Overall Satisfaction with RingCentral
We made the switch from PSTN to RingCentral three years ago and I've never looked back. Since this is a cloud-based communications solution, I can complete all the configuration for my system, users, and individual devices on-line. No more having to place work orders with CenturyLink to have a line installed, a feature added, etc., and then waiting days for it to be completed. I can make changes instantly! We are using RingCentral across our entire organization, from office phones to conference rooms. We now pay one cost and get an auto-receptionist included, where we had to pay separately for this service before. The lines are portable, too, since users can install the RingCentral app on their smartphones and answer their calls from anywhere while publishing a single number.
- The range of configuration and options included with our small business plan seems infinite. I have yet to encounter a usage scenario for which RingCentral has not already developed a solution, from call queues to sequential forwarding to auto-receptionist to virtual meetings, RingCentral has it covered.
- All the configuration is completed on their website, meaning everything you might want to accomplish can be handled in a few clicks.
- Documentation is robust. This is a premium service that is extremely well executed.
- We have never had an issue making calls that can be attributed to RingCentral. The system is rock solid.
- They have apps that allow you to enjoy their services across all devices, including Windows, Android, and iOS. This includes making calls, checking voicemail, sending and receiving text messages on your RingCentral number, and conducting meetings.
- The integration with Outlook and Office 365 is superb! You can schedule RingCentral meetings without leaving Outlook, including instant meetings.
- Prices have increased steadily over the life of the service. They've also started charging for services that were originally no cost, such as options that forward to non-RingCentral lines in our auto-receptionist options.
- I haven't found a way to disable services we don't use, such as Glip, so users don't see them.
- We now have all the features we want with the flexibility to change configurations instantly, without having to go through a reseller or submit work orders.
- The reliability of the system cannot be overemphasized. This is the single most critical aspect of a telephony system, as all the features in the world are useless if the system is off-line. RingCentral has been problem-free in that respect.
- Our users have immense communication flexibility now that was simply impossible with a PSTN. This has dramatically improved our customer service.
In user reviews, stellar reliability was consistently repeated, and that was not the case with any of the other solutions I evaluated at the time. RingCentral had all the features we desired, too, and was competitively priced. The fact that Gartner recognized it as a leader in its magic quadrant for unified communications as a service sent it over the top.
When we purchased the service, I had a support agent that walked me through setting up the system, including configuring our auto-assistant. He was patient and answered all my questions. I have never had a need for further support.
Do you think RingCentral MVP delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with RingCentral MVP's feature set?
Did RingCentral MVP live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of RingCentral MVP go as expected?
Would you buy RingCentral MVP again?
This is the cream of the crop when it comes to cloud-based communications. I bought the service after doing considerable research, as telephony is enterprise-critical. It's also the top-rated solution by Gartner, which really speaks for itself. It can easily satisfy a small office, with the automation features making a small business appear quite sophisticated. Or it can scale to hundreds of users, as it provides for SSO with Microsoft AD and has a number of other connectivity options catering to large businesses.