UltiPro changed my payroll life!
Overall Satisfaction with UKG Pro
- Payroll processing - We have four pay groups and we can pick and choose which pay groups we'll run payroll for and which ones we're not quite ready to run yet. There is a great deal of configurability and flexibility when running the payroll. Since our launch of UltiPro, we've reduced the time it takes to run payroll from roughly 3 and a half days, to 8 hours.
- The business intelligence reporting is amazing. It took approximately 2 weeks for us to learn, but after learning where the fields are located, the tool is great!
- The configurability of the application was one of the aspects that I liked best when going through the review process. When the salesperson tells you that the system is highly configurable, that is exactly what it means. Practically everything that I have looked at, I have been able to configure the page, fields or business rules to fit what I wanted to do.
- The talent management area is very easy to use and intuitive.
- Perception survey tool is incredibly insightful and has allowed us to better measure our employee's engagement.
- One area that I would consider UltiPro to be lacking is with the original benefits administration module. The process has improved significantly in the last several years, but it can be difficult to manage contingencies and other factors that could impact an employee's benefit elections.
- The tax, wage attachments and garnishments area is working its way back to being a strength, but they've had some significant challenges over the last several years.
- Using the Employee Voice module, we've reported an increase in engagement across several benchmarks of more than 25% over the last 4 years.
- Our payroll processing time has reduced from approximately 36 hours on average, to just over 8 hours total.
- Work schedules are now being tracked within the workforce management application rather than on a spreadsheet that would be printed and posted. Employee's have consistent access to their schedules on their mobile device.
- Costs savings
- Time savings
Do you think UKG Pro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UKG Pro's feature set?
Did UKG Pro live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of UKG Pro go as expected?
Would you buy UKG Pro again?
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
Upgrading UKG Pro
- With the most recent release, we are not able to move all of our job descriptions to be included within the Jobs business rule. The job description can be made viewable to whomever needs to see it and can be updated as necessary.
- Additional qualifiers were added for us to be able to pick and choose how we wanted to distribute our document acknowledgments.
- We are now able to disable the ratings for our competencies. We are moving some of our performance reviews to have no ratings and it is just for informational and feedback purposes. The release now allows us to move forward with that initiative.
UKG Pro Training
And if that is not enough, then you join the User Communities where you can get feedback from other UltiPro users to find out how THEY handled a particular situation. There are many different ways to leverage the learning opportunities.
The online training experience while we were going through implementation was decent. The environment at that time was a virtual environment and was somewhat difficult to set up on our secure network. However, once the details of the environment were taken care of, the training itself was good. There was a lot of information covered during those training sessions, and we were not yet in our actual environment yet, so it was challenging to visualize the information that was being discussed.
Today, they have done away with the virtual environment for the training and they are doing everything via WebEx and in a sandbox environment with a user name and password provided to you during the training session. It is much easier to attend these sessions. There are also self paced training sessions that are very helpful for those that don't have the time during the day to attend a 2-3 hour training session.
Using UKG Pro
Our HR department has a staff of 7, including myself, 1 payroll specialist, 3 generalists and 2 recruiters. Most often, we are accessing the payroll and time management functions, but we are also regularly accessing the benefits administration module, performance management, business intelligence and the employee information for regular employee file maintenance.
Since we have been using UltiPro, as a department we have become more efficient with our processes and have had the opportunity to reinvent some processes with the new system.
- Performance Management
- Time Management
- Career Development
- Benefit Administration
- Measure employee engagement
- Creating alerts and other emails that are auto generated based on events that happen in UltiPro rather than manually sending reminders/alerts
- Tying our jobs and competency models to our core values
- High level metrics dashboards.
- Career development and leadership development.
- Onboarding new employees.
Evaluating UKG Pro and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
UKG Pro Implementation
- We had internal turnover within the HR department which significantly impacted our already small staff. However, when I talked to my system consultant about the issues I was facing, they were very supportive and offered as much assistance and support as they could do.
- We also experienced issues with the multi-jurisdiction tax reporting moving from ADP to UltiPro. This was a known issue at the time with ADP and so there was some manual work that had to be done in order for Ultimate to import the correct tax amounts for employees.
Configuring UKG Pro
UKG Pro Support
The only negative that I would add is that several cases will get added to the list of open cases, by Ultimate support staff, and not much detail is provided when those cases get submitted, so I am not always clear on what is supposed to be done. Especially with the Payment Services area, it would be nice to have them give a little more detail when submitting a case that needs to be addressed.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Using UKG Pro
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Employee maintenance, like pay changes and job changes.
- Benefits administration
- Preparing time files for payroll
- Time management and reviewing time cards
- Performance evaluations can be challenging to distribute when you have multiple reviews to distribute each month for several individuals in different departments or locations.
UKG Pro Reliability
Our integrations do not have any impact on the performance of either UltiPro or the other systems that are integrated.
Integrating UKG Pro
- BVS (learning management system)
- Active directory
- FIS (Core banking system)