The best prices and easy from start to scale
January 13, 2016

The best prices and easy from start to scale

Peter Ivie | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Cloudant

We use Cloudant to store the data that can't be easily recreated.
  • I like that I can group multiple data objects into a single request to reduce the cost.
I hate having to modify the schema on a large table. It can take a long time and can lock up the entire database during the whole time. Cloudant gives me what I need without imposing restrictions that provide performance benefits that I don't need right now. I can put in whatever data I want and it just takes care of everything.
I have not yet had occasion to put the scalability to the test. However, perceived scalability was one of the reasons I chose Cloudant. I want to be able to expand when the time comes without having to put a lot of time and effort into it. Cloudant fits into that zone nicely.
Yes I have experienced time savings. I used to spend way too much time managing my own servers and dealing with failed drives and lost data. I would much rather have someone else do it who specializes in the area and can take problems in stride and resolve them without getting in the way of the things I want to do.
I chose Cloudant because they had the best low end traffic prices while still providing room for pay as you need it scalability. I had an Amazon EC2 instance for a few years and I had to pay so much for it even though it hardly had any traffic. Being connected to IBM helped me trust them with my data.
I haven't tried it at scale, but it was extremely easy to get started and works very well for what I am using it for. The low end price point can't be beat. Really, it's physically impossible without them paying me to use the site... now there is an idea! Thanks Cloudant