What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Kronos Workforce Central
Kronos Workforce Central is well-suited for large organizations seeking a simplified time-recording system or are trying to get away from manual timesheets being submitted. Larger organizations would see a greater return on investment while using this system. It is less appropriate for smaller organizations with fewer employees, as the cost of the system likely would be greater than the investment of the system.
Manager in Human ResourcesHigher Education Company, 10,001+ employees
- Time and Attendance integration is exceptional, whether using time clocks on online clocking capabilities at off-site locations that lack physical time clocks
- The ability to track details from an HR perspective, such as educational requirements (and expirations), immunization status, etc was well built
- Security is very granular, so you can give certain users access to certain pieces of the application, while maintaining security in other areas.
- Workforce Central supervisors interact with the system using a web browser. Advanced time card options require the client PC to use the Java Runtime Environment (Java). Kronos has struggled over the years to keep up with the Java updates and at times, this has been a source of frustration for our campus supervisors. Java related issues include very slow system response times and in some instances, a failure to access the system completely. In fairness, many vendors have also struggled with Java updates. Preferably, vendors would move away from the Java requirement.
- On a University campus, student employees often have multiple jobs. These part-time jobs are in various departments with different funding sources and supervisors. The Workforce Central product historically did not work well for employees with multiple jobs. Kronos has begun to offer new software enhancements that are designed to address this issue, but the updates are an additional cost and not included in the base Workforce Central product.
- While the Workforce Central solution contains many standard reports, adding custom reports is not easy and requires billable support from Kronos.
Director in Information TechnologyHigher Education Company, 10,001+ employees
Likelihood to Renew
Kronos Workforce Central5.0
Based on 11 answers
We have a sizable investment in this program. We are hard pressed to find another app that provides what we need at a price that would justify leaving Kronos.
Kronos Workforce Central9.4
Based on 2 answers
Having no experience with Kronos prior to using it in March 2016, their customer service team taught me how to use it the right way after my initial training at work. I am well-versed in data analysis using Excel and Access primarily, so once I discovered that Kronos had a reporting feature built in, I've used the feature quite a few times to help our properties evaluate their production costs and make good labor decisions. I give Kronos a 10 because once a person takes the time to learn how to use the software, they'll realize that Kronos is far more effective than most, and gives users more ways to access their information where and when they want to.
KRONOS is by far one of the best, if not THE best multi-faceted systems I have used. Right up there with ADP but slightly better for what I needed it for.
Former Employee in Human ResourcesHospital & Health Care Company, 201-500 employees
Return on Investment
Kronos Workforce CentralSee All (3) Kronos Workforce Central Screenshots
Kronos Workforce Central
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?