Overall Satisfaction with Zeplin
Zeplin is primarily used as a collaboration tool for our UI designers, front-end developers, product managers, copywriters and every other stakeholder in the design and development of the product. It makes the design handoff process efficient by allowing the designer to upload their design directly from the the sketching tools and then basic code snippets are auto generated for the developer as a boilerplate code to work on.
- Code snippets based on design are auto generated.
- Integrates with existing collaboration tools used at the organization like Slack, MS teams and development tools like Visual Studio Code.
- People can add comments to the designs which can be assigned as tasks to the relevant person within the design team.
- Interface is confusing and unintuitive.
- Steep learning curve for new users.
- Tutorials in the self help section need a lot of improvement both in terms of depth and breadth of topics they cover.
- Easily integrates with design tools used at our organization like Sketch, Photoshop and Figma.
- Enhances collaboration by allowing people to give their feedback and comment on designs.
- Integrates with existing tools like Slack and Jira.
- Development time has reduced as the design updates are communicated in real time to developers and they don't have to write the boilerplate code as it's already generated.
- Employee engagement has improved as every stakeholder is aware about the design changes from the beginning and can give their inputs.
- Designers save a lot of time as they don't to explicitly communicate when the update or publish their designs and also it just takes a couple of clicks to publish their designs. Also, lot of rework is saved as every stakeholder is involved right from the beginning.
Do you think Zeplin delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Zeplin's feature set?
Did Zeplin live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Zeplin go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Zeplin again?
Zeplin is more suited for teams that are looking for handoff tool that also has a built-in style guide. It is effective for both large and small project and primarily delivers most benefits when there are a large number of stakeholders. However, if someone needs a design handoff tool along with prototyping, Zeplin is not the right choice as it doesn't have prototyping capabilities.