New Relic helps with visibility of what is happening to the application within the stack. You can not only get performance trends and the amount of time your application spends on resource consumption, it gives you the very valuable insight into the bottlenecks within your application. From a Test/Dev perspective, it can be very useful in helping fine tune your code and you can very quickly see what happened when you scale up and out to your application. It can provide excellent feedback on the scalability of your application.
- Most applications suffer the performance bottleneck when accessing data from a database, this is especially true when considering RDBMS, the difference between well defined query and a less precise query can be really felt in negative user experience while the application is under load.
- Great monitoring solutions that is easy to implement and accessible through the API
- Application mapper allows you to see how your app is being used and how much time each user is spending on specific areas of the site.
- More language coverage, so the new relic goodness can be added to legacy applications.
- Better customer service
- Noteable gains in performance as compared to competitors
- Influencing future engineering efforts with lessons learnt.
Boundary is a great product but the developer friendliness and the early maturity of the New Relic offering was influential in picking New Relic.
Excellent and consistent delivery of customer satisfaction and product innovation.
Any and every web application should consider using New Relic. Its worth its weight in gold!