https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ln/Dn/PALREBEL2RS0.PNGFor the Power Users & Layman Optimizers AlikeConvert is the tool of choice for injected experiment treatments. In layman's terms, when we want to do an experiment very quickly but need to target accurately, we turn to convert. While Convert's WYSIWYG editor is really great, we actually almost exclusively use it in the custom JS / CSS modes. It's incredibly powerful with regard to being for engineers and your non-technical marketers. We use it for: Feature Validation Testing the riskiest assumption from Product teamsLifting specific Pirate (AARRR) growth metricsPersonalization,Over the top powerful Javascript enabled targeting. This feature is called DMP Profiling and is available in the Pro Plan, currently only +$100 more than the plus plan. An article explaining this feature is here for further reading: https://convert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206631623-Target-experiment-based-on-a-custom-Javascript-condition-that-evaluates-true-at-a-later-stage. I wrote up a much longer explanation but TR broke it up weirdly. The gist is that you can powerfully use JS to target. This allows me to target users in our SPA in incredibly advanced ways. I can walk their entire history model and assign them an audience value, or I can exclude them. It's MUCH more powerful than just a "Site Area" tool. We recently used it against 900K users to check if they had written a review of their apartment or not yet. This allowed me to only expose the user on the homepage to an experiment that prompted them to write a review while excluding users that couldn't write a review from the experiment (because they had already written one). The experiment converted 50% better than what we do now, generating 9k reviews in a matter of hours. Audience targeting IN ADDITION to all that fancy DMP targeting. This means I can define demographics or other data as a qualifier AS WELL as the previously mentioned qualifier. This can be setup in so many ways: Traffic source, Visitor Data, Include / Exclude users part of a current experiment (!!), Date/Time, Device/Browser/OS, JS Conditon Real-time reporting that makes sense to the whole company to view. Seriously, I can share a Convert Report to any level of intelligence on my team and they understand what's happening. Audiences and Goals are saved as presets, so your entire team can use them. Using the example above, we have an audience called "Wrote a Review" that we exclude from the Review Prompt treatments. Their customer support is seriously fast at answering questions. I've never had to wait more than a day.,You will immediately experience frustration (at least as a developer using JS Conditions) with the CDN times. Experiments often don't appear to you after saving new JS for up to 5 minutes. This can be crazy painful if you're going from Local Development > Staging > Production. There are some minor UI quirks inside the experiment editor if you're using the more advanced features like we do. It's almost mandatory that you're onboarded by a human. There's so much to this tool it'd be pretty hard for you to just dive in like some other apps. If you're like me that can be a bit frustrating. Some people need that though and enjoy the human touch, so I hate even giving this as a negative.,10,We've lifted retention every month, mostly through discovery of this tool. We generated 9,000 reviews off one experiment. After many rapid and fast learnings from failed experiments of course ;) It has freed my whole department up to move as fast as we want to move. It overcame every single technical hurdle we had faced after going through 3 different injection tools and being priced out of 2 others.,Optimizely, Visual Website Optimizer and Mixpanel,5,1,Directionally experimenting to quickly / cheaply find where we should pivot to lift metrics. Research Feature Validation,Using the DMP Profiling, we've been able to really quickly patch a bug while we let Dev get caught up to the problem.,Personalization Sales "What-if" scenarios and demos 3rd party data integrations,10,No,10,No,I'll show you my recent request, answered on the same day I asked: --- Just curious how often a unique visitor is able to trigger a goal. Is it 1x per unique user? Or is it 1x per unique user session?I feel like it's 1x per unique user based on my testing, but I would just love to clarify and be sure.---Hi Ken, Only once. When a unique visitor is bucketed to the experience, he/she can trigger the goal once. Next time that he/she will match the conditions of the goal, nothing will happen. Let me know if you have any other questions, DionysiaConvert is Fast, Integrates with Mixpanel & GA, and Is Less Expensive vs. VWO and OptimizelyWe're using Convert to optimize conversion rates for eCommerce websites. It's part of our ongoing testing to grow revenue for our clients.,Fast! Way faster than the competition to move around the tool and get things done. Easy to use - UI is easy to understand and set up tests.,WYSIWYG editor can produce previews that don't match testing reality. Not the simplest integration for eCommerce clients. Occasionally confusing when making changes in editor.,10,Convert has a high ROI for revenue generating applications.,OptimizelyPerfect tool for high volume, e-commerce testing with great supportWe are running several tests a month for clients, and improving their revenue by optimizing their customer experience on all pages and funnels.,The great service and the many data points you get with each plan. This is especially useful for high-volume e-commerce shops who want to do a lot of continues testing. Good and extensive Magento plugin.,The only thing I'm really missing is segmentation during or after testing of the results by device, new users etc., within the results page. Targeting of users based on segments is obviously possible. There are a few inconsistencies in their user interface that I would have liked to see differently. This could be personal taste though.,10,The magento plugin of Convert Experiences saved us a lot of development time. The relatively low cost per data point enables us to run multiple high volume tests for a much lower price than with its competitors.,Optimizely and Visual Website OptimizerGreat Customer Service and Easy to UseI use Convert to run A/B testing of the front-end of our web / mobile web platform. I am the main user of the tool, however I consult with the greater product team on testing ideas and give feedback from my findings. It helps us maximize our conversion goals throughout the site to improve the likelihood that users react to elements on the page.,They have a great customer service team that has followed up with several tickets I submitted where I had difficulty setting up an experiment. Their demos are very informative and you can easily get going once you're set up. It doesn't take very long to set up your own experiment - rarely have I needed help and usually can ask an in-house developer if I'm dealing with an A/B test that requires JavaScript changes versus just HTML.,It'd be nice if it was a little easier to alter the code of the page directly in a variation versus just adding on new code to change how it looks. It'd be interesting if they included an app A/B test tool into their core platform. It'd be nice to preview your test in several browsers.,8,So far it has boosted some click throughs for our Sign up Process as well as Activity completions for our marketing campaigns.,OptimizelyConvert Experiences - Superior Software for A/B TestingWe use Convert Experiences to help eCommerce clients get more conversions and revenue on their eCommerce stores. We are an eCommerce optimization agency so nearly all members of my team use this software to help clients. Convert Experiences helps us easily create A/B tests for clients to validate any hypothesis we might have that may improve the ROI and performance of their stores.,Support is top-notch. It is easy to get hold of the founder/SEO Dennis and if you run into any significant trouble, it's easy to get hold of the senior developers. Advanced editing. Unlike a lot of their competitors, Convert allows you to edit the variation code directly. This means that you can basically test any website (including AJAX and highly dynamic sites). This is not the case with some other competitors. Easy breakdown and visualization of daily conversion patterns. Surprisingly, this is not available with a lot of A/B testing platforms. We want to see the conversion rate daily so that we can see if there are any validity threats in the test. Most platforms only provide an aggregate of data up to that day. "Blink" handling. Convert takes great pains to reduce or eliminate the "blink" that comes with any javascript rewrite based A/B testing software. AFAIK they are the only ones who do this. Any blinking might cause instrumentation bias in the tests that we certainly don't want.,The user levels and access permissions is working fine, but I would like to be able to give users both global permissions across all projects, as well as lower/higher permissions on certain projects. Support for other forms of statistical analysis like using the t-test and analyzing A/B tests on a day-wise basis instead of aggregate. The ability to create "super goals" that are combinations of 2 goals (e.g. clicks on button A and clicks button B).,10,Convert is one of our critical tools allows us to offer our conversion rate optimization services to clients, so in that sense it is indispensable. CRO brings in a large portion of our revenue.,Visual Website Optimizer and Optimizely,Hotjar, SEMRush
Convert Experiences

Convert Experiences Reviews

Convert Experiences
Filter 8 vetted Convert Experiences reviews and ratings
Ken Hanson profile photo
April 27, 2018

Convert Experiences Review: "For the Power Users & Layman Optimizers Alike"

Convert is the tool of choice for injected experiment treatments.

We use it for:
  • Feature Validation
  • Testing the riskiest assumption from Product teams
  • Lifting specific Pirate (AARRR) growth metrics
  • Personalization
  • Over the top powerful Javascript enabled targeting. This feature is called DMP Profiling and is available in the Pro Plan, currently only +$100 more than the plus plan. An article explaining this feature is here for further reading: https://convert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206631623-Target-experiment-based-on-a-custom-Javascript-condition-that-evaluates-true-at-a-later-stage. I wrote up a much longer explanation but TR broke it up weirdly. The gist is that you can powerfully use JS to target. This allows me to target users in our SPA in incredibly advanced ways. I can walk their entire history model and assign them an audience value, or I can exclude them. It's MUCH more powerful than just a "Site Area" tool. We recently used it against 900K users to check if they had written a review of their apartment or not yet. This allowed me to only expose the user on the homepage to an experiment that prompted them to write a review while excluding users that couldn't write a review from the experiment (because they had already written one). The experiment converted 50% better than what we do now, generating 9k reviews in a matter of hours.
  • Audience targeting IN ADDITION to all that fancy DMP targeting. This means I can define demographics or other data as a qualifier AS WELL as the previously mentioned qualifier. This can be setup in so many ways: Traffic source, Visitor Data, Include / Exclude users part of a current experiment (!!), Date/Time, Device/Browser/OS, JS Conditon
  • Real-time reporting that makes sense to the whole company to view. Seriously, I can share a Convert Report to any level of intelligence on my team and they understand what's happening.
  • Audiences and Goals are saved as presets, so your entire team can use them. Using the example above, we have an audience called "Wrote a Review" that we exclude from the Review Prompt treatments.
  • Their customer support is seriously fast at answering questions. I've never had to wait more than a day.
  • You will immediately experience frustration (at least as a developer using JS Conditions) with the CDN times. Experiments often don't appear to you after saving new JS for up to 5 minutes. This can be crazy painful if you're going from Local Development > Staging > Production.
  • There are some minor UI quirks inside the experiment editor if you're using the more advanced features like we do.
  • It's almost mandatory that you're onboarded by a human. There's so much to this tool it'd be pretty hard for you to just dive in like some other apps. If you're like me that can be a bit frustrating. Some people need that though and enjoy the human touch, so I hate even giving this as a negative.
Well suited for:
  • Non-technical Marketing Teams
  • Fast moving Growth Teams
  • Really technical experimenters and optimizers that are frustrated with the lack of technical targeting most tools provide (this was me)
  • Teams wanting to run lightweight to medium weight technical experiments but don't want to impact the development cycle or wait for the development cycle to add their experiments.

My entire job function is speed and throughput of growth experimentation, so I can't honestly testify to what it isn't suitable for.
Read Ken Hanson's full review
Lukas B. Snelling profile photo
September 06, 2017

Convert Experiences: "Convert is Fast, Integrates with Mixpanel & GA, and Is Less Expensive vs. VWO and Optimizely"

• Fast! Way faster than the competition to move around the tool and get things done.
  • Easy to use - UI is easy to understand and set up tests.
  • WYSIWYG editor can produce previews that don't match testing reality.
  • Not the simplest integration for eCommerce clients.
  • Occasionally confusing when making changes in editor.
Convert is great for any place where you want to test different variants to see which have the highest impact. We're seeing direct impact on revenue from using Convert to conduct our tests. We recommend Convert to our clients, as it is our preferred tool for conversion rate optimization.
Read Lukas B. Snelling's full review
Auke Vos profile photo
September 12, 2016

Convert Experiences Review: "Perfect tool for high volume, e-commerce testing with great support"

• The great service and the many data points you get with each plan. This is especially useful for high-volume e-commerce shops who want to do a lot of continues testing.
  • Good and extensive Magento plugin.
  • The only thing I'm really missing is segmentation during or after testing of the results by device, new users etc., within the results page. Targeting of users based on segments is obviously possible.
  • There are a few inconsistencies in their user interface that I would have liked to see differently. This could be personal taste though.
Convert Experiences is exceptionally well suited for high volume, e-commerce testing and personalization.
Read Auke Vos's full review
David Fein profile photo
September 06, 2016

Convert Experiences Review: "Great Customer Service and Easy to Use"

• They have a great customer service team that has followed up with several tickets I submitted where I had difficulty setting up an experiment.
  • Their demos are very informative and you can easily get going once you're set up.
  • It doesn't take very long to set up your own experiment - rarely have I needed help and usually can ask an in-house developer if I'm dealing with an A/B test that requires JavaScript changes versus just HTML.
  • It'd be nice if it was a little easier to alter the code of the page directly in a variation versus just adding on new code to change how it looks.
  • It'd be interesting if they included an app A/B test tool into their core platform.
  • It'd be nice to preview your test in several browsers.
It's great for doing simple Front-End tests where you want to alter color, language, layout. It's a little less appropriate for a test where there are variations in the Back-End.
Read David Fein's full review
Francis Teo profile photo
September 02, 2016

Review: "Convert Experiences - Superior Software for A/B Testing"

• Support is top-notch. It is easy to get hold of the founder/SEO Dennis and if you run into any significant trouble, it's easy to get hold of the senior developers.
  • Advanced editing. Unlike a lot of their competitors, Convert allows you to edit the variation code directly. This means that you can basically test any website (including AJAX and highly dynamic sites). This is not the case with some other competitors.
  • Easy breakdown and visualization of daily conversion patterns. Surprisingly, this is not available with a lot of A/B testing platforms. We want to see the conversion rate daily so that we can see if there are any validity threats in the test. Most platforms only provide an aggregate of data up to that day.
  • "Blink" handling. Convert takes great pains to reduce or eliminate the "blink" that comes with any javascript rewrite based A/B testing software. AFAIK they are the only ones who do this. Any blinking might cause instrumentation bias in the tests that we certainly don't want.
  • The user levels and access permissions is working fine, but I would like to be able to give users both global permissions across all projects, as well as lower/higher permissions on certain projects.
  • Support for other forms of statistical analysis like using the t-test and analyzing A/B tests on a day-wise basis instead of aggregate.
  • The ability to create "super goals" that are combinations of 2 goals (e.g. clicks on button A and clicks button B).
It is specifically suited for advanced A/B testing, and anytime you need to do testing on dynamic and AJAX sites. I can't think of any scenario where I would recommend a competitor over this product. We've used several over the years and we've found that Convert Experiences is far superior. Perhaps if you are new to A/B testing (it can get quite expensive), or if you have fundamental usability problems on your site so you're not ready for A/B testing. But if you are ready for A/B testing and you have it well-budgeted out, Convert Experiences is, in my opinion, the far superior solution.
Read Francis Teo's full review
Kaitlyn Greene profile photo
April 04, 2016

Convert Experiences Review: "The Most Affordable And User Friendly A/B Testing Tool On The Market"

We use Convert Experiments to A/B test various elements of our websites, from our content and images to design elements. Convert Experiments is used for all of our websites, and it has greatly improved our conversion rates. It allows us to test multiple variations at once while giving us real-time data so that we can see what's working and what's not.
  • The ability to target a specific audience is a huge plus. Some of our tests need to be targeted towards very specific users, and Convert Experiments has many options for that.
  • Convert Experiments is, without a doubt, the most affordable A/B testing tool of its kind.
  • The customer service is top-notch. Dennis and his team are very responsive and have a great sense of urgency. They also give great insight about testing ideas.
  • The only con is the inability to have page views as a goal, but that is something they are working on.
Convert Experiments is most useful to us when A/B testing something simple, such as an image on one page. This is the bulk of the tests we run, so it is extremely helpful to have a visual editor for this.
Read Kaitlyn Greene's full review
Joshua Uebergang profile photo
March 11, 2016

Convert Experiences Review: "The affordable split-testing tool for online stores"

I use Convert Experiments for Shopify clients who come to me wanting scientific conversion rate optimization. It is the most affordable split-testing tool to optimize for revenue that works well.
  • I tested Convert Experiments after being frustrated with two other big split-testing tools that failed to accurately track revenue in Shopify because of third-party cookie problems. This is an unavoidable problem for non-Plus Shopify stores who require the checkout.shopify.com domain to process payments. Convert Experiments accurately tracks revenue data and integrates nicely with Google Analytics for follow up segmentation and analysis. Yes!
  • Gives you full control over the split-testing environment. From audience selection, page targeting, and testing any element (that I've found so far) of a page or website.
  • Dennis and his team provide quick and clear customer support for any questions you have to get your first test live.
  • It is probably the most affordable split-testing tool on the market (that has the functionality you need).
  • Currently cannot create a new variation when a test has been published. Required to clone an experiment then re-set up your experiment tracking variables.
Highly recommend Convert Experiments for those wanting to optimize for revenue when a third-party domain processes your payments. Revenue is by far, the primary metric to optimize for in ecommerce.
Read Joshua Uebergang's full review

About Convert Experiences

Convert Experiences is an enterprise A/B testing and personalization solution for conversion optimization and data-driven decisions in high-traffic websites. This solution offers A/B, split, and multivariate testing. It enables users to make dynamic changes to their websites, test the variations on live mobile, tablet and desktop traffic to make the right choices.

Convert Experiences allows you to set up an unlimited number of active sub-domains, projects, tests users, projects, clients, goals and variations (with unlimited collaborators) across all the plans. This software allows users to import their Google Analytics goals and also have a zero extra code install the revenue tracking.

Personalization based on target segments such as traffic origin, campaign origin, geo-demographic (location and language), device, and browser type is available.