Likelihood to Recommend
AB Tasty is well suited to all websites that are looking for an optimization of their UX/UI. Whether you are an e-merchant or a media, this Saas solution will allow you to quickly find solutions to break blocking points of your conversion funnel.
At Eurosport, we also use this solution to customize the experience of our users according to their behaviors and interests. These actions coupled with optimization of the customer path, allows us to gain in performance.
It is well suited to businesses with a full time web analyst that will be using the tools to create actionable reports that drive action in the company. It is less appropriate where companies are just looking for some new tools and it will be forgotten soon after implementation. If a website is critical to your business and you have dedicated resources or consultants to help you understand the data, then it is invaluable. I love it.
- Simple one-tag implementation allows you to get up and running in minimal time.
- In-page visual editor allows changes to be made to the site without technical expertise.
- Dedicated account and technical support with impressive turnaround times.
- Strong segmentation and personalisation options.
- Huge range of integrations.
- Heat Maps - we used and liked CrazyEgg in the past, and it was a cheaper tool that was easy to use. ClickTale gives us additional capabilities with better data about scroll reach, mouse movements, clicks and a summary report that shows what parts of our pages are getting attention. A product manager asked us yesterday for insights on how his product page was performing, and we were easily able to send him the reports in the heat map section.
- Visitor recordings - We get good data on our website using analytics tools like GA, HubSpot and ClickTale, but it is very helpful to watch actual visitor recordings for certain visitor segments. If we add a new page or new feature to our website and notice a trend, we can easily drill down and watch visitors and see how they are interacting with the page.
- Conversion funnels - We do a lot of our analysis in Google Analytics and you can set up conversion funnels in GA if you know how to do it. The problem is you can't segment the data and the aggregated data is not as helpful. ClickTale makes it very simple to do conversion funnels, and you can segment them with just a few clicks.
- Occasional glitches within the visual editor, especially with responsive content.
- Better debugging tools when testing experiments locally i.e. a preview environment.
- Occasionally when adding goals in to the reporting tool, they will not load immediately.
- It's a bit difficult to navigate form heatmaps of one page on my sites to those of another.
- It would be useful to have data on what percentage of clicks for each link are bounces. If this is available already, it is not very easy to find.
- I have slight doubts about the accuracy of ClickTale's data based on some industry related articles I've read (i.e. http://redant.com.au/tool-reviews/clicktale-review-technology/). For the most part I feel like the data I'm getting is accurate, because it roughly corresponds to what I'm able to see on Google Analytics. It would be nice to see ClickTale address some of these issues.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 8 answers
Will depend on how is it well used by internal teams
Manager in MarketingInternet Company, 11-50 employees
Based on 11 answers
At my former company I was able to upgrade our initial subscription level from bronze to gold without any problems after the first year. Unfortunately, the company I am presently with doesn't have a Clicktale subscription. I would have absolutely no hesitation in strongly recommending Clicktale to my current company if I ever get even a remote chance to do so. Clicktale is used in some of the statistics I use on my resume in an effort to quantify my results as a certified usability analyst. Clicktale has made a significant difference in my value to any team I work with.
No answers yet
Based on 1 answer
I had some issues interacting with viewing recordings of a specific page by many users but my impression was that this was going to be fixed.
Based on 1 answer
People are avalaible and they know very well their product wich help to resolve quick issues. Also the benchmark they have help us to improve our own business
No answers yet
About Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Hotjar, they are not the same product but we use them in our CRO strategy and we continue using them to complete AB Tasty capacities. Optimizely is a direct competitor and we worked with it for two years, it is a good tool too, but prefer AB Tasty's user enviroment and proactive support.
ClickTale is now a step ahead of the competition since it delivers insights based on pre-defined business KPIs and customer journeys that we have set up. We can also segment our traffic and easily sift through the many recordings finding the ones that match our lookup criteria. This paired with a good and reliable PII masking helps us with insight collection and drive business decisions which other solutions don't have.The new non-Flash interface is clean and simple to use and has all the functionalities centralized.
Return on Investment
- AB Tasty is our on-site marketing display tool. If we didn't have the solution we would not have been able to do custom display with formats that are not iAB standards. Therefore we were able to run our e-commerce campaigns with their own ROI.
- Identifying barriers in the customer journey
- Ability to segment and filter recordings and heatmaps using segments
- Integrate with Analytics and Optimisation solutions
- Define specific key business KPI's and metrics
- Easy to use UX
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?