Works for us
January 26, 2017
Works for us
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
If a sales rep within our company wants to use our dept, they must enter a special opportunity into Sales Force. We have the ability to approve or reject. If we approve, an integration begins to dump information into WorkFront. From there - we select tasks from a master template and assign resources. We have multiple depts across the US and are able to check availability of resources based on planned times within WorkFront. We use a standard template of tasks and are able to determine average time and average duration of the individual tasks to use as a starting point for future projects. We then estimate the difficulty level of the task and assign time accordingly.
- Extremely customizable
- Searchability - can search in so many different ways and find past data easily even if you only have a small piece
- Since we do everything on a back schedule - it would be nice if the tasks that are previously completed would not pull forward into the resource grid
- It would be nice to have a Resource Grid based on Actual Hours in addition to the Planned Hours - to determine where time was actually spent.
- Improves Efficiency and allows us to work in multiple locations with access to same info
- Allows us to cover in the absence of another employee. I actually covered for a person who quit located 800 miles away for 6 months with minimal negative impact.
Prior to this we used excel to manage our projects. We now have more data than ever and have grown to a point where we could never go back to our old ways.
I think it is a great system to maintain projects and assign tasks. Not sure it is good to store SOPs and the like. I would like to be able to add more detail to my "people" so I could do a search on their talents and understand their strengths and weaknesses. You used to be able to add a skill set in the talk to me about that was searchable so if I needed someone to do something specific - I was able to determine my options.