WordPress Is The Easiest Way To Run Your Business Onlinehttps://www.trustradius.com/cmsWordPressUnspecified8.421961012014-03-08T22:29:19.437Z
Updated March 10, 2014
WordPress Is The Easiest Way To Run Your Business Online
Score 10 out of 101
WordPress is used to run the organization web site, as well as to build sites for clients. It is used for everything from small business websites to custom web applications.
- WordPress is easy for users to understand, even if they have limited technical experience. There are a large number of resources where people can get help and answers to their questions.
- WordPress is very versatile. A site can start off small and simple, and add complex features over time, such as eCommerce, surveys, mailing list integration, and more.
- WordPress is open source software that thousands of developers are building and using it every day. Security issues are found and fixed quickly. Users get the benefit of security and features updates with the ease of clicking a button.
- The search feature needs to be improved, especially the ability to search by multiple criteria.
- WordPress has had the positive impact of being the main source of income for my company. The software is free and flexible, and can be used to provide products and services without a lot of overhead.
- It is easy to teach clients how to use WordPress and to point them to outside resources where they can learn more. This makes training time shorter and clients happier.
- Since WordPress is so flexible, it is easy to add new services as they are needed without having to rebuild the entire project.
I have used most open source content management systems including Drupal and Joomla. Drupal is also great software, but hard for clients to learn how to use. WordPress can do everything that Drupal does without the high barrier to entry. Joomla is usable, but not in the same class as WordPress and Drupal.
WordPress is released under the GPL license and does not require renewal. I do upgrade the software whenever a new version is available.
1 - The required person has skills in using WordPress, administering WordPress, and developing WordPress websites, themes, and plugins.
- WordPress has worked very well for eCommerce sites
- Community websites for non-profit organizations
Evaluation and Selection
Yes - Before WordPress was around, I used the open source PHP/MySQL content management systems available at the time, including Drupal, Mambo, PostNuke, and e107. They were replaced to make site management greatly simplified than what it was before, and to make custom development much easier.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Vendor Reputation
Ease of use for both clients and developers.
It was much easier than expected! Other than the initial data transfer, it was an amazingly smooth and easy process.
Change management was minimal - It was easy to adapt WordPress to perform the same functions that the old system was performing.
It is very easy to find online resources to learn how to do just about anything with WordPress.
WordPress is fairly easy to learn without training, especially for people who have experience with common computer software like word processors. I would not recommend using it without any training at all. While it is relatively easy to use, there is a lot that it does, so a little training can go a long way.
Considering that almost all support for WordPress is done by volunteers, I believe the support is amazing. Friendly and helpful community members and contributing developers spend a lot of time in the forums answering questions and solving problems.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
WordPress is by far the most usable system I have come across in over 10 years of using and evaluating it and products like it. It is easy for clients to learn, easy to build with, and easy to develop extensions too. The community and variety of themes and plugins that are available make it even more valuable.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Managing content is very simple and easy to learn.
- Working with images, video, and other media has been greatly improved over the years, and is now quite usable.
- Administering sites is pretty straightforward and easy to learn and to train people on.
- Due to the large amount of administration functions, it can be cumbersome to locate the one you are looking for.
- Media handling is much better than it used to be, and well integrated, but could use some better features to manage the media and display it in different ways.