Updated May 31, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
- Marketo Lead Management
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
We use Marketo for all of our email blasts, nurture programs and as an opportunity to track analytics, user behavior, and overall function of our outreach. It is only used for these purposes within our marketing department, and it addresses the issues of us having to go in and manually send emails. So much of what we do happens automatically and has greatly reduced our work load.
- Nurture Programs. It is really amazing at putting emails in organized funnels (streams) for use, and provides an intuitive step by step instruction of how to do so.
- A/B tests - we love being able to test not only subject lines, but whole emails, and even which dates/times work better than others. This is a very important tool because you can see how effective and ineffective certain pieces of content are.
- Smart lists - I love creating smart lists to segment out certain kinds of people so I can target exactly who I would like. It makes it very simple for me to pull out certain groups and send them specific communications.
- It isn't a very intuitive product. Sometimes the language is confusing and I have a hard time understanding exactly what is meant by certain terminology used.
- There have been numerous times where I will get 'server down' errors, and I will be in the middle of a big edit and lose all of the work I had done for a particular period of time.
- The on boarding process to becoming familiar and oriented to Marketo I felt did not prepare me to really use the tool to its maximum capability. If you had a more clearly defined path of orientation, I think this would help.
The only other product I know of is Eloqua, and I would say that each has their strengths and weaknesses. We decided as a team that for what we needed and what Marketo offered and their great customer support, that going this route would be the best decision for our team.
100,000 to 250,000
I think if you are wanting to do a lot of nurture programs, and your marketing efforts would be most effective on automated patterns, then Marketo is an excellent tool at managing and tracking your nurture programs. If you are mainly doing email blasts, I think you wouldn't be using the Marketo tool to its highest capacity.
Adobe Marketo Engage Feature Ratings
- We are seeing more traffic to our site due to emails pointing people back to our website.
- We are seeing increased efficiency because so much of our time can be spent elsewhere.
- We are seeing many more app downloads than we were before.