November 14, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Read Limin Kinsey, CPA, CFE's full review
Pros and Cons
- The design of the planning sheets, flexible functioning of the assumptions/drivers, and familiar formula creation has great user appeal since it simulates the similarities with the Excel worksheet interface, so buy-in/ownership from a Finance group perspective is easily overcome even for those that have a bit of 'change-phobia'.
- The Finance group REALLY can run this CPM product. No IT support needed which is critical from a resource standpoint.
- User collaboration is made simple and easy with the Process Tracker functionality and further supported by offering users the ability to enter cell notes on planning items, sheet notes, line notes in analysis reporting, share reports via email, snapshot reports, and attach documents related to quotes for the planning process - just to name a few little hidden gems that serve us well in the planning process resulting in greater efficiencies.
- The Adaptive Learning Center provides a wealth of information for users in a how-to-do well-guided format with both written and video learning mediums. In addition, the involvement in the Torchbearers Community provides a community chat portal to pose questions and gain additional information on best practices from other Adaptive users of varying levels of expertise.
- Being rather new to the Adaptive product and our laser focus on capitalizing on the advantages we were severely lacking in our former budgeting tool, I don't have any solid examples of areas or room for improvement yet. As we continue to gain familiarity and begin our implementation of Phase 2 with our Program areas, I will be able to assess more in-depth whether Adaptive meets our needs fully as more individuals with varying capacities and capabilities will be involved in our Phase 2 roll out, so feedback will be plentiful.