly customized and elevated event pages that save us time and resources due to the platform's ease of use.
- Support: Splash provides excellent support. I especially appreciate how quickly I am met with a thorough response, and even more so that the response includes a video showing the fix in action on the exact template I am working in--this is extremely helpful!
- Account Management: Our Account Manager, Christina, is extremely attentive and responsive. I recently reached out with a request for a custom template, and to my delight was presented with the template a few short hours later! I let Christina know the request was time sensitive, but her response time surpassed expectations.
- Ease of Use: Splash provides two modes of use: Designer Mode and Designer Pro. The former is mostly used for tweaking templates, and the latter is used for building templates. Regardless of which mode you are comfortable using, Splash provides trainings that our team found extremely helpful and beneficial.
- Live Chat: It would be great if Splash had a live chat feature in case the user has a time sensitive question.
- Customer Support Number: It would be great if Splash listed a customer support number so the user could speak to a human for assistance.
Splash Event Marketing Platform Review: "In-house event team at Healthcare Tech company LOVES SPLASH!"
- Customizable event pages - that look expensive and custom but are actually easy to build and included in our package.
- Customer support - always quick to respond and solve any issues.
- Innovation - they are always coming out with something new!
- Not regularly, but sometimes we come across bugs with some of the design features; these are easily solved however.
-TradeShows, Events, Surveys, Webinars
- Email Creation
- RSVP management
- Analytic Snapshots of success rate
- Hub Spots
- Unsubscribe feature - seems to unsubscribe under from all Splah emails vs from one event
- Need subscription cost option
- Needs a built-in QR scanner for non-Splash QR codes.
- Create a beautiful invitation that is attractive to the target audience
- Track opens and attendees
- Send follow up emails to employees (reminders)
- The design interface could allow for more customization
- The design of the emails could be easier to follow
- It would be great for the administrator to be able to edit invitations / responses more easliy
Creative services builds all of our SPLASH pages/invites for every event that we do. Members of our Events Team are the ones who manage the page, send out the invites, keep track of RSVP's, track attendees. We use this for our events worldwide.
- Creative Freedom
- Export Capabilities
- Ease to Create A New Page
- Would like to be able to export people's pictures.
- There are often glitches when it comes to saving pages.
- Sometimes it takes a long time to export lists .
Splash Event Marketing Platform Scorecard Summary
About Splash Event Marketing Platform
The main value proposition of the platform is to help you get your event in front of the right audience, optimize conversions at each stage of the event lifecycle, and ensure seamless follow ups and reporting.
Splash Event Marketing Platform Screenshots
Splash Event Marketing Platform Integrations
Splash Event Marketing Platform Competitors
Splash's free product is popular with companies running 1-2 small events that want to try the platform, as well as individuals hosting personal events like birthdays and weddings. Splash for Business is used by companies that view events as an important part of marketing strategy. They typically host, participate in, or sponsor multiple events throughout the year. The Splash team can also develop customized pricing/packaging, depending on an organization's unique needs and goals.
Splash Event Marketing Platform Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Splash Event Marketing Platform Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|