Easy to set up
August 30, 2016
Easy to set up
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Classy
Classy is being used by the organization as a whole as the peer to peer fundraising system. This organization is a start up and has very limited funds and needed a way to be able to raise money without making an investment. Classy provided a fundraising system that didn't have an upfront fee associated with it which was exactly what the organization was looking for.
- The fundraising website is easy for a nonprofit to set up. You can customize things like colors and logos and the rest of it is taken care of for you.
- Fundraisers (constituents) have a pretty easy time using Classy. The system is pretty straightforward with how you sign up to create a page and then it's pretty easy for users to edit their page and share to fundraise.
- Classy's reporting options are pretty good and allow an organization to view information about fundraisers.
- The customization is limited, so if you're looking for something that you can make a lot of changes to, this wouldn't be the program to use. That does make it easier to set up, but you have to be mindful that you'll only be able to change so much.
- Classy also isn't a full CRM program (it doesn't claim to be so that's no fault of theirs). Just something to keep in mind that you'll end up with fundraising data here and eventually you're going to want to be able to pull all this info into your main database to be able to properly communicate and maintain these records.
- The admin tools are a little confusing for someone who is new to the system. It's pretty easy to fumble around and find what you need, but some of the features don't quite make sense as to where you'd find them (for example, if you need to delete a fundraising page, it's a little hard to find where you'd do this). Just a bit of a learning curve as there would be with any software.
- This has been nothing but positive. We use the basic version so there is no fee associated with it other than a percentage of each transaction. So everything that comes in is added revenue where the only investment is staff time, but there is no monetary investment.
We chose to go with Classy because we needed something simple to set up for peer to peer fundraising without an upfront investment fee. We didn't need customization or bells and whistles and we were able to get the fundraising site set up and running in about a week. Ultimately the hope is that we grow such that we can look at investing in a larger platform that allows for more customization and is more of a CRM database, but for now, Classy was perfect to get us off the ground.
I would recommend Classy depending on what an organization is looking for. If you're looking for a cheap, easy to set up fundraising tool that you can implement quickly, then this is a great solution. If you want something that looks more seamless with your website, that you can make a lot of customizations to and that you can integrate with other databases, this might not be the best tool.