Visualization, Collaboration, and Ease of Use - The Triple Playhttps://www.trustradius.com/diagrammingMindManagerUnspecified9.21951012018-11-27T16:23:42.929Z
November 27, 2018
Visualization, Collaboration, and Ease of Use - The Triple Play
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MindManager
We are using MindManager in our department. We have several use cases for MindManager in our group. 1) Process Flow: We use MindManager to collaborate across our North American team to build, collaborate, and publish new processes designed for our channel organization. 2) Presentations: I use MindManager when collecting my thoughts on a presentation. I can visualize the topics, the flow, and put it all together before going to a presentation tool. 3) Meeting Notes: I use MindManager to capture my notes and organize them following the meeting. It is easy to identify To Dos, next steps, and plans. It is easy to share these with the extended team. Overall, it allows us to share information much more effectively than with paper, Word docs, and other docs that do not allow easy collaboration.
- Process Mapping
- Enterprise Collaboration
- Meeting Management
- Collaboration- MindManager allows our North American team to collaborate on process flows and To Dos across multiple time zones and any hour someone wants to access files.
- Visualization- It is easy to see all relevant information on a single pane of glass. Before MindManager, I was always toggling between applications or flipping through multiple pages of a virtual document to find the information I was looking for. Now, I can see it in one place.
- I would like to see feature parity between Windows and Mac. Macs are prevalent in most organizations and the lack of parity causes issues between users.
- Time Savings- MindManager has allowed us to save time by removing redundancy. We can now share notes in a single map. I estimate that we have saved 25% by sharing information in a single location.
- Quality Improvement- Prior to MindManager, I would open PowerPoint or pull out sticky notes to start building a presentation. Now, I start with MindManager and start brainstorming on objective of the presentation, expectations of the audience, topics to cover, and visuals to add. I know the flow and effectiveness of my presentations has improved because I have seen the feedback.
MindManager is well suited for collaboration, visualization, and ideation. A key component is the ability to see everything on a single screen. I have not found it to be best suited for project management activities. In our case, part of it is the number of employees that do not have access to the tool.