Review: "Best in Class - HealthStream Fits Clinic-based Business Model"https://www.trustradius.com/talent-managementHealthStreamUnspecified7.2211012014-01-22T00:07:40.333Z
Overall Satisfaction with HealthStream
At University Healthcare Alliance, we use HealthStream to track compliance for clinical, non-clinical and regulatory courses. Our staff of 900+ employees and 175+ physicians complete HealthStream assignments on a regular basis. To complete training manually, over 10+ buildings/locations, and to track completion of educational objectives would be impossible. HealthStream affords us a single data capture for our learning experience and allows us to connect to live classroom opportunities sponsored by our parent organization, Stanford Hospital and Clinics.
- Reporting. Having the ability to track compliance (and non-compliance) at our fingertips ensures that we are up-to-date with Federal, State, Local and internal policies, requirements and educational initiatives
- Customization. Developing in-house materials, specific to our variable training needs is a huge plus - HealthStream's commitment to SCORM-ready content since 2011 has made it simple for us to connect, engage and interact with all of our staff and providers.
- Integration. Allowing us to interface with our HRM/HRIS systems is invaluable. Keeping up with a dynamic workforce, both in terms of retention and attrition, would not be possible without our current interface structures.
- Additional SCORM capability. It would be nice for HealthStream to record and maintain responses from SCORM-based input, including user responses. Having only the ability to review multiple-choice test iterations and average responses is good, but the ability to review individual responses would be amazing - and a great tool to identify specific gaps in educational content/student understanding.
- Additional test question types. It would be great to see interactive question objects available through the standard HLC test question interface. The ability to create hotspot interactions and/or visual queues would be ideal - and possibly enhance the value of the Test Results report.
- Easier non-HealthStream data recording. For us, having the ability to customize the student profile would be a great plus. In a changed model, we could add fields for inservices, CE/CEU classes taken outside of HealthStream and have the ability to record other training-related data to a single screen.
- Performance Reviews. This, to me, is a natural addition to the HealthStream process. Having performance tied to training/development would be another great plus. Obviously, if this was another "module" with greater expense, the benefit would be less.
- Efficiency is obviously the key to a full-service LMS such as HealthStream. Having multiple contact points for employees, both for regulatory/compliance education, registration and continuing education is most valuable. I don't know that ROI is a good measure for HealthStream - it's a costly system. Rather, I would say that HealthStream is a solid investment that will streamline a health care organization's ability to track educational performance and to provide a simple, easy-to-navigate connection between management and staff.
In the past, I've used both BlackBoard and IntraLearn to manage health care eLearning. Intralearn, in particular, is a great in-house solution - although it does require full customization by the administrator as there is no canned content or content library resource. IntraLearn is integrated with Sharepoint, so that is a plus for any organization where Sharepoint is used for their web presence.
I would ask the project manager/leader if they intended on developing their own content, or if they were content with HealthStream's various content libraries. The decision to use HealthStream as a development tool, internally, cannot be taken lightly. There is a lot of work and required expertise involved in designing and maintaining original course materials. I would also ask if the project manager/leader had considered the amount of time required to manage a full-service HealthStream environment.
HealthStream is a known commodity - it's comfortable, easy and accurate. The support from our assigned team in Nashville is stellar. There would be no reason to change vendors - the company offers everything that we need from an industry leader. And, the value of the system, from an enterprise viewpoint cannot be challenged.