Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Platform Scalability (71)
Drag-and-drop Interfaces (70)
Visual Modeling (71)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Appian, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Appian provides a software development platform that combines Full-Stack Automation and enterprise low-code to rapidly deliver business applications. Appian can be used to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk and compliance.
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications. Appian boasts running some of the most important processes at companies like Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Aviva, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, and the US Department of the Treasury.
Some Appian use cases include - Intelligent Business Process Management Systems (iBPMS), Dynamic Case Management (DCM), Digital Process Automation (DPA), Robotics Process Automation (RPA), and Low-code Development.
- Supported: Visual Modeling
- Supported: Drag-and-drop Interfaces
- Supported: Platform Security
- Supported: Platform User Management
- Supported: Reusability
- Supported: Platform Scalability
- Enterprise Checklist: Pave The Path To Digital Prowess With Low-Code Platforms
- The BPM Guide: Accelerating Digital Transformation
- The Case Management Guide
- Appian Product Overview
- Appian Premier Support
- Deliver Customer Experience Excellence
- Appian for Employee Experience
- Appian Intelligent Contact Center™ Platform
- The Total Economic Impact™ Of Appian
- The 2021 Ultimate Low-Code Automation Buyer's Guide
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
- The culture of data decentralization in millions of files is to end with Appian apps.
- Company processes tracking is enabled with Appian solutions.
- Interactive reports to analyze business data.
- Web page to centralize communication with users, incidents, resources, etc.
- The standard cloud database still has a little bit of an unfriendly interface but it is true that we use our own databases.
- Besides, process diagrams and coding interface experience are improvable (there are some process flow functions missed like for or while loops).
- workflow management
- Low code no code
- Intelligent case management
- integration with API
- Dashboards and reports
- More visualisations in the dashboard like Power BI
- LMS based system like Celonis and certifications
- AI & ML functionalities
Less suited for advanced level of automation, AI & ML based analysis like Neural networks, sentiment analysis. Other area of improvement is to add more visualisations and a learning based system with which one can get certified and learn more about the tool.
- Easy to Develop (Low Code)
- Intelligent Case Management
- Integration using API's to a variety of technology tools
- Graphs and Charts. I think it will be good to get some features of PowerBi
- Additional DB options (Currently using MariaDB)
- Better interface for Database explorer and query window
- Process Automation
- Integration Functions
- Quick Application Delivery
- Fast Learn Curve
- UI and UX new features
- Rich format Report functions
- Report generation using records
- User interface with easy implementation
- Process model
- Expression rules
- User interface needs more customized options
- Toggle button or switch button
- More icons
- Low code for rapid deployment.
- Great search capabilities.
- New features deployed frequently.
- Strong customer focus.
- Some constraints on custom reporting.
- Version management could be more flexible.
- Could integrate with other 3rd party deployment tools.
- Ease of the system
- Attractive UI
- Easy to understand
- it gives some limit in decision rules
- The community needs to grow more.
- Timeline charts should be improved
- Drag-and-drop UX
- Apps developed by exporting objects in XML and ZIP format
- Low-code development platform
- Test for completeness is possible
- Appian framework reuse for ADA
- Layman language
- Some more utility should be available for performance testing
- Multiple ZIP file creation with one import matching trick
- Recommendation engines should be modified
- easy to navigate
- ability to detect user badges to auto populate vs. manual entry
- Ease of Use - users of all ages find this system easy to operate on a daily basis due to the clear layout of the application itself.
- Customization - with Appian, anything is possible. My organization has used Appian to build a fully customized piece of software that hundreds of users work in on a daily basis.
- User Management - Appian provides an easy solution to provision and de-provision users to the Application.
- Reporting - my organization decided to integrate a separate reporting tool within Appian rather than relying on the reporting capabilities Appian currently has.
- workflow management
- looks good
- easy to use from user's perspective
- integrating with excel
- excel formatting
- database connectivity with DB views
- user inputs
- should be more low code if possible
- reporting should be more visual
- more automation forms should be available
- Work-flow management.
- Reuse of process.
- Document management.
- Process Models - they error in the background and the user does not know and support can fix it at a later time without the user having an issue.
- Support - I have had a good experience with Appian support responding in a timely manner.
- It's a Platform as a Service so the database, code, and application are all available through the same portal.
- It would be good to be able to capture data as an expression from the process modeler rather than the 'Raw' format with square brackets.
- Version Control that supports branching.
- Ability to see the state of child interfaces in the designer.
- Low code automation
- Quarterly upgrades
- Compatibility on multiple platforms
- Easy import of java libraries
- Excellent AWS SaaS platform for workflow automation
- Supports machine learning to make processes more efficient
- Can automate hundreds of end to end processes
- Quite expensive platform starting at $75 per feature per month
- Difficult to implement
- Documents processing
- Intuitive user interface
- Process design
- Events handling is one of the area
- Automate processes like reminders
- Keeping data secure
- Process modeling
- Most of the platform is hard to use
- Difficult for new users
- Little to no explanation on how to do things
- Not very good at advice on use-cases
- Not aesthetically pleasing, especially compared to its competitors
- Online training
- Seamless transition of applications from desktop to mobile.
- Easy to learn low code environment.
- Fitnesse integration
- Google AI integration
- Docusign integration
- Process modeler tool is out dated.
- Appian Community is hard to navigate.
- Reporting tools are lack luster.
- Fast prototyping
- Easy UI design
- Clear project element organization
- More visual representation with variable relationships
- More UI options for color style
- More accurate error handling
- Inventory management
- Resource allocation
- Time management
- User interface
- Navigation from one page to another
- Easy to pick up on how to use the tool by going through a paid class organised by Appian.
- Good documentation on the website to support developers.
- Simplifies business process management so that companies do not have to reinvent the wheel.
- Request for features to fix security findings is generally a slow process.
- Request for features to support business objective is generally a slow process.
- Appian cloud performance lags behind in-house solution.
If performance is critical, Appian will lag behind.
- Migration from legacy systems
- Eliminating legacy approaches
- Automating business processes
- Customer onboarding reports
- Drag-and-drop interface for workflow development greatly speeds our apps' time to market.
- Using the advanced features of Appian, we are able to create working sites in a fraction of the time it would take to do so using traditional development.
- Quick to the market, a real emergency problem solver (e.g., COVID time related apps).
- Build once, deploy anywhere makes it easy to put an application in users' hands, regardless of form factor (desktop, mobile, etc.).
- I would like to see more flexibility in Appian's UI components.
- Appian's RPA capabilities are still growing. I would like to see more user-friendly management/creation of RPA processes.
- Debugging can be difficult, as error messages are not always detailed enough.
- Easy of use
- Friendly interface
- Instant results
- Multiple users editing the same interface
- Process models
- Initial ramp up may be tricky for some
- Workflow management
- Technical engagement with development and business
- Flexible candidate tracking configuration for our specific workflow needs
- Provide enhanced and additional production usage details (similar to Salesforce)
- Expose enhanced and additional production and pre-production environment logs