Overall Satisfaction with RStudio
As an analytics organization embedded within the marketing team, we support roughly 90-100 marketing professionals. While we have an extensive BI and analytics stack, RStudio Connect really helps us with serving insights to these stakeholders at the right moment. We utilize parameterized reporting to cut down time it takes to report, schedule processes that previously relied on cumbersome crontab processes, and host bespoke, highly customized dashboards that allow non-technical users to interact with data better than they would in a BI environment.
- The CSMs are fantastic - they solve our problems with the platform rather than being salespeople in disguise.
- Ease of use - The entire environment is very easy to understand and use, both for developers and non-technical end users.
- Scheduling - We replaced our entire crontab based scheduling system, saving us time through efficiency.
- Git-backed deployment - if you're working with version control already, RStudio Connect works flawlessly with it.
- Python support is still new, though we haven't run into large issues.
- To get Python support, we had to sign up for the mid-pricing tier that comes with 100 users, while we really only needed 10-15 developer seats, so I think some more flexibility in the pricing model would be nice. That said, overall the product seems very(!) reasonably priced.
- Gaining of efficiencies through scheduling directly in IDE.
- Enabled us to democratize data across the team.
- Collaboration increase due to multi-language environment.
RStudio Connect will be an incredible tool in your toolset if you require an environment that supports multiple languages (R, Python) while being able to schedule completely custom reporting and/or models. Putting a model into production is incredibly simple, and the time savings derived can be reinvested into other, more useful projects.