Reviews (1-7 of 7)
In layman's terms, when we want to do an experiment very quickly but need to target accurately, we turn to convert.
While Convert's WYSIWYG editor is really great, we actually almost exclusively use it in the custom JS / CSS modes. It's incredibly powerful with regard to being for engineers and your non-technical marketers.
We use it for:
- Feature Validation
- Testing the riskiest assumption from Product teams
- Lifting specific Pirate (AARRR) growth metrics
- Audience targeting IN ADDITION to all that fancy DMP targeting. This means I can define demographics or other data as a qualifier AS WELL as the previously mentioned qualifier. This can be setup in so many ways: Traffic source, Visitor Data, Include / Exclude users part of a current experiment (!!), Date/Time, Device/Browser/OS, JS Conditon
- Real-time reporting that makes sense to the whole company to view. Seriously, I can share a Convert Report to any level of intelligence on my team and they understand what's happening.
- Audiences and Goals are saved as presets, so your entire team can use them. Using the example above, we have an audience called "Wrote a Review" that we exclude from the Review Prompt treatments.
- Their customer support is seriously fast at answering questions. I've never had to wait more than a day.
- You will immediately experience frustration (at least as a developer using JS Conditions) with the CDN times. Experiments often don't appear to you after saving new JS for up to 5 minutes. This can be crazy painful if you're going from Local Development > Staging > Production.
- There are some minor UI quirks inside the experiment editor if you're using the more advanced features like we do.
- It's almost mandatory that you're onboarded by a human. There's so much to this tool it'd be pretty hard for you to just dive in like some other apps. If you're like me that can be a bit frustrating. Some people need that though and enjoy the human touch, so I hate even giving this as a negative.
- Non-technical Marketing Teams
- Fast moving Growth Teams
- Really technical experimenters and optimizers that are frustrated with the lack of technical targeting most tools provide (this was me)
- Teams wanting to run lightweight to medium weight technical experiments but don't want to impact the development cycle or wait for the development cycle to add their experiments.
My entire job function is speed and throughput of growth experimentation, so I can't honestly testify to what it isn't suitable for.
Convert Experiences: "Convert is Fast, Integrates with Mixpanel & GA, and Is Less Expensive vs. VWO and Optimizely"
- Fast! Way faster than the competition to move around the tool and get things done.
- Easy to use - UI is easy to understand and set up tests.
- WYSIWYG editor can produce previews that don't match testing reality.
- Not the simplest integration for eCommerce clients.
- Occasionally confusing when making changes in editor.
- The great service and the many data points you get with each plan. This is especially useful for high-volume e-commerce shops who want to do a lot of continues testing.
- Good and extensive Magento plugin.
- The only thing I'm really missing is segmentation during or after testing of the results by device, new users etc., within the results page. Targeting of users based on segments is obviously possible.
- There are a few inconsistencies in their user interface that I would have liked to see differently. This could be personal taste though.
- They have a great customer service team that has followed up with several tickets I submitted where I had difficulty setting up an experiment.
- Their demos are very informative and you can easily get going once you're set up.
- It'd be nice if it was a little easier to alter the code of the page directly in a variation versus just adding on new code to change how it looks.
- It'd be interesting if they included an app A/B test tool into their core platform.
- It'd be nice to preview your test in several browsers.
- Support is top-notch. It is easy to get hold of the founder/SEO Dennis and if you run into any significant trouble, it's easy to get hold of the senior developers.
- Advanced editing. Unlike a lot of their competitors, Convert allows you to edit the variation code directly. This means that you can basically test any website (including AJAX and highly dynamic sites). This is not the case with some other competitors.
- Easy breakdown and visualization of daily conversion patterns. Surprisingly, this is not available with a lot of A/B testing platforms. We want to see the conversion rate daily so that we can see if there are any validity threats in the test. Most platforms only provide an aggregate of data up to that day.
- The user levels and access permissions is working fine, but I would like to be able to give users both global permissions across all projects, as well as lower/higher permissions on certain projects.
- Support for other forms of statistical analysis like using the t-test and analyzing A/B tests on a day-wise basis instead of aggregate.
- The ability to create "super goals" that are combinations of 2 goals (e.g. clicks on button A and clicks button B).
- The ability to target a specific audience is a huge plus. Some of our tests need to be targeted towards very specific users, and Convert Experiments has many options for that.
- Convert Experiments is, without a doubt, the most affordable A/B testing tool of its kind.
- The customer service is top-notch. Dennis and his team are very responsive and have a great sense of urgency. They also give great insight about testing ideas.
- The only con is the inability to have page views as a goal, but that is something they are working on.
- I tested Convert Experiments after being frustrated with two other big split-testing tools that failed to accurately track revenue in Shopify because of third-party cookie problems. This is an unavoidable problem for non-Plus Shopify stores who require the checkout.shopify.com domain to process payments. Convert Experiments accurately tracks revenue data and integrates nicely with Google Analytics for follow up segmentation and analysis. Yes!
- Gives you full control over the split-testing environment. From audience selection, page targeting, and testing any element (that I've found so far) of a page or website.
- Dennis and his team provide quick and clear customer support for any questions you have to get your first test live.
- It is probably the most affordable split-testing tool on the market (that has the functionality you need).
- Currently cannot create a new variation when a test has been published. Required to clone an experiment then re-set up your experiment tracking variables.
Convert Experiences Scorecard Summary
About Convert Experiences
Convert Experiences is an enterprise A/B testing and personalization solution for conversion optimization and data-driven decisions in high-traffic websites. This solution offers A/B, split, and multivariate testing. It enables users to make dynamic changes to their websites, test the variations on live mobile, tablet and desktop traffic to make the right choices.
Convert Experiences allows you to set up an unlimited number of active sub-domains, projects, tests users, projects, clients, goals and variations (with unlimited collaborators) across all the plans. This software allows users to import their Google Analytics goals and also have a zero extra code install the revenue tracking.
Personalization based on target segments such as traffic origin, campaign origin, geo-demographic (location and language), device, and browser type is available.
Convert Experiences Screenshots
Convert Experiences Integrations
Convert Experiences Competitors
Convert Experiences Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||23%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||59%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||6%|
Convert Experiences Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Convert Experiences Technical Details