ConnectWise helps us stay connected to our clients and what is important to them.
Overall Satisfaction with ConnectWise
Our entire organization uses ConnectWise. We have 2 business units, Managed Services and Insurance Billing (Revenue Cycle Management) for medical practices. We log all activities in ConnectWise to address a number of business problems.
1. Record time spent against clients. This allows us to understand profitability per client and have a record of actions taken. This is primarily in Service Tickets and Projects.
2. Track assets for Managed Services Clients and associate those assets w/ service tickets.
3. Knowledge Base to help speed resolution of future service issues. To be fair, we supplement this function with another product too, but link to that product from within the assets in ConnectWise.
4. Service billing. We track and invoice service agreements and service tickets out of ConnectWise.
5. CRM and Sales. Contacts, company info, sales leads and sales process management.
6. Integrates with our RMM tool, Labtech and other monitoring tools to automatically open tickets based upon alerts or thresholds being met.
- Ticket management. This is where the bulk of our service work is created, tracked and closed out for invoicing.
- Agreement management. Automated billing of contracted services, lets us see what we are doing, and compare cost vs. invoicing to determine profitability of the service and the clients.
- Time tracking. We do payroll out of ConnectWise too and we can see what that time was spent on by employees.
- The project management piece is a little clunky and it is hard to collaborate with third parties using just the build in PM tools.
- Some service agreements with some third parties are particularly troublesome, but this is probably more due to the third party and the way they transmit info than anything else.
- The customer portal leaves a lot to be desired.
- Better visibility on service and profitability for our IT and insurance clients.
- Saved money vs. supporting and developing our own PSA software.
- We continue to evolve our usage as we get more focused on the sales and marketing modules build into ConnectWise so that we can have better insights into our sales processes.
Managed Service Providers - I don't know how you run a company like ours without a tool like this. I know one man shows and 200 employee MSPs who use it religiously.
Telecom companies - we've recommended the tool for friends who run telephone service companies and they love it.
If you run a service industry where you need to track what is being done for your clients, ConnectWise is a great tool. It's a CRM x 10!