Likelihood to Recommend
Well suited for sessions and events information with the exception of large white space areas when viewed. Depending on how your organization is set up the only "less appropriate" area for us would be the actual accounting side, but that is because our accounting department prefers to maintain invoices, etc out of their own system. However, the invoices provided by A2Z does aid them when the are reconciling to their own system
Bizzabo is great for very small businesses who produce basic events. If a company has a couple events a year and wants a professional interface, it’s a great option. It’s less appropriate for companies with more complex events or who want full customization abilities.
- Tracking from year to year - history provided on the Exhibit side is huge and helps when you have new people working within the platform.
- Ability to replicate certain areas from year to year which is a huge timesaver.
- Templates! Templates are huge timesavers, but you still have the ability to brand them and change them if needed.
- Bizzabo makes setting up registration for an event very simple. You can make it more complex if you require that, but if you only need to capture basics and payment, it is easy to set up.
- Making a custom event website is also very easy. There are a lot of widgets build in with content you might need, such as Speakers. While it takes a little bit of use to figure out how it works, once you know the basics, creating a multi page website with all your event info is super easy.
- Creating custom ticket types and promo codes is full of options and it’s easy to allow many different options for purchasing tickets. From expiring ticket types to tracking promo codes, you can allow people to buy tickets with unlimited options (early bird, sponsor discounts, etc.)
- Coming from software where I had a huge amount of access to the "backend", it would be nice to be able to manipulate areas of the Exhibit Floorplan a little easier with regard to items like tables, chairs, stages, etc. Maybe add some icons that could be pasted into the floorplan for faster success?
- The agenda within A2Z does not give you the ability to host on your own conference site.
- The agenda view is sometimes perceived as being too long, there's a lot of extra "white space".
- Their customer service is lacking, in that it takes me about 24 hours to get a response to a question, which seems to be due to time zone differences. I’m in PT so not anywhere crazy. Often tiles the response is a follow up question, so it can take a whole week to resolve a basic problem.
- Their contacts/tickets/orders areas are unnecessarily complicated. I can look at a contact but not be able to refund them for a cancelled ticket without clicking from their contact to their ticket and then to their order. It’s not all accessible in one place. Also if I’m accepting a check payment with an order # included, if I’m only searching in the “tickets” category, I won’t be able to find it. It’s a very clunky system. It works but isn’t as simple as it could be.
- Its registration form features are limited. For example, I can add any type of question to the registration form (check boxes, drop downs, text, etc.) but I cannot add a description to the question. So if I’m asking about dietary restrictions, I can only ask the initial question (“do you have any special restrictions?”) and I can provide options (vegan, vegetarian, etc.) but I cannot tell them if their option isn’t listed to email us unless I put it in its own check box.
- Visually it’s quite limited as well. You only have a few basic themes for your custom website to choose from. The agenda looks how it looks and your only options are black or white. The layout of confirmation emails cannot be changed other than the order of information. A lot of room for improvement on customization.
- There is no way to save outgoing emails. If you sent an email and then sent a second, you cannot resend the first without copying and pasting the original content. Formatting of emails is also limited (eg. no attachments).
I've used Map Your Show, as well as ExpoCad. Each has their own redeeming qualities, and the success of A2Z is also based on the support you receive from the provider. Customer Support and being assigned to one support team player from A2Z has been huge and we have greatly appreciated it.
Bizzabo is more user friendly than RegOnline and more professional and customizable than Eventbrite. Aventri is a more user friendly and complete system than Bizzabo. Bizzabo was selected over Aventri bevause we were on a time crunch, had already used it, and it was easy to duplicate a website we’d already created. Unfortunately utilizing it required a year contract, so we will reevaluate when it is up.
Return on Investment
- Positive - it provides one place from which primary players in the conference could pull information. A2Z maintains consistency and lowers the discrepancy issue when everyone tries to keep their own little database.
- Positive - Time Saver.
- No negative that I can recall.
- Bizzabo has allowed for us to easily capture fees for our events without complication.
- Bizzabo has allowed us to create a professional look for our high level clientele, to ensure our website and processes match the audience.