User Review: "HealthStream Makes Training Easy"https://www.trustradius.com/talent-managementHealthStreamUnspecified7.7231012014-01-21T23:35:13.692Z
Overall Satisfaction with HealthStream
My former organization was using HealthStream across departments, primarily to role out required elearning. HealthStream allowed administrators to not only deliver the trainings electronically, but to also monitor and track the statistics of users who had completed the trainings. Some of the trainings also included short quizzes at the end, also deployed through HealthStream, which greatly helped track employee comprehension.
- Designing elearning tutorials and assessments is very intuitive in HealthStream. This benefits the designer, but also the end user or employee who will ultimately take the test since the layout is also very user friendly.
- Tracking statistics for employees; it is very easy to pull reports in HealthStream that detail scores for students on assessments, length of time it took to complete training, questions that were often answered incorrectly, etc.
- Searching different user and employee groups for tracking is very intuitive, which saves quite a deal of time in the long run when needing to access these employee populations.
- Embedding elearning tutorials into HealthStream can be a bit complicated, and even slow down the site for the end user. In my experience, I found it much easier to just offer a link to the tutorial through the assessment portion.
- Keeping users synced into the most up-to-date user groups can be a bit tricky. If you create your own student groups, and then these students transfer to a different job role or department, you will manually have to make these changes yourself. A more automated process would be great.
- Easier and faster way for departments to be compliant with required trainings such as HIPAA and Information Security that is audited by the Joint Commission.
- Increased motivation in employees to take the required trainings as they know their participation will be tracked, and that they may need to complete an assessment.
I think that the biggest area where HealthStream is suited is to track required trainings, presentations, tests etc. Because of its intuitive design and relative ease to set up required material, it would be very easy to implement HealthStream on a larger scale. However, if the primary goal of the end user is simply to roll out assessments, something like SurveyMonkey may be a better option.
I would most definitely choose to renew our contract as HealthStream is a great tool that meets the needs of the organization when it comes to delivering and tracking training. Prior to rolling out HealthStream, most of the tracking would be done manually through Excel, and classes would all have to be done in person. HealthStream really optimizes everyone's time, and makes everything more efficient.