Look no further, the best in SSO and MFA!
Updated September 22, 2020
Look no further, the best in SSO and MFA!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with The Okta Identity Cloud
We use Okta for single sign-on to several of our own internal web applications as well as external applications. Everyone in our organization uses it, and it solves the big hassle of having tons of different passwords for different websites and applications. It also allows our users to self-service their passwords and lockouts as Okta integrates directly with our Active Directory infrastructure.
- Okta handles lockouts and password changes very seamlessly. Most end users no longer have to contact our IT department to reset their password or unlock their account.
- Okta does MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) very well with the use of their own app, Okta Verify. We utilize this for VPN connections and having MFA or 2FA has strengthened the security of our internal network.
- Okta's administration GUI is easy to use, and easy to set up. Adding applications to the organization is easy and requires very little work to deploy.
- Users can utilize Okta to store passwords securely and safe on their own account. They also can one click login to personal sites if they use Okta to store their password.
- Okta's support system is very knowledgeable and quick to respond to issues. We've had a few cases that were resolved within hours and that helps immensely when working with end users.
- Okta does charge more if you include user provisioning in your plan. While for very large organizations, this is essential, I found that the value wasn't there for a smaller organization, and it's easier for us to provision users into various web applications and sites.
- The Chrome plugin can be a bit intrusive whenever you log in to a website that is not part of the company organization. While this is not terrible, it could be a little less intrusive for the end-user.
- Setting up on-site MFA is not very well explained, or detailed how it would benefit our organization.
- Since we've deployed Okta, our IT helpdesk team has received 75% fewer tickets for password resets or account lockouts than before.
- Users were able to use Okta for the first time with very little problems. 95% of our users had their accounts set up and working within the first day of deployment. The rollout was very smooth.
- We've received a lot of positive feedback from users on how simple it is to log in to our applications and websites now.
Before we had Okta, we used OneLogin. We had some serious issues with OneLogin, and many users complained that it was hard to use and didn't do what we expected. OneLogin also did not offer MFA at the time we used it. We tried to integrate with Google authentication with OneLogin and were unsuccessful. That was the main reason we switched to Okta.
Okta is great for organizations that need a unified, single sign-on application for various websites and internal applications. Also, if you need 2FA, Okta Workforce does it very well. I couldn't see a scenario where Okta wouldn't be appropriate, as it integrates directly into your current authentication solution, whether that be Active Directory, LDAP or some other form. It also could be the sole provider of authentication if needed.
The Okta Identity Cloud Feature Ratings
We have expanded our use of Okta for authentication for VPN as a 2 factor authentication provider due to the heavy use of remote computing during COVID-19. This increased security for our remote users which happened to be most of the company during COVID-19. The setup of Okta was very easy and it was just a matter of turning on that additional authentication setting on our VPN firewall to work flawlessly with Okta.
Since we implemented Two Factor Authentication utilizing Okta, we've accelerated our path to ZeroTrust security two-fold. Okta made it much easier to implement than other factors.
The Okta Identity Cloud Support
We've had a few support cases over the years and every case has been handled by the Okta support team beautifully. We received clear answers to questions we had regarding setup and even were provided simple to follow guides on how to setup their product to use with custom applications.