Qubit Review 65 of 116
User Review: "Getting 'personal' with Qubit"
Chi Igboaka profile photo
August 26, 2016

User Review: "Getting 'personal' with Qubit"

Score 9 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Qubit

Qubit is currently being used by the marketing team as a way to create tests to drive conversion rate improvements. This is predominantly within the basket funnel and across top landing pages. We also use the test build platform as a way to implement quick changes to our sites that would otherwise require CMS changes, or dev work. We've used this functionality to help during product launches (promotional banners). We're collecting huge quantities of data, which we will eventually use to help drive our personalisation agenda - through creating a new customer experience (CX) for different types of customers, based on their previous website and transactional behaviour.
  • Strong technical and strategic teams. The guys at Qubit are really smart, and know their platform well. Integration was very smooth, with our IT team working directly with the Qubit team to get the relevant script in place (the more details stuff - the basic tags were done in 30 seconds). By far the most painless integration I've had to do with a 3rd party.
  • Good WYSIWYG editor. The test build is really straight forward and easy to use, which means that my team can create basic tests in minutes and get them live on the site. Helps support an agile marketing environment.
  • Responsiveness of the team. I don't think I've ever waited longer than a couple of hours before receiving a response from Qubit. The team are always on point, with regular meetings with my team. They are always on top of deliverables, and work above and beyond to deliver in a timely manner
  • I feel that we could be making better use of the Decipher platform (this is where you can ask for custom reports to be created by the Qubit team on key areas you want constant data on). We cannot create any of these ourselves, which means we are dependent on the Qubit team - and often, you don't really know how you want data to be visualised until you play around with it. This creates a lengthy process. These reports are also not automatically updated, and so depend on the Qubit team updating daily/weekly. I know that lots is being done in this space, and so am interested to see what happens to this module - and how Qubit extract greater value from it (as I do think there is a lot of value still to be pulled).
  • My team use the Qubit platform more than I do, however when I was using it (and I believe this module may have since been replaced), I didn't feel that the 'Discover' module was a huge amount of use vs. what I could pull from GA. The timelines were pre-defined (last 90 days rolling), and I didn't find the UI as user friendly as other analytics platforms. It wasn't a fundamental issue as I wasn't really using Qubit as a web analytics tool at the time. As I said, I think that Qubit have addressed this and have replaced it with an even better tool.
We've initially focused our Qubit testing on finding quick optimisations and improvements through the basket and on top landing pages. To that end, we've identified some quick wins where we have improved signposting, and changed the UI to surface information and tools that are most relevant to the customer landing on that page.
Separately, we've looked at our mobile pages, and, based on what we know (or don't know) about customer intent when they visit our mobile pages, we've designed content upfront that helps navigate the customer to the appropriate page, with limited need for scrolling through loads of content.
This has all been done via the Experience Manager, avoiding any CMS changes, and enabling us to monitor and review impact.
  • This is the first time we have had an end to end view of website visitors, at customer level. Further, we are able to look at how changes we've made via Qubit have impacted user behaviour. It has allowed us as a business to be more data-led when we think about making changes to our site, and has encouraged a 'test and learn' mentality. Changes which we would previously have simply made to the site are now put through Qubit, so we can test impact before we go fully live.
  • This end-to-end data has not yet been fully utilised due to other dependencies within the business, but the fact that we have it means that we've already got a whole load of historic data that we can link to individuals when it comes to looking at how we can truly personalise the website experience.
We haven't leveraged this data and insight anywhere near as much as we should and want to. The core value from Qubit is exactly this: using this individual-level data to create an experience for that single customer that best suits their needs. This is a project that my team are starting to work on, now that we've got a steady process around the CRO testing agenda. We'll also be looking at how we can link this data to other data sources (1st and 3rd party) to enrich it and make it work even harder for us.
Qubit is a great tool if you want a quick-to-implement solution to capture customer website behaviour and store it all in a single place. It has the beginnings of a DMP, and I believe has the ability to absorb additional third party data to enrich [what is] already captured. It's also a great A/B testing tool - providing an easy to understand view of test progress - visually and quantitatively.
If you're looking for a pure web analytics tool, then Qubit is not necessarily the tool for you - it's not Google Analytics or Omniture (but doesn't claim to be). You will be able to manipulate your data in much better and flexible ways in those tools (although bear in mind it's aggregated, whereas Qubit holds data - and gives you access to it - for individuals).