Overall Satisfaction with iSpring Suite
We currently use iSpring to develop internal, industry-specific training for our law firm. It has several options for how the training can be published. We develop SCORM formatted training to upload directly to our learning management system (LMS). We also use it to develop training for our clients on the use of our client software. We are in development to use this program system-wide.
- iSpring integrates with PowerPoint extremely well and enables the user to develop training in PowerPoint with ease.
- iSpring characters are fantastic. They continue to add more regularly features regularly.
- The voice recording and ability to integrate music is a very easy process.
- Customer service is fantastic. They are quick to respond and their training is easy to follow.
- The biggest challenge I have experienced is trying to add video to my trainings. I'm still struggling and looking to customer service for help.
- I think they could make it easier to download the whole template instead of having to go to each on and then get dumped back to the beginning.
- I don't like how you are limited to 100 downloads per day. This make some days just downloading so I have the templates. I would rather just be able to download what I wanted when I wanted so I didn't have to store in my storage resources.
- When I arrived at this firm they were trying to use a cartoon video training software program that was difficult to use and more expensive. iSpring allowed me to cut costs and improve the quality of training.
- Another positive impact is the ability to create trainings on the fly and quickly.
- A disadvantage is the cost to add more than one seat. It makes it so I have to do it all because it is a little pricy.
- Vyond (formerly GoAnimate)
When I found iSpring three years ago I fell in love with it. It was easy to use and my training went from amateur visuals to professional and polished. When I arrived at the firm they were trying to use Vyond. It is a great idea, but I felt like a deer in the headlights when I tried to build a training video. They offered very poor classes, no individual training. The firm had paid more for their product and only had two videos to show for a year's worth of payments. I have already built several major compliance trainings since obtaining my most recent license two months ago. I am on track to build many more as I develop training for each department firm-wide.
iSpring is very efficient and functional. Users enjoy seamless integration with PowerPoint. The trainings that can be developed in PowerPoint are limitless and professional. Users may not even realize that PowerPoint has the potential it does until they use it with iSpring. Using the screen recording, voice recording, and characters make trainings practical and attractive.
They are always on top of their customers and will jump to find you an answer. I'm still stuck on how to add video the way I want it and customer service has not been able to help me with that. That is the only reason that I didn't give them a 10. They are awesome and fast to respond.
Do you think iSpring Suite delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with iSpring Suite's feature set?
Did iSpring Suite live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of iSpring Suite go as expected?
Would you buy iSpring Suite again?
iSpring is well suited for beginners and advanced users. iSpring simplifies the user's ability to develop training, take screen recordings, and combine them into a well put together training that can be published in multiple formats. Uploading the SCORM format to an LMS is easy and works well without a hitch each time.
Using iSpring Suite
1 - The primary user is the director of human resources. HR supports L&D for all facets of this law firm, compliance training, client requirements, and client development. HR partners with business managers to make sure there are training options for their employees that are specific to our industry and legal specialty. iSpring is used from onboarding to benefits, to open enrollment, to departmental training, and leadership development. In addition, our firm has software that our clients interface with. We use iSpring to develop client training that can be house on the software for training and quick refreshers.