Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
We are a non-profit that offers services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. MIP is only used in our accounting department for accounting and payroll. We are partially funded by Federal and State grants and I use the budget worksheet to enter the several different annual budgets I must keep track of. This also helps with preparing financial statements for grants. I do payroll in house, so I use the payroll system in MIP.
- Being able to enter different budgets for different grants makes monthly invoicing easier and helps in keeping track of budget balances.
- The drill down is extremely helpful. It shows all entries made and gives session ID's along with all other pertinent information.
- The payroll system is easy to use. When doing payroll in house, it calculates the taxes and saves a lot of work.
- The biggest problem with MIP is when you are reversing posted sessions. If you have several items in the session and only want to reverse one item, when you use the "find" key, this almost always causes MIP to stop responding and shut down. It is very frustrating.
- Not very user friendly. You can not simply delete something. You must navigate through many areas to fix one thing.
- Being able to prepare financial statements in a timely manner keeps funds coming in on a regular basis to help us in continuing our services for victims.
- Being able to process payroll in house saves money from out sourcing payroll.
- Being able to quickly prepare a financial statement for possible future grants and/or contributions has helped secure donations.
MIP does help in managing grants from the multiple funders we have. You enter a budget for each grant and enter expenses to that grant easily. You can print a statement of revenue and expenditures that shows the current expenses and budget variances. This has been very helpful in keeping track of expenses for the many grants we get.
I have used MIP since my employment 5 years ago. My company used Quick Books before MIP. This is the first non-profit I have worked for, so I have not had to use similar products and therefore can not compare or evaluate them against MIP.
Great for budgets. If you are in an industry where you have to have several different budgets, this is really great for that. The payroll system is good and also offers electronic filing. MIP also prepares 1099's, W-2's and quarterly 941 reports. Correcting mistakes takes more work than Quickbooks. Hard to navigate for new users.
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Using MIP Fund Accounting
Once you learn how to navigate the system, it works great for the most part. I can not give it a 10 because of the reversing issue.
- Entering and following budgets has been fairly easy.
- Payroll is easier with the payroll system MIP has.
- Entering payables and receivables is good once you learn the system.
- Trying to reverse out an entry.
- When trying to reverse an entry and selecting the "find" key, this causes MIP to stop working and shut down. You have to keep logging back in.
- Learning how to navigate MIP for the first time. Not very user friendly.
Yes, but I don't use it
Like to use
Feel confident using
Difficult to use
Slow to learn
Lots to learn