Convert Experiences Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Scot Chandler profile photo
I am using Convert across multiple domains for an e-commerce retailer. The platform is an indispensable tool for me to quickly put alternative pages, offers and experiences into market with minimal to no dev assistance. Additionally, the Experience Report interface is very easy to read and share with others in the organization.
  • Easy test setup with lots of preconfigured options and simple enough to construct your own.
  • Awesome Support team! Can't say enough about their responsiveness and willingness to dig in and review my test set up if I encounter any issues (rarely though).
  • Love the test snapshots. I've used other products in the past that didn't provide this simple feature.
  • Occasionally I need one of our developers to assist with test setup and their feedback has been very positive.
  • Really, no major issues from our usage. This platform works very well for the level of consumer/company that it is geared for. I have used more features on Adobe Target when I used that extensively in the past but then again I paid 15 times more on an annual basis.
Definitely well suited for budget conscious companies that want a solid array of functionality but without having to pay an exorbitant amount. Great for marketing and analytics team members that need the ability to get in and set up tests w/o dev assistance. But, functionality is there for developers to get in and set up more complicated tests.
Read Scot Chandler's full review
Abby Reddy, CLU profile photo
We are currently using Convert Experiences for conversation tracking on our consumer-facing website. It is being used within our marketing and technology departments to help identify potential issues within our website's funnel.
  • Javascript-based tests are very easy to set up and execute. Some of our simpler tests are functional in 30mins or less.
  • Customizable goals pinpoint exactly the data points we are testing. Our tests will range from just a couple of goals to several.
  • Built-in audiences make it easy for us to capture mobile vs desktop users, or even to only test during weekdays or business hours.
  • Convert Experiences has a higher price point, but the value easily outweighs the cost.
Convert Experiences is great for websites and online applications that are trying to identify pain-points for users. Convert is also great for testing incremental changes and potential unforeseen effects on a user's experience.
Read Abby Reddy, CLU's full review
Lee Preston profile photo
We are a CRO agency and use Convert Experiences as an A/B testing tool for our clients. It allows us to run our A/B testing programmes for various clients.
  • There is barely any flicker, compared to other tools we've used in the past (dealbreaker!).
  • You get more features/functionality than other tools (e.g. javascript triggering of experiments).
  • No invalid experiments caused by flickering.
  • Good support guiding us on the best way to solve a certain problem, Claudiu and George on the support team are quick and very thorough, they won't fob you off. Convert is also rather ethical.
  • Also, we're on Convert's partnership scheme.
  • Our developers prefer it for coding to the likes of VWO.
  • Dennis van der Heijden is also very active in the CRO community
  • You can't segment much within the reporting, but we use other tools to do this.
  • Experiments sometimes 'call' themselves which is a feature I'd like to have turned off by default for all experiments.
It's well suited for pure A/B testing, and it performs well for that. The lack of flickering really caught my attention when CXL released an article testing speed & performance.

If you want an all-in-one conversion tool that incorporates session replays, heatmaps, etc. along with A/B testing, then you might consider a tool like VWO, but Convert Experiences does pure A/B testing well.
Read Lee Preston's full review
Matt Beischel profile photo
I am the founder of Corvus CRO, an end-to-end conversion optimization consulting agency specializing in providing consistent, maintainable revenue growth to eCommerce companies. Corvus is a registered agency partner with Convert Experiences. Convert is our go-to split testing platform for clients on a tight budget, or who are new to conversion optimization. Convert is used by multiple departments, both agency-side and client-side, ex. client services, engineering, marketing, UX/UI, etc. Pretty much anyone that has a hand in maintaining a client website. We use Convert for building and executing split tests, A/B tests, multivariate tests, etc. on client websites, as well as regular result analysis and reporting. It helps us take the guesswork out of website change management and ensure that only beneficial changes are implemented.
  • Customer service
  • Price point
  • Focused design, no feature bloat
  • Ease of use
  • Technical limitations for power users/developers
  • UI could be streamlined even more
Convert is an excellent split testing tool for companies that are in the low and middle range of the experimentation maturity model. They have specifically differentiated themselves from other split testing tools by having a lower price point that is much more friendly to those venturing into conversion optimization for the first time. Convert is well suited for individuals and small teams but lacks built-in features (project management, result segmentation, robust user administration) that would be useful to large-scale, enterprise-level teams. I personally think that this is a point in Convert's favor though. Many other split testing tools are moving upmarket to focus on enterprise level service, pricing themselves out of the small and mid-market space. The mid-market space is Convert's niche and they serve it well.
Read Matt Beischel's full review
Phil Weaver profile photo
We use Convert Experiences for marketing optimization. We test each part of the funnel and continuously test each point in the funnel from lead gen to sale. With Convert Experiences, every decision we make is based on data, not opinion. By optimizing at each touch point the improvements have multiplier effect. It is easy and fast to use so it gets done.
  • Convert Experiences is fast and easy to use. This ease of use makes it more likely that the optimization process gets done regularly.
  • The interface is intuitive.
  • Customer service is phenomenally fast and helpful. Best of all, they care. They want to see their customers succeed.
  • I'm sure there are ways they could improve but I don't see them. I'm quite happy with the product as is.
While I'm certain Convert Experiences is extremely well suited for any business size, I can only speak for small business where we wear a lot of hats. Setting up optimization needs to be fast, intuitive, and accurate for the small business owner or else it simply gets put off for later. Putting it off for later is an extremely bad decision as this is a very high-value activity for all businesses. Everyone should be conversion testing.
Read Phil Weaver's full review
Dan Procter profile photo
We are a CRO agency and we use Convert on a daily basis to manage our clients AB testing with a CRO program. We use Convert and AB testing to validate our hypotheses to improve website experiences and ultimately profit.
  • Fast Response - I have used other platforms that were really slow so this is important to us.
  • Good Reporting - As an account manager reporting is important to me to show clients value - this platform is very easy to use in that respect.
  • Support is good - If ever we have an issue the Convert support team has been very helpful and responsive.
  • A Trello-like workspace to show tests status in the workflow would be great.
  • Perhaps a test archive so you can search old test data.
Convert Experiences is good for agencies and clients alike.
Read Dan Procter's full review
Ken Hanson profile photo
Convert is the tool of choice for injected experiment treatments.

In layman's terms, when we want to do an experiment very quickly but need to target accurately, we turn to convert.

While Convert's WYSIWYG editor is really great, we actually almost exclusively use it in the custom JS / CSS modes. It's incredibly powerful with regard to being for engineers and your non-technical marketers.

We use it for:
  • Feature Validation
  • Testing the riskiest assumption from Product teams
  • Lifting specific Pirate (AARRR) growth metrics
  • Personalization
  • Over the top powerful Javascript enabled targeting. This feature is called DMP Profiling and is available in the Pro Plan, currently only +$100 more than the plus plan. An article explaining this feature is here for further reading: https://convert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206631623-Target-experiment-based-on-a-custom-Javascript-condition-that-evaluates-true-at-a-later-stage. I wrote up a much longer explanation but TR broke it up weirdly. The gist is that you can powerfully use JS to target. This allows me to target users in our SPA in incredibly advanced ways. I can walk their entire history model and assign them an audience value, or I can exclude them. It's MUCH more powerful than just a "Site Area" tool. We recently used it against 900K users to check if they had written a review of their apartment or not yet. This allowed me to only expose the user on the homepage to an experiment that prompted them to write a review while excluding users that couldn't write a review from the experiment (because they had already written one). The experiment converted 50% better than what we do now, generating 9k reviews in a matter of hours.
  • Audience targeting IN ADDITION to all that fancy DMP targeting. This means I can define demographics or other data as a qualifier AS WELL as the previously mentioned qualifier. This can be setup in so many ways: Traffic source, Visitor Data, Include / Exclude users part of a current experiment (!!), Date/Time, Device/Browser/OS, JS Conditon
  • Real-time reporting that makes sense to the whole company to view. Seriously, I can share a Convert Report to any level of intelligence on my team and they understand what's happening.
  • Audiences and Goals are saved as presets, so your entire team can use them. Using the example above, we have an audience called "Wrote a Review" that we exclude from the Review Prompt treatments.
  • Their customer support is seriously fast at answering questions. I've never had to wait more than a day.
  • You will immediately experience frustration (at least as a developer using JS Conditions) with the CDN times. Experiments often don't appear to you after saving new JS for up to 5 minutes. This can be crazy painful if you're going from Local Development > Staging > Production.
  • There are some minor UI quirks inside the experiment editor if you're using the more advanced features like we do.
  • It's almost mandatory that you're onboarded by a human. There's so much to this tool it'd be pretty hard for you to just dive in like some other apps. If you're like me that can be a bit frustrating. Some people need that though and enjoy the human touch, so I hate even giving this as a negative.
Well suited for:
  • Non-technical Marketing Teams
  • Fast moving Growth Teams
  • Really technical experimenters and optimizers that are frustrated with the lack of technical targeting most tools provide (this was me)
  • Teams wanting to run lightweight to medium weight technical experiments but don't want to impact the development cycle or wait for the development cycle to add their experiments.

My entire job function is speed and throughput of growth experimentation, so I can't honestly testify to what it isn't suitable for.
Read Ken Hanson's full review
Lukas B. Snelling profile photo
We're using Convert to optimize conversion rates for eCommerce websites. It's part of our ongoing testing to grow revenue for our clients.
  • Fast! Way faster than the competition to move around the tool and get things done.
  • Easy to use - UI is easy to understand and set up tests.
  • WYSIWYG editor can produce previews that don't match testing reality.
  • Not the simplest integration for eCommerce clients.
  • Occasionally confusing when making changes in editor.
Convert is great for any place where you want to test different variants to see which have the highest impact. We're seeing direct impact on revenue from using Convert to conduct our tests. We recommend Convert to our clients, as it is our preferred tool for conversion rate optimization.
Read Lukas B. Snelling's full review
Auke Vos profile photo
We are running several tests a month for clients, and improving their revenue by optimizing their customer experience on all pages and funnels.
  • The great service and the many data points you get with each plan. This is especially useful for high-volume e-commerce shops who want to do a lot of continues testing.
  • Good and extensive Magento plugin.
  • The only thing I'm really missing is segmentation during or after testing of the results by device, new users etc., within the results page. Targeting of users based on segments is obviously possible.
  • There are a few inconsistencies in their user interface that I would have liked to see differently. This could be personal taste though.
Convert Experiences is exceptionally well suited for high volume, e-commerce testing and personalization.
Read Auke Vos's full review
David Fein profile photo
I use Convert to run A/B testing of the front-end of our web / mobile web platform. I am the main user of the tool, however I consult with the greater product team on testing ideas and give feedback from my findings. It helps us maximize our conversion goals throughout the site to improve the likelihood that users react to elements on the page.
  • They have a great customer service team that has followed up with several tickets I submitted where I had difficulty setting up an experiment.
  • Their demos are very informative and you can easily get going once you're set up.
  • It doesn't take very long to set up your own experiment - rarely have I needed help and usually can ask an in-house developer if I'm dealing with an A/B test that requires JavaScript changes versus just HTML.
  • It'd be nice if it was a little easier to alter the code of the page directly in a variation versus just adding on new code to change how it looks.
  • It'd be interesting if they included an app A/B test tool into their core platform.
  • It'd be nice to preview your test in several browsers.
It's great for doing simple Front-End tests where you want to alter color, language, layout. It's a little less appropriate for a test where there are variations in the Back-End.
Read David Fein's full review
Francis Teo profile photo
We use Convert Experiences to help eCommerce clients get more conversions and revenue on their eCommerce stores. We are an eCommerce optimization agency so nearly all members of my team use this software to help clients. Convert Experiences helps us easily create A/B tests for clients to validate any hypothesis we might have that may improve the ROI and performance of their stores.
  • Support is top-notch. It is easy to get hold of the founder/SEO Dennis and if you run into any significant trouble, it's easy to get hold of the senior developers.
  • Advanced editing. Unlike a lot of their competitors, Convert allows you to edit the variation code directly. This means that you can basically test any website (including AJAX and highly dynamic sites). This is not the case with some other competitors.
  • Easy breakdown and visualization of daily conversion patterns. Surprisingly, this is not available with a lot of A/B testing platforms. We want to see the conversion rate daily so that we can see if there are any validity threats in the test. Most platforms only provide an aggregate of data up to that day.
  • "Blink" handling. Convert takes great pains to reduce or eliminate the "blink" that comes with any javascript rewrite based A/B testing software. AFAIK they are the only ones who do this. Any blinking might cause instrumentation bias in the tests that we certainly don't want.
  • The user levels and access permissions is working fine, but I would like to be able to give users both global permissions across all projects, as well as lower/higher permissions on certain projects.
  • Support for other forms of statistical analysis like using the t-test and analyzing A/B tests on a day-wise basis instead of aggregate.
  • The ability to create "super goals" that are combinations of 2 goals (e.g. clicks on button A and clicks button B).
It is specifically suited for advanced A/B testing, and anytime you need to do testing on dynamic and AJAX sites. I can't think of any scenario where I would recommend a competitor over this product. We've used several over the years and we've found that Convert Experiences is far superior. Perhaps if you are new to A/B testing (it can get quite expensive), or if you have fundamental usability problems on your site so you're not ready for A/B testing. But if you are ready for A/B testing and you have it well-budgeted out, Convert Experiences is, in my opinion, the far superior solution.
Read Francis Teo's full review
Kaitlyn Greene profile photo
We use Convert Experiments to A/B test various elements of our websites, from our content and images to design elements. Convert Experiments is used for all of our websites, and it has greatly improved our conversion rates. It allows us to test multiple variations at once while giving us real-time data so that we can see what's working and what's not.
  • The ability to target a specific audience is a huge plus. Some of our tests need to be targeted towards very specific users, and Convert Experiments has many options for that.
  • Convert Experiments is, without a doubt, the most affordable A/B testing tool of its kind.
  • The customer service is top-notch. Dennis and his team are very responsive and have a great sense of urgency. They also give great insight about testing ideas.
  • The only con is the inability to have page views as a goal, but that is something they are working on.
Convert Experiments is most useful to us when A/B testing something simple, such as an image on one page. This is the bulk of the tests we run, so it is extremely helpful to have a visual editor for this.
Read Kaitlyn Greene's full review
Joshua Uebergang profile photo
I use Convert Experiments for Shopify clients who come to me wanting scientific conversion rate optimization. It is the most affordable split-testing tool to optimize for revenue that works well.
  • I tested Convert Experiments after being frustrated with two other big split-testing tools that failed to accurately track revenue in Shopify because of third-party cookie problems. This is an unavoidable problem for non-Plus Shopify stores who require the checkout.shopify.com domain to process payments. Convert Experiments accurately tracks revenue data and integrates nicely with Google Analytics for follow up segmentation and analysis. Yes!
  • Gives you full control over the split-testing environment. From audience selection, page targeting, and testing any element (that I've found so far) of a page or website.
  • Dennis and his team provide quick and clear customer support for any questions you have to get your first test live.
  • It is probably the most affordable split-testing tool on the market (that has the functionality you need).
  • Currently cannot create a new variation when a test has been published. Required to clone an experiment then re-set up your experiment tracking variables.
Highly recommend Convert Experiments for those wanting to optimize for revenue when a third-party domain processes your payments. Revenue is by far, the primary metric to optimize for in ecommerce.
Read Joshua Uebergang's full review

a/b experiment testing (6)
Split URL testing (6)
Multivariate testing (6)
Multi-page/funnel testing (5)
Cross-browser testing (3)
Mobile app testing (2)
Test significance (6)
Visual / WYSIWYG editor (5)
Advanced code editor (5)
Preview mode (4)
Test duration calculator (4)
Experiment scheduler (3)
Experiment workflow and approval (1)
Dynamic experiment activation (1)
Client-side tests (3)
Server-side tests (2)
Mutually exclusive tests (1)
Standard visitor segmentation (5)
Behavioral visitor segmentation (4)
Traffic allocation control (5)
Website personalization (5)
Click analytics (1)
Conversion tracking (5)
Goal tracking (5)
Test reporting (5)
Results segmentation (3)
CSV export (3)
9.2
Experiments results dashboard (6)

About Convert Experiences

Convert Experiences is an enterprise A/B testing and personalization solution for conversion optimization and data-driven decisions in high-traffic websites. This solution offers A/B, split, and multivariate testing. It enables users to make dynamic changes to their websites, test the variations on live mobile, tablet and desktop traffic to make the right choices.

Convert Experiences allows you to set up an unlimited number of active sub-domains, projects, tests users, projects, clients, goals and variations (with unlimited collaborators) across all the plans. This software allows users to import their Google Analytics goals and also have a zero extra code install the revenue tracking.

Personalization based on target segments such as traffic origin, campaign origin, geo-demographic (location and language), device, and browser type is available.