Cherwell - ITSMhttps://www.trustradius.com/it-service-management-itsmCherwell Service ManagementUnspecified6.6731012017-11-22T21:34:16.680Z
November 22, 2017
Cherwell - ITSM
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Cherwell Service Management
The Wisconsin DNR uses Cherwell as an Agency underneath the primary organization - the Wisconsin DOA. It is used throughout enterprise IT, but implemented only in that capacity, and is not used by all technology support groups within the DNR. We are striving to get to full usage of all available implemented features, but are not quite there yet.
- Automated workflows are done very well. There is a broad and configurable set of automations available, which allow for effective incident routing.
- Reporting is very flexible with all the options available, dashboards and graphing in an automated manner can be an effective delivery or ITIL reports.
- Web based clients allow for some good basic functionality, which are good for customers, or end users.
- Within our deployment model of Cherwell, there are core functional pieces that have to be configured at the top level, rather than the sub levels, which make some areas difficult to manage. For example, if one agency wants to use feature x in one way, but another agency wants to configure the same feature in a different way, then consensus has to be gained first. Its not as fully flexible in the base configuration space as would be ideal.
- Automated email processes, especially in the volumes that the State of Wisconsin goes through require some tweaking to allow them to fire in an effective way. We sometimes see problems with backlogs of these.
- Licensing based on concurrency and usage is a very modern approach, however, it leads to challenges in how customers use it. For example, we have automated log-off's in place for the local clients in order to manage our own usage, to maintain reasonable costs.
- We've been able to implement more easily many ITIL related items such as change management, integrated ITSM, configuration management, and others
- The centralized nature of these tools allows for extended functionality, like downstream and upstream impact assessments
- Asset management has become a little easier, especially with the opportunities that Cherwell gives us.
Cherwell was selected over many other competing products because it scored well in comparison tests, and offered extended functionalities that other tools did not.