Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
We use MIP for fund accounting. We use the integrated Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Budgeting, General Ledger, Grant Management, and Cash Management [modules]. It allows us to better track all grant related activity and with the different G/L segments track many other aspects of our business. We do extensive reporting to outside regulatory agencies and the flexibility found in MIP allows for easy and manageable treatment of our data.
- We love the import and export features. You can do anything you need. We use the import functionality for A/P, A/R, and G/L transactions.
- Reports are very flexible and can be molded to your current needs.
- The segmented G/L codes are fantastic to reporting at different levels of the organization.
- Would like to see the ability to "see" the last update made, by whom, for vendor/customer maintenance files.
- It is too easy to overwrite existing forms during updating of the software.
- Our database is getting really big and is harder to manage, perhaps a way to archive years instead of having to restart a new database.
- We have been using the software for many years and it allows for full support of our business objectives.
- QuickBooks is a joke when compared to a true accounting software solution like MIP Fund Accounting.
As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) we use MIP for our multiple grant funded programs. We use a G/L segment for "grant/fund" and one for "grant year". This allows us to properly report and track our grant funding across the various grant award periods. We designated "grant/fund" as a self balancing segment.
MIP is incredibly versatile with functionality for full fund accounting. The self balancing segments work wonderfully. We use a geographic location, department, fund, job class, and restriction for our segments. We have found the payroll module and the purchasing module not to be sufficient for our needs at this time.