Overall Satisfaction with Skillsoft
We have offered SkillSoft to 100 users in our Technical Operations (manufacturing) function. Each user has access to 100 licenses. It mostly helped associates to read articles, listen to podcasts, and watch videos, and take quizes to improve their soft skills (communication, interpersonal skills). We also have selected project managers to participate the Project Management Knowledge Center with a goal of passing PMP certificate requirements. There is also a behavioral interview library we have offered to hiring managers to enhance their interview skills.
- Skillsoft regularly updates its knowledge center with up to date courses and retires outdated materials.
- Skillsoft has a dedicated representative to help resolve technical issues and create a client community to help clients with customized needs.
- As it has 24x7 access our users can use the tool any time they have free time and learn as much as they can and save the progress.
- I would love to see SkillSoft have live sessions. For example, user and instructor can have discussions through Skype or other online tools.
- Some of the courses may take too long to complete. Suggest to split the course to several one or simplify the content.
- The ROI is very hard to quantify for a soft skill learning program directly. However, our employee's feedback is very positive with the courseware.
- SkillPad,Rosetta Stone
SkillSoft has its cost advantage. The support representative is very attentive and helpful.
I would recommend to renew as this is part of our employee development goals and we make a strong commitment to develop employees' people skills. I think SkillSoft has a very innovative approach to develop people's interpersonal skills other than traditional classroom learning.
Key questions are:
- What are your organization learning needs?
- Do your employees prefer online learning?
- Do you have ability to constantly check in and remind employees to participate the program?
Technical Operaitons, Quality
1 - basic computer skills and online navigation. we currently do not have a full time person to support Skillsoft.
- Project managers to use Project Management Knowledge Center to help get certified.
- Hiring manangers learn behavioral interview skills
- technical people take soft skill lessons.
- We started a project manager meetings to discuss their learnings.
- To work with SkillSoft to build cusomzied courses.