Overall Satisfaction with Act-On
We use Act-on mostly to create digital newsletters, landing pages and forms for our customers. "We" is in this case a department of two: myself and a colleague. Sometimes customers create their own stuff in Act-on, with our account.
- It's easy to send emails to a list of contacts, multiple lists or just parts of a list.
- The rough layout of emails and landing pages is set up in a few minutes.
- The designing parts are very extensive.
- Support is great; quick, detailed answers to questions (including screenshots or video calls).
- Act-on is a program with lots of features; so many that it takes a while before you find out what everything exactly does and when it's the best thing to use.
- It would be great if complete rows in a template could be copied, and not just the blocks inside. That way I don't have to set backgroundcolors and padding everytime.
- Forwarding email should be easier; I know personalizations fields become empty when forwarded to a person who's not in the database (maybe there should be a solution for that too, "if empty, display ..." or something - everything but the codes), but I've never seen an email where I had to click special buttons to forward instead of the "normal" forward.
It's a great program if you email a lot, or to a lot of persons. By the reports of Act-on you get a very detailed image of what your clients do and what they like. It's good to know some html (terms as well as code) if you want to work with Act-on, but if you don't it's not a huge problem. If you want to personalize your mail there are a lot of options with photos, senders and other self created fields.