April 10, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle PeopleSoft HCM
Oracle's PeopleSoft HCM is a well rounded ERP package that has been on the market for a few decades. It is thoroughly tested and supports all the needs of organizations across the US and the globe. PeopleSoft's ability to leverage functionality with ease of use is remarkable. With all the new features that have been rolling out, it can compete with other products in the market.
- Thoroughly Tested and developed to adhere to industry needs in the US.
- Great technical support staff that can be contacted to help by filing service requests.
- Helpful manuals in the form of PeopleBooks with loads of useful content to gain technical and functional knowledge about PeopleSoft.
- Great way to not only customize a particular solution but also provides a great way to integrate with third-party solutions.
- Some modules need in-depth functional knowledge to work as configured. This can lead to some issues if set up is not configured properly.
- Hard to recruit, train and retain technical and functional staff. Employers are always on the lookout for new people interested in PeopleSoft.
- Customizations made by clients can also cause a hindrance to what Oracle can deliver. This is the major reason why it isn't able to catch up to the level of some of its other competitors.
- As a long time PeopleSoft user, my institution has found great advantages of being involved in the HCM realm such as first-hand information, a complete suite of solutions as well as regular updates to stay up with federal and state regulations.
- Ease of use of development, customization, maintenance and usage perspectives can lead to a better management of financial resources, that minimizes expenditure while providing all necessary resources.
- Opportunities to provide better customer service and meet organizational policies have to lead to a positive outlook on the tool and its features.
Great features that are aesthetically amazing and provide trendy reporting features to gain insights, but lacks a fully developed product. They constantly deliver new features and tools and will be fully rounded in a few years from now, but as of now, they do not have all the features that PeopleSoft provides.
Great for mid-size to large organizations and public sector employers that need tools for payroll, recruitment, talent management, and workforce management along with all the other core HCM services. It is not, however, a one-stop shop for all needs. Some of the reporting tools and solutions seem inadequate or not up to industry-wide levels.