September 29, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
- Marketwired Resonate
Overall Satisfaction with Marketwired
We use Marketwired for our press releases to announce each new webinar Xtalks is hosting. This is used by just one department. We receive a small number of people who heard of our events through press releases.
- Easy to use dashboard with pre-selected newslines and industries.
- Quite a comprehensive results dashboard that details the outreach of where your releases go.
- For non-online releases (they just recently changed this), an editor will call you to verify your releases and they are very detailed in reading your article for any grammatical errors and other recommendations.
- They recently changed that all online releases do not need verification. So there isn't a physical extra person screening the submission.
- The topics of our press releases are very industry specific (healthcare and medical) - based on the results dashboard, the newlines and 'corridors' that they are sent out to seems generic and arguably irrelevant.
- Positive: We get a handful of contacts and leads from our press releases, but overall nothing else. Our clients like the to see press releases of our events that reach out to a wider net of the online audience too.
In general, press releases work for timely, sensitive news - I think Marketwired is suited for that as other contacts I know in the industry recommend that they have a wide distribution network. It is less appropriate at times as I see the news is picked up by sites that aren't relevant.