Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe)
Scribe is used as a middleware solution. It is used across the whole organization. It does data migration from files and databases to Dynamics 365. Dynamics 365 also communicates with Scribe Online to perform event driven tasks based on Dynamics 365. Scribe Insight translates data from files to Dynamics 365 based a model of "folder watching".
- Simplies the process of reading data
- Increases productivity by passing the buck to purchased software versus in-house development
- Secures systems by setting up particular users to manage the system
- There are too many "Scribes". We have Scribe Insight and Scribe Online. Both require considerable ramp up time.
- With Scribe Online, we can only choose notifications based and organization names. We would like to also tailor notifications based on subject of email which in 2019 is unavailable.
- "View All" and "items per page" model always resets.
- 24 7 processing of data
- A highly alert system
- The alerts made the team edgy and there were many errors, especially from Scribe Insight that were unexplainable (IP=17)
We have not used many middleware solutions. This was decided by another team other than the development team. Using out of the box software works well when the users understand what they are buying. Someone else chose this solution and our team basically had to conform to the changes whether we liked it or not. A lot of us would have just written batch jobs and background tasks to do this because this is what we normally do.
- Online training
- In-person training
The nature of this initial training given by Mircrosoft partner eLogic was long and drawn out. As a team we were passed by to do the initial design and implementation, therefore leading to a lot missed opportunities with hands-on development that we were very capable of. This may have been due to time constraints, planning and bandwidth.
Scribe sends many notifications. It's nice to have such an alert system. But alerts that are not as customizable as needed can be annoying. Also, Scribe updates on their own schedule regardless of how much it may impact a business. We are constantly also receiving notifications about failed connections ("Failed to open one or more connections"). This could be a Scribe or D365 issue. We can never tell. We would like to focus more on the issues we can fix.