Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
MIP is being used across the organization. Finance uses the AP, AR, GL and report modules as well as payroll. HR uses the HR management module. Managers across the agency have the executive license and can access reports and research charges. We also have a third party product for timesheets that integrates with the payroll/HR management modules. It helps keep the financial information accessible to managers on real time.
- The reporting module is very flexible and allows you to customize report statement formats for the various grants you may have. This helps managers review the financial data in a way that is more meaningful to them. The standard reports that come with the module are great as well.
- The report binders and scheduler module allow you to set up a set of different types of reports to be sent to specific recipients. You can either time these monthly/quarterly or save them for when you are ready to send them. This makes the report distribution process easier.
- Researching transactions all the way to the back up attachment is easy and can help solve many issues promptly.
- The budget module has improved over the years but still needs more flexibility to customize comparison data and budgeting options for the non-financial manager. Currently it needs a well versed MIP user to create a budget via the budget module. The program managers need to have input in this process so we still have the bulk of the budget work done outside MIP and then imported.
- Teh AR module is still cumbersome to process billings especially when working with government grant funding.
- The Allocations module needs more flexibility in terms of the basis for allocation and easier updates for customized allocation basis like square footage. We should be able to import the user define field to be used for allocations.
- Great! [We] always able to improve processes & reporting.
Yes we have been able to manage programs that are funded by individual donors as well as foundations, and government grants in addition to our own funding. We are able to manage the different restrictions of the funds and report appropriately internally and outside the company.
It is well suited for small to mid-size non-profit organizations. It works well with all modules integrated but not all are needed so it adds flexibility to the smaller organizations. Donor based organizations would need another software to track details of donations (donor).