That Canadian Review
February 25, 2020
That Canadian Review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with 8x8 Contact Center
We use the program in our in-house contact center. Currently, it is only used to handle inbound/outbound calls from and to our customers by the customer service reps. We received calls from customers across North America and at times make a call back across the same geo.
Additionally, I use the reporting suite to generate tracking and reporting to senior management on our various KPIs.
For us, it provides a user-friendly CMS without having to house equipment and servers onsite.
- Each CSR has the ability to see the entire team's status on their dashboard, which makes it very useful when they need to consult or transfer within the department.
- The reporting options cover all of the main metrics that I want to track and report on and are fairly easy to set up for repetitive usage or for one-off needs. There are also methods of creating auto-generated reports that are delivered to specified inboxes.
- We do seem to run into spontaneous latency where at a random time, the CSRs will have difficulty closing a call, transferring etc.
- There will be times when a CSR has to restart the application as it has 'locked up'.
- Since I didn't see what we had in use before 8x8, I really am not in a position to help here.
I have used such products as eWorkforce, Avaya and Blue Pumpkin. Those products when I was using them were operated on in-house servers and were covering larger groups.
8x8, as I have said, works very well in this environment. I prefer that we are not hosting the program but rather as using it. While there was a certain level of analytics and scheduling that could be utilized in the other products, I really don't have the need here. Our program, due to its nature is predictable enough to not need the full scheduling options.
I haven't had to use the support yet, although our IT manager does from time to time. He seems satisfied with the response rate and level of support.
Do you think 8x8 Contact Center delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with 8x8 Contact Center's feature set?
Did 8x8 Contact Center live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of 8x8 Contact Center go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy 8x8 Contact Center again?
From my experience, this program is well suited to the smaller size contact center, perhaps less than 100 CSR. While I have no doubt it could handle any size, since it performs so well for our size (~20), it seems that is where it handles best. The reporting elements also work well with the smaller size of our program and should be able to handle adding on the other contact methods.
When I was part of larger centers (200+), there seemed to be programs that were better suited to the scale involved. 8x8 may well be able to be scaled up, but its hard to tell for sure. Perhaps with separate departments or sections having their own queue would work too.