Overall Satisfaction with Epicor ERP
It is used as a standard corporate ERP to replace various site ERP/MES systems as a result of acquisitions. One corporate instance will help enable multiple key business strategies including vertical integrating finance, operations, logistics.
- Inside out architecture provides consistent and required function integration (ie. no bolt on's) while providing integration with most popular software where required.
- Fairly robust and flexible material (MRP) and job scheduling functionality. Provides flexibility to use many key scheduling criteria to fine tune capabilities to match business/site requirements.
- Flexibility to enforce same or modified business rules, security model, reporting, etc for each business/location.
- Job costing and analysis is flexible and easy to set up and maintain.
- Standard implementation methodology needs to be modified to better address use of company data for robust testing and improved data migration.
- Consulting bench (a number of highly experienced and available consultants) not large enough. Some third-party implementation partners need better and more up to date training.
- Data collection very tailored to discrete manufacturing; need more flexibility to meet specific requirements/processes for business with other manufacturing and/or services models.