Overall Satisfaction with GoToAssist
Currently my colleagues and I, in the IT department, use it to support users when they are remote or at times when we are. We have many laptop users at our firm that travel both inside and outside of the United States for work. It is very helpful to have the ability to assist users no matter where they are. In our new image, we will begin to deploy the unattended support portion so that we no longer have a need to send users links, but instead we can connect to their machines and rectify issues when they are not in front of their computers.
- Being able to remotely restart a users PC and be reconnected without seamlessly is something that is particularly important at times.
- Being able to pass off a users session to another technician is great in the sense of escalating a user problem to the correct person.
- Very simple to use for both the technician and the user.
- The administration web interface can be a bit cumbersome.
- Would be nice if I had the option where I did not need to tie an account to a email address. It may work fine for companies of a tremendous size for ticketing purposes, but for my firm we just would like to use it and share 3 seats. It is not cost effective for my entire team to use a license as we will never all use it at the same time, but we could all benefit from using the product.
- We could benefit from a scaled down version that only encompasses the remote support portion. We don't use other pieces of it like the mobile profiles portion, so if we could scale it back and get it at a cheaper cost that would be beneficial.
- GoToAssist has definitely increased our customer service. We now have two users that have moved to California from our office in Chicago so they work remotely every day. With GoToAssist and Citrix we are able to offer them a working environment where they can be productive and not fear that they are on an island without help.
- With the rollout of the unattended installer it will help the efficiency of traveling users. Instead of users waiting for their PCs to be serviced when they return, we can tend to more user issues remotely right where they are right away.
- The last point can also be looked at as a positive and a negative. When using a product like this, you must set expectations with your users. Now that you have the ability to respond to users quickly, you must set thresholds as you can only keep up demands at real-time speed in the event that you have the resources to do so. So setting protocols for reasonable expectations for your users is key.
To us, it just works. and it is what our users are comfortable with. It covers all the remote issues that we as an IT department encounter. We have grown to like it and we also have grown to like the Citrix product family. We really can't find anything that would keep us from renewing.
The best scenario for the use of this product is when you have remote users, or when the support team is remote (working from home). We demo'd this product during a planned company snow day. It worked great for my team and was the deciding factor to ask for this to be purchased for my team. Anytime you have users that have PCs that you cannot physically get to, GoToAssist is a excellent option.