My MIP Fund Accounting Review
November 11, 2020
My MIP Fund Accounting Review
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
As a user of MIP Funding Accounting (formerly Abila MIP), I can speak to the use on the front end of the system. I currently use MIP Funding Accounting integrated with Microix to process support services we provide for participants in our workforce development programs. We remove barriers to employment by purchasing work-related clothing, gear, and other items. The system is used across the whole organization.
- It provides an excellent method of tracking purchases for program data.
- It is fairly easy to learn and train staff to use.
- Customer support in resolving issues has been above average.
- Filter and search options are great tools in finding information.
- When printing the PO, 90% of the time it will print on two pages instead of one. The organization has tried to correct this, but seems like a glitch in the system. This is an increase in processing time and paper.
- We have had issues with the workflow in the system. Still trying to work that out.
- On occasion, I have been locked out of the system and had to contact customer support in order to handle the problem. I'm still not sure why this happens.
- I think the transition to the MIP Fund Accounting and Microix System has assisted the accounting department in tracking fiscal items more efficiently.
- The transition was an improvement for staff, but required a learning curve and adjustment from the old system
- The previous system we used was very out dated, but we were able to see up to date budget balances.
Do you think MIP Fund Accounting delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with MIP Fund Accounting's feature set?
Did MIP Fund Accounting live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of MIP Fund Accounting go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy MIP Fund Accounting again?
Customer service has been fairly responsive when I have had issues. In the past, when I had issues I would our admin in accounting for assistance. Once it was determined it would require assistance outside the organizations we were connected to a support person. I believe in this particular issue it was about two days before we could get it resolved. The system is an essential part of my job so if it not working there is work stoppage.
It was an adjustment switching from our previous system to MIP & Microix. However, once I became familiar with the features I found it to be a vast improvement. As I mentioned before, I primarily use the system to process purchases for the customers and fiscal [processes]. I also use it for tracking. For example, in finalizing one of our programs support service tracker we utilized it to verify the accuracy of information.
The position I am currently in works directly with the public in assessing needs for support services, approving/making purchases, and processing expenditures through the Microix system's integration with MIP Fund Accounting. It has become a valuable tool in gathering specific information to obtain items such as total expenditures for individuals, amounts spent for specific programs and vendors. I often refer to Microix to update my program tracker for expenditures. The only item that I can identify that would be helpful is to be able to see a program balance for specific programs.