Overall Satisfaction with ADP Vantage HCM
ADP Vantage is used for HR (Core HR, Benefits, Talent, Recruitment) and payroll. Our employees use ADP on a daily basis to punch in and out for timecards. Employees are also able to update all their personal information such as address, phone, life events etc. Managers also use ADP Vantage self-service to enter information on transfers, pay changes, etc. We are completely paperless for all activities.
- Ambassador Rewards is a great program that practitioners can participate in.
- MyADP has a great look and feel but needs to be rolled out and not everything is there yet for our company.
- Self Service is the best part about ADP. Supervisors/Managers can submit items to be approved. Practitioners in ADP set up the workflow for the activities they can submit.
- I like the control practitioners have when it comes to security settings.
- ADP in general LOVES to roll out new products however it is very clear the new products are not tested by people that actually would use the product. Also they tend to roll out products that are NOT ready to be rolled out. ADP Vantage in general is a great example of this. ADP wanted to be a contender in the product solutions of everything is 1 product and it is seamless. That is NOT true about ADP Vantage. ADP Vantage is not real time when it comes to benefits talking to payroll. Ben Calc still needs to run in the background and be set to payroll. ADP Vantage should have never been marketed the way it was. Unfortunately our company bought into it and we have the product we have and now have to work with what we have.
- Another example of ADP rolling out new products before they are ready is My ADP. I tested this thoroughly before and I had to send a 17 page document to my service team to fix items that were not correct. Its frustrating to say the least.
- ADP loves to change your service team on you. We have had it rough since day 1 with ADP.... our service team is who we rely on to get answers to issues. ADP will just switch them without any notices. Mary Ladwig was a great service rep for benefits and without notice Mary was pulled from my account and I was given a different rep. Not only did ADP do this without notice but they did it right before Open Enrollment the absolute worst time for ADP to pull a rep. We have had the most challenging Open Enrollment and it is purely because ADP decided to pull my rep and then give me a completely inexperienced rep for Open Enrollment implementation.
- ADP Reporting is horrible. There is nothing to say other than it is not user friendly.
- ADP loves a good release to try and fix issues. However 99.9% of the time the release causes more issues that ADP did not test for.
- Overall ADP is one of the more expensive systems out there. We decided to take the chances and go with them. We make it work but there is always more that you want out of your system.
- If you want it ADP may have it but how much are you willing to pay for it. Its not always worth the $$.
We were previously on ADP but the portal was phasing out. We decided to stay with ADP because we thought it would be the easiest transition. It was hard and we are still working on this 4 years later. At this time we are not changing systems however we are not apposed to this.
Our company now has worked out most of the kinks but it has taken us 4 years. Items that you think would be easy are never easy with ADP. Overall out product is working the way it is working because we worked 16+ hours days to figure out the issues. We didn't have the time to do this but unfortunately we don't have the ability to switch at this time so we have to figure it out.
ADP Vantage HCM Feature Ratings
Using ADP Vantage HCM
We are clinical Healthcare
3 - We have recruiting, HR, Benefits, Compensation, Talent, Performance, etc. We split the duties dependent on our roles.
- All In One
- Paperless performance evaluations
- Performance Management
- FMLA Leaves ?
Do you think ADP Vantage HCM delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ADP Vantage HCM's feature set?
Did ADP Vantage HCM live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ADP Vantage HCM go as expected?
Would you buy ADP Vantage HCM again?
Evaluating ADP Vantage HCM and Competitors
Yes - It was a small ADP product that was being phased out. We had to switch to a national account.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
I don't know if I would change anything.
ADP Vantage HCM Implementation
Again best practices are not consistent between implementation and service team. Wish we got one team which implemented and stayed with us.
- Implemented in-house
- issues with moving from implementation team to service team everyone had different "best practices" that didn't add up which caused tons of issues.
ADP Vantage HCM Training
- Online training
It was okay but doesn't really prepare you as much as it should. You basically need to teach yourself.
ADP Vantage HCM Support
Overall we have great support.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No we did not purchase premium support.
Overall great response time unless it needs to be escalated to Configuration Analyst. If that happens it takes forever for anything to get fixed.
Using ADP Vantage HCM
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- All functions are easy it is not a hard system
- report but it just takes time
Yes, but I don't use it
ADP Vantage HCM Reliability
Overall good scalability
Not too many unplanned outages.
We don't have issues with this
Integrating ADP Vantage HCM
Neutral but we do not have anything integrated
- we do not have any integrated HCM as we have everything with ADP Vantage.
- File import/export
n/a as we do not have other systems integrated
Relationship with ADP
Definitely did not like Mark our Midwest Sales consultant. He definitely sold us on items that ADP Vantage did not have or did not have them fully rolled out. Which then rolled into issues with integration.
Mark was horrible he basically dropped us after the fact and never checked on the issues. However we did work well with integration.
Ask detailed questions and make sure they SHOW you that in fact they have what they say.
Upgrading ADP Vantage HCM
Yes - The releases are smooth however there are always issues we find after the fact. ADP doesn't always check how an upgrade with effect other areas of ADP.