Overall Satisfaction with Kompyte
We use Kompyte to monitor changes and updates our competitors make across their social channels, ads, blog pages, and pricing pages. Kompyte provides tools for SEO and limited keyword monitoring (serviceable solutions, not world-class) but where Kompyte really shines is its content and social monitoring solutions. Kompyte aggregates the latest blog and social updates our competitors make - we can set up custom alerts, and keep tabs on how competitors are interacting with customers and prospects.
- Social/Blog Monitoring: We can see how many social/blog posts our competitors are making, how many engagements (likes, shares, etc) they receive, and what their engagement rate is.
- Competitor Page Monitoring: We are able to see before and after pictures of web pages after our competitors them. This feature enables us to quickly and easily see competitor's changes in copy, creative and pricing.
- Benchmarking: Kompyte benchmarks us against our competitors for effectiveness in SEO and paid ads.
- Kompyte has a tool that is supposed to track ads after specific keywords are bid on by competitors; however, competing platforms offer greater visibility and analytics for this function.
- The Notebook function in the tool is meant to be a repository for notes and mentions across the organization; however, it doesn't seem to be automatically updated and it requires a lot of manual processes to function.
- The SEO analysis is reliant on keywords that we provide - the tool would be much more valuable if it pulled in raw organic data outside of what we are specifically targeting or tracking.
- Kompyte has helped save time by automatically streamlining the process of monitoring updates our competitors make across their pages.
- The tool offers broad insights that are valuable to multiple teams across the organization.
- Pricing is based on licenses and the volume/breadth of scans you want the tool to make - you pay for what you need.
The tool is great for organizations that are in a competitive space and they want to be mindful of their competitors' content creation and social media voice. If someone is strictly an SEO or SEM professional there are other alternatives that will serve those professionals better and provide more insightful keyword data.