<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.2 out of 100
Based on 32 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
I would highly recommend AppRiver for inbound email filtering. We have been very pleased with the performance and the ease of use. The occasional email does get through, but I have had that happen on any email filtering we have used in the past. Great product and great support as well
- Ease of management for a MSP. Even though there is no integration w/ PSA tools currently, I don't see this as a negative. The management is multi-tenant and simple to navigate.
- Support via chat is fast and very competent. Only downside is they are just available during extended business hours, not 24x7 on the chat.
- Reselling Office 365 is very simple and gives us an advantage over our competitors. Includes pre sales support and post sale support.
- Encrypted email services act much like others, it works very well and includes and Outlook Plug in to make it obvious you intend to send messaged encrypted.
- Email continuity. Email queuing is included, so if your onsite server goes down, mail queues at the spam filter until service is restored. You can step it up w/ their email continuity service which give you access to your mail at the spam filter in cases where your mail server is down for an extended period of time.
- They do not support DMARC and DKIM at this time and I don't know when or if they ever will.
- Their SPF record is not great and can possibly cause issues, at least that is what my support company has told me.
- Scanning of links in emails seems super limited and or non-existent. THings get through with completely bad malicious all the time and I assume they are not scanning them or they don't have a proper AV on their end.
- Once a domain is whitelisted any bad emails that may be spoofing that email domain are let through and no other filters apply to the emails. It's frustrating to have to white list 20+ individual email addresses from a company and not be able to white list just the domain and not feel secure doing that.
Manager in Information TechnologyDefense & Space Company, 201-500 employees
Based on 1 answer
Based on 18 answers
AppRiver answers the phone instantly, and immediately connects us with a qualified, US-based support agent. The support agent is always able to give a helpful answer, and almost always fix the issue. When the issue lies with another entity, the support agent is still helpful in advising the best possible way to have the issue resolved. Their speed, expertise, and overall attitude are easily 10/10.
Many clients use GoDaddy for their email hosting. If you want to see a night and day difference in support, AppRiver is the way to go. I hate waiting on hold with GoDaddy, transferring through their automated menus, finding clients trapped in year-long commitments for email hosting...the list goes on and on with my complaints about GoDaddy. AppRiver makes it as easy as possible to have someone on the phone right away for support. They have month-to-month pricing so if you aren't happy you can always leave.
C-Level Executive in Information TechnologyInformation Technology & Services Company, 11-50 employees
Return on Investment
- Provides a real sense of security knowing that I have somewhere to fall back on.
- Have not yet been able to see a real return on investment since I went from doing it all in-house to farming it out completely.
- The overall stability of the network/mail environment has greatly improved.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?