VWO Review: "Lots of potential, but the confusing UI, data anomalies, and confusing support interactions made us switch to another tool"https://www.trustradius.com/ab-testingVWOUnspecified81291012018-09-17T15:01:21.715Z
September 17, 2018
VWO Review: "Lots of potential, but the confusing UI, data anomalies, and confusing support interactions made us switch to another tool"
Score 1 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with VWO
We decided to use VWO as our primary conversion optimization platform for website content. The main person using it was our Conversion Optimization Manager, who is responsible for the quality and quantity of lead conversions from our website, in addition to lower funnel conversions.
- Fairly inexpensive for the suite of conversion optimization tools
- UI is confusing and there is not enough help tips (or they are poorly written) to denote what each setting or metric actually does/is.
- Support is provided by obviously non-native English speakers and we had a hard time getting each support rep to understand what we were asking, which was typically a question about what something within the platform (setting/metric) actually means.
- Statistics engine underlying result data is not explained well and often doesn't line up with other conversion tracking applications (by a large margin).
- Form analysis feature, which is something that we really wanted, doesn't work natively with Marketo forms without significant custom development.
- VWO uses sampling on the overall goal tracking, despite us explicitly negotiating a visitor/session quota price point so that we could track everything on our website. This was one of the most frustrating parts of using VWO--we couldn't trust the accuracy of the data for our overall goal tracking due to this sampling issue because it was wildly different from our actual conversions as tracked in our application.
- We made some decisions on pricing and design/copy changes but after diving deeper into the data anomalies we were seeing, we have doubts about our decisions being the correct ones. We stopped using VWO months ago, though.
This feature did not work for us, due to its inability to integrate directly with Marketo forms.
We chose VWO after deciding that Optimizely is absurdly expensive. We stopped using VWO months ago due to a number of problems and switched to Convert, which has been fantastic. We highly recommend Convert to other companies now and wished we had found it prior to going with VWO.
If you have the time and energy to work through a confusing and poorly documented application UI and you're willing to deal with sub-par support (although they were timely in their responses) from reps that might not often understand what you're asking about, then this is a good tool.