Likelihood to Recommend
I would recommend this product to anyone looking to automate multiple applications and/or large scale applications.I feel like this product wouldn't make a lot of sense for very small applications. However, they could provide testing services geared towards start-ups. If TestComplete made a "lite" version I could see is the product being used for start-ups as well as for smaller organizations.
- The record and play back works great for our less technical team members. Basic UI validations and some of the happy path functionality can easily be automated.
- The structure and set up of Project Suites. Easy to organize tests and group into functional tests that can be reused in Test cases.
- Multiple Types of tests projects can be created. Mobile, Web Page and Web Services. When setting up a new project the wizard guides the user through and allows for the selection of many different options as well as the coding language that is preferred.
- Having never used anything like TestComplete before joining my company, it wasn't exactly the easiest application to pick up. The code examples online (particularly the SQL ones) were a little difficult to get the hang of. I was greatly helped by having a guy on my team who had worked with TestComplete for a few years, but the onboarding was a little rough.
- We've run into various errors over the years involving memory leaks (which required a hotfix patch) and even scripts written in TestComplete not running in TestExecute. While these have always been addressed by patches (or new major versions in the case of the TestExecute issues), it has occasionally required some clever work-around in order to get it to do what we need.
- We have encountered many issues running TestComplete in an RDP session to a virtual machine. The RDP window needs to be open at all times and cannot be minimized. This may be a technological limitation, but it would be really convenient if we could run 'headless' scripts as scheduled tasks.
Engineer in Quality AssuranceFinancial Services Company, 1001-5000 employees
Based on 1 answer
Besides the good GUI with flexible settings, application has a great support. Customers are involved in development process, can send feature requests and vote for them. Some of my requests already implemented or coming soon.
Based on 2 answers
Based on 1 answer
If you develop a mobile application and your testing process goes in cloud, probably you will face a problem - how to implement a stable connection between your mobile devices and testing servers
For the most part, TestComplete has the same functionality as any one of the other products we looked at. In many cases, the capabilities were somewhat less than the competitor products, but we found that the higher costs of any of the other products we not justified when comparing the capabilities. TestComplete had the highest overall bang-for-the-buck rating and was less expensive than all of the other competitor products.
Return on Investment
- We have seen a much more efficient product release cycle since using TestComplete. )Mainly down to the fact that a new build can be issued and tested very quickly. In turn, this means problems can be found a lot quicker, and the process repeats.)
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
TestComplete Editions & Modules
|TestComplete Pro||$3,500 / $70001|
|TestComplete Platform||$1,000 / $2,5001|
|TestComplete Web||$999 / $1,9981|
|TestComplete Mobile||$1,299 / $2,5981|
|TestComplete Desktop||$999 / $1,9981|
- Node-locked / Floating User License