February 12, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor
It's used by our technology department, and is used for network/server monitoring and reporting.
- The SAM application is very robust and allows us to monitor everything from switches right down to individual ports.
- The SAM web interface is very customizable and easy to use.
- The SAM alerting features are highly customizable and have worked very well for us.
- More web-based reports with graphs and charts would be nice.
- More support for Aruba and other brand switches for bandwidth monitoring and greater network details. Currently, Cisco is the brand that SAM supports most.
- SAM has helped us to be proactive in issue mitigation and environmental forecasts for our systems. We can better analyze specific systems and determine when upgrades might be needed.
- SAM has definitely given us more ability in troubleshooting issues that arise within our network.
We actually did a side-by-side test and compare with another similar product called What's Up Gold. Solarwinds was more robust and was able to monitor and analyze everything we we needed it to.