ClientSuccess Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Samantha Berquist profile photo
ClientSuccess is being used by our Client Success and leadership team to keep track of all moving pieces of our client relationships. We use this daily to track client lifecycle and health leading to a more proactive team.
  • Ties together different pieces of information such as usage, costs, tasks, and health all into one place for easy comprehension.
  • Helps me manage the ClientSuccess team and see what needs to be done client by client before churn.
  • Provides an opportunity to scale our processes by applying playbooks (SuccessCycles) to each client.
  • More flexibility on the usage that is shared to the platform without having to manipulate anything on our end first.
  • Great reporting on Client Pulse (a manually set health metric per client) and would love to see even more reporting on overall health scores (success scores) that tie in additional information.
This platform is extremely useful in creating customer playbooks and allowing our team to scale! Before we were using manually updated excel documents that lived all across our company's drive folder. By centralizing client-specific details the entire company can be on the same page. This is also great at creating a client health score that is updated each morning when I log in to see how our clients are doing and help identify areas that need my attention before it's too late.
Read Samantha Berquist's full review
Kylie McDonald profile photo
It is being used by the Customer Success Team which is just me right now. It addresses concerns about clients. The health of the client, when we last talked to them, what their concerns are, when their contract is up, etc. It has helped me to manage and stay on top of the clients to reach out when needed.
  • Pulse - It is so nice to collect the pulses of my client to know if they are healthy or not. I base a lot of my interactions with clients off of pulse. It shows me how many days it's been since I last had a pulse check on someone and from there I can see if I need to reach out or not.
  • Automated Emails - It's so comforting to know that my clients are being communicated to when I haven't thought to reach out to them. I have set up a lot of automated emails and rules for when they should go out and I've had a lot of clients get in touch with me from it that need.
  • Success Cycles - It has allowed me to set up success cycles for the clients. Because of this, I know exactly how to train them and exactly where they're at in the training process.
  • Score Card - Our company has multiple products that our clients use. There is only the option for one score card so it's hard to get an accurate health score because it's all based on one score card. It would be nice to have multiple score cards like we have multiple success cycles.
  • Emails - It would be nice to be able to send emails from the platform. Also having more freedom in setting up email automation to what rules YOU want not the ones they set for you.
  • Usage - we aren't able to track usage because we have multiple products. It would be nice to be able to integrate all products and be able to track usage from the platform.
ClientSuccess has the best customer success/support I've ever come across. They are extremely attentive about our success and are willing to help with anything I need help with Sam Feil is exceptional at his job ad really takes his time to make sure you are successfully using the product. It is well suited as a CRM for Customer Success Roles- I wouldn't use it as the main CRM for everyone in the company because it's specific to the role of a CSM, not a sales rep.
Read Kylie McDonald's full review
Matt ONeill profile photo
The platform is being used across the organization. We oversee a network of insurance agencies and this platform has really helped us maintain accountability, systematize processes, and foresee any risks impacting our network's membership. We've also used it internally as a training tool for new hires who need to quickly understand who our key clients are and how our relationship is structured with each firm.
  • The Pulse Score is probably my favorite tool. We use that tool monthly to update key client relationships allowing us to quickly save any at-risk accounts.
  • Tracking emails is small but efficient resource. We don't duplicate our work with this feature.
  • The customer service is also really great. Their team has been very quick to respond to questions or challenges we've faced early on as we became comfortable with their product.
  • The only update I would like to see is the ability to reuse success cycles. Once you use a success cycle, you must remove it from the account and apply it again. It would be great to reuse the cycle so we can maintain all of our notes while clients go through the same account management process each year.
I think this is a great tool for any organization that reoccurring revenue - ie. Memberships, Networks etc. If you have a number of one-off contracts, it may not be the best suited for your need but, you could still make do. It's also great for organizations who have clear consistent processes in place once you bring on a new account.
Read Matt ONeill's full review
Christian Kuehne profile photo
At Game Plan we use Client Success to streamline out entire Customer Success efforts. We used client success to keep track of customer activities, set and track KPI's for each account, flag potential issues with accounts, measure account success, and the management of the entire renewal process.

It has helped us streamline and evaluate our efforts throughout the customer lifecycle and effectively management their renewal process all while evaluating CS data for our internal processes and meetings.
  • Renewal management and forecasting.
  • Reporting.
  • Measurement of success.
  • Measuring KPIs and key steps in the customer lifecycle.
  • On- management.
  • As a director, it helps me oversee my team more efficiently.
  • Plug-ins to measure cash/payment cycles.
  • Reporting that goes year-over-year.
Well suited for:
  • Onboarding management.
  • Team management for directors.
  • KPI setting and evaluation.
  • The setting of key steps needed to be performed in each stage of the customer lifecycle.
  • Success evaluation of accounts.
  • Measurement of activities for each customer.
  • Reporting.
Read Christian Kuehne's full review
Shannon Kenedy profile photo
ClientSuccess is the main software platform our Customer Success team utilizes. It has helped us to streamline so many of our previously inefficient account management tactics. It allows us to track our customer interactions (emails, calls, personal), renewal progress updates, understand the needs of our customers at a deeper level by using data to track our KPIs and create/keep track of to-dos to keep the customers on target.

ClientSuccess provides the tool necessary for our team to keep track of each of our accounts on an individual basis in a detailed way never before possible and allows us to stay focused and up-to-date on the over-arching customer outlook in terms of renewals and success cycles.
  • Renewal tracking/Reporting - in Customer Success this is one of the main KPIs of our industry & the way the software platform is designed allows us to easily present this important information to our CEO. The way the data is pulled so easily & in such a visual way allows us to share information that is very important to the company as a whole.
  • Tracking of Customer Interactions - having email integration, the ability to track notes of calls, etc. allows me to easily reference for future interactions. This is KEY to someone who manages 30+ accounts and keeping track of what each customer's concerns or plans are.
  • "Success Score" - having a way to "grade" our customers based on custom fields, embedding usage data with that score, and being able to track when customers are slipping or doing well. As customers constantly fluctuate this allows our team to be alerted of and try and stay ahead of any underlying issues.
  • It takes awhile to onboard everything into the platform to make it custom to your company, for instance, still working on our side to get the usage of our system piped into ClientSuccess to get that information real-time & applied to the Success Score.
It is extremely well suited for a company like ours where each Customer Success Manager manages a lot of different customers and even has the added difficulty of some workers working remotely. It keeps us on track and in sync for how we handle each phase of the customer journey.
Read Shannon Kenedy's full review
Cameron Kinney profile photo
For our organization, we utilize Client Success across our entire Customer Success team. We use it to manage all of our current client relationships, as well as our it's analytics tools to produce documentation and reports for our investment board.

The biggest problems that Client Success solves for us is that it provides a clean, streamlined, and efficient client management system. We are able to house everything from our client contracts to their weekly or daily usage of our products.
  • Client Success allows our team to create the custom variables that we need to accurately describe and categorize our clients. This was something that was missing in our past tools, and it is extremely helpful for our team.
  • Their notification and alert system help both myself and my team stay on top of meaningful triggers and tasks. The great thing is that you are able to customize when you receive a notification, as well as who else on your team should be included.
  • Our company utilizes multiple contract types and income models, and Client Success has allowed us to track all of them in one location while also producing valuable reports based on each category.
  • There are limitations on their suite of integrations. Currently, the support channel that we use (Groove) is not an available integration, so it limits our team's ability to gain insight into support tickets without channel switching.
  • The reporting in Client Success is robust, but fairly rigid and doesn't allow for fully custom reporting based on certain custom variables.
  • There is not the ability to produce a report based on client forecasting which makes certain board facing reports more manual.
Client Success is well suited to both growing and established companies who know what they want and need to track for their clients. With the broad ability to support numerous accounts, have multiple users, and its custom success cycles to map a clients progress, it would be a great solution for any Client Success team.

I think that teams that are unaware of what they need to track wouldn't find Client Success as useful, and organizations that require a large number of custom client descriptions and variables would find certain limitations a barrier to successfully using this tool.
Read Cameron Kinney's full review
Jesse Brightman profile photo
Currently my team is using ClientSuccess to keep track of customer engagements, and get alerts based on actions/inactions, allowing us to:
  • 1. Be more proactive in servicing our customers
  • 2. Get a holistic picture of account health
We are working on running our renewals process/playbooks through ClientSuccess, while also running forecasting out of the system, too.
  • UI - the tool is simple and easy to use. For the most part, everything works as expected
  • Team - the CS and support teams are great to work with
  • CSM DNA - the team has a great DNA and experience in customer success, which shows in their product.
  • ClientSuccess could have a stronger health score capability.
  • ClientSuccess' success cycles do not have dates/timelines that automatically adjust so that if one timeline gets shifted, everything "should" move, but it does not.
  • The salesforce integration could be stronger.
ClientSuccess is great for teams who need to standardize processes and need a high-level view of how a customer is performing, where they are in the lifecycle, and how a customer should be serviced. It's suitable for teams and leaders who want all access to all information.

Where it is less appropriate is for larger account management where you may have many business units under one larger account umbrella.
Read Jesse Brightman's full review
Adam Kuznia profile photo
April 24, 2018

Client Success a go!

ClientSuccess is leveraged by not only multiple layers within the Customer Success team, but used by product and sales teams as well. From a business perspective, it allows us to have a single snapshot of our accounts from renewals, to usage, to contacts, to Zendesk tickets, etc.
  • Top line account usage
  • Customer engagement / communication tracking
  • Account health
  • Renewal management
It's well suited as a mechanism to assist in operationalizing Customer Success within a team. It gives you the tools / modules to ensure you're properly set up for success with your customers.
Read Adam Kuznia's full review
Ashley Correll, CMP profile photo
We currently use ClientSuccess to manage our private client network. We previously did not have a systematic way of tracking correspondence, engagement, or subscriptions and ClientSuccess solved all of those problems. I reached a number of products and found that this service was reasonable in cost and was very easy to implement. The whole process from introduction to up-and-running went very smoothly with the help of our efficient account manager.
  • Allows you to search and sort easily with filters.
  • Has a great "to-do" feature that lets you assign tasks to different team members.
  • Easily helps keep the "pulse" of your clients so you can get real-time feedback on where you are with each account.
  • I'd like to see the expansion of the reporting feature. The more ways to slice & dice data, the better!
  • I'd also like to see the integration of mass email messaging with Outlook. It's something that's in beta-form that I'm looking forward to utilizing.
  • Potentially integrate an accounting feature to invoice directly from the system.
Great for accounts that go through a sales and then onboarding cycle. The best feature is how the account can be automatically updated to start the next phase of your engagement. It's also great for clients that are on a subscription basis. I really like that you can also denote who are "key contacts" so each team member knows who to reach out to.
Read Ashley Correll, CMP's full review
Stephanie Walton profile photo
We use ClientSuccess across our CX team to track communications with our clients (via the email tool) as well as highlight key dates, deliverables, contract information, history of the account, and next steps in our Client Experience process. It's a one-stop shop that pulls in information from multiple sources to give an up-to-date snapshot of status and "temperature" for the multiple clients I manage. Not everything is automated with our systems and I would say an area that could use improvement might be data integration or key metric monitoring, but overall CS is a useful tool to centralize critical client information and actions.
  • "Engagement" tool that tracks emails (easy reference to current state and history for things that may otherwise get lost in inboxes)
  • Salesforce integration: I like that data from Salesforce is fed into my CS client page & there's a quicklink to Salesforce directly if I need more info
  • "MyTeam" "My Company" , etc>>Sorting capabilities allow for easily drilling down content you want to see for clients & the ability to view status in one place
  • Reporting>>I would love for some of my metrics for clients from the SAAS product we sell to be pulled in directly to CS. Currently I have to manually go in and add certain metrics because it doesn't seem like we have a way to connect/integrate this
  • Tasks>>again this is a manual process that would be great to automate in some way or set reminders to input and track tasks (perhaps this is currently available and I have not utilized it or taken the time to go through a tutorial)
  • Tutorials/Email reminders>>perhaps when CS sends me an email that something is missing or needs an update, they could also send the tutorial/short video references for tips, tricks, best practice of how to use that tool (I've heard the tutorials and blog are good, but I don't often go back and browse them, it would be great if these resources came in a more organic way while in the working process)
I think the more clients you have, the more useful CS can be as a tool to track and utilize its project management capabilities. It's probably less useful if you don't have many clients as the manual process to input some of the essential information may be tedious. In terms of collaborating across Sales and CX, I think CS is useful in getting these groups on the same page and setting goals you can track to together as well as keeping in mind critical contract data.
Read Stephanie Walton's full review
Cale Conry profile photo
I use Client Success to help track and report on all activities for all of our non-solutions customers. I track key contacts, touches, Zendesk support tickets, Gmail emails, specified Salesforce fields, and contracts. It is solely being used by our customer success team (currently a team of 3). The business problem it solves is simplifying key metric reporting for account health on onboarding. It acts as our SOT for the customer success team.
  • Key integrations including SFDC, Zendesk, and Gmail. It allows our team to have a single view of the ALL the account activities for all of our customers.
  • It allows us to track the "customer journey" and better understand the metrics for each segment within the journey.
  • Easy reporting...the reporting functionality has enabled us to set some baseline metrics for our team to improve upon over time.
  • I wish the contract edits were more customizable.
I feel, at this time, ClientSuccess may be suitable for a smaller organization, such as my company, Cloud Elements.
Read Cale Conry's full review
We use Clientsuccess for several different SaaS products within our organization, and have about 5 active users. Before ClientSuccess, we had extremely limited visibility on our customer engagement - all we were able to rely on to stay on top of our customer success initiatives were Salesforce fields, activities, and manual email logging. It was so time-consuming and manual keeping track of who to reach out to, and when, as well as viewing product usage and support tickets for each customer.

ClientSuccess Segments and Account pages have empowered us for those tasks, eliminating the manual Excel-sheet tracking and excessive SFDC fields. ClientSuccess Tasks and Renewals have helped us follow up with customers on schedule and keep us organized in our customer outreach and subscription management. We also have extended insight with the thorough reports that ClientSuccess offers, which is invaluable to our executive team.

• ClientSuccess makes it easy for our customer success managers to manage their workflows and provides excellent visibility into our company's customer activity and engagement. We're able to log into CS and regularly check segments of our customers that need to be engaged with on a daily basis, log customer health, and be aware of approaching subscription renewals in order to pay appropriate attention to the right customers.
  • The user interface is easy to use, friendly in design, and quick to learn. They make it look attractive with bright color schemes without overdoing it too much.
  • As a customer success manager myself, I am appreciative of how this tool has kickstarted our fairly-new Customer Success department and made us much more organized and knowledgeable as a customer-facing entity.
  • Their customer success/support teams are excellent as well - which is to be expected. We've felt very well taken care of since we became customers of ClientSuccess.
  • ClientSuccess could improve their integration with Salesforce and other popular software for a more cohesive user experience.
  • I believe ClientSuccess could also grow in accommodating for different SaaS business models - right now the playbooks they provide are very standard and don't necessarily conform to the diversity of our organization and its various products/needs.
  • The performance of the tool (how quick it responds and syncs and bugs) could be improved as well - but I guess that could be said of any great software app!
ClientSuccess is perfect for the growing small-to-medium business like ours. It's simple and easy enough to quickly implement as a starter solution, but also robust enough to support multiple Customer Success teams. It may fall a bit short in terms of an enterprise organization in scale, customization, and flexibility. However, I can see enterprise organizations using different instances of ClientSuccess, perhaps for different departments or sections, if those organizations didn't need overarching analytics.
We utilized ClientSuccess on our customer success team. Ultimately, we stopped using ClientSuccess because we weren't able to get it completely integrated with Salesforce and needed the functionality that provided. I did not personally make that choice. Overall, my experience using ClientSuccess was pretty good. I wanted the search functionality to be improved, but it was easy to log calls and meetings. ClientSuccess was part of my regular day to day.
  • Easy to use and intuitive.
  • Support responded quickly to concerns or questions.
  • Dashboard had a lot of options to get the information desired.
  • For our team specifically, we had a hard time connecting with Salesforce for our renewal information.
  • Searching for particular notes from a meeting or call could be improved. Usually ended up having to just scroll back to approximate dates and select each set of notes. Often there were so many emails mixed in as well that it became difficult and timely. So they may have had it, but I didn't know how to use it properly, but the ability to filter out types of interactions when searching.
For most customer success teams I think they can find value in ClientSuccess. ClientSuccess is continually upgrading and will get better over time. However, there was a lot of functionality that I never used, but I could see the value in what they were providing and the direction they are headed.
ClientSuccess is being used by our Customer Success team. We use it to track our customers on many levels including contract size, perceived happiness, key contacts, and renewal dates. Senior management reviews and provides assistance for customers that need help. We are asked to update information about our customers at least once a month.
  • The product is easy to use with only a small amount of training
  • I like the "My Clients" view that gives a quick snapshot of all of the important information about my clients
  • I like how the "Pulse" functionality guides the user to give a status of the customer happiness and key reasons for that status
  • The Success Cycle functionality is a little cumbersome and difficult to use
  • The integration with Salesforce needs work. Not sure if this is a product issue or the way we implemented the product
We have had success tracking many customers at a high-level and using that tracking for resource allocation. We are not using it to track all communications with our customers, so I cannot speak to that functionality. We are using the integration to Salesforce and JIRA, but we have just recently implemented so I do not have much experience with it.
We mostly use Client Success for our CSM team, and I'm sure who else would be interested... Maybe marketing or sales... ClientSuccess keeps all our CSMs on the same page. It keeps our team focused and our customers engaged. ClientSuccess keeps our CSMs focused and our customers engaged with our product. Growth can cause a company to lose sight of its customers' needs, Client Success puts a cork in that leak.
  • Everything you need in one convenient Dashboard. Something I wish SalesForce would learn.
  • Being able to see upsell opportunities gives our department a clear value and goal.
  • Simple to use, easy to explain.
  • More integrations. We do a lot of copying and pasting to various task managers, CRMs, emails, and marketing platforms.
  • Reporting can feel limited at times, but we make up for it using other tools and spreadsheets in office.
  • Seems a little slow at times, but it could be our customer volume.
Perfect for any growing business that is in need of a way to track customer engagement, retention, upsell opportunities, customer satisfaction, and where your PMs need to focus more attention. If this isn't you, you're either already using ClientSuccess, or you're on a sinking ship. This tool will bring light to cracks in your process that you didn't even know were there. You'll begin to see these cracks within a couple of quarters after setting it up.
June 07, 2017

CS Review

Over the past 2 yrs, our Client Strategy team has been using ClientSuccess help capture the health of our customers. I believe CS does a good job of reducing churn and help drive adoption/engagement.
  • Customer journey - ClientSuccess helps visualize where a customer is in the customer journey.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Good Salesforce integration.
  • Reporting limitations
  • Slow to update information from Salesforce.
ClientSuccess is a great product for Customer Success teams that are wanting to visualize and store customer data in one place.

Role-based user permissions (13)
API (9)
Integration with Salesforce.com (11)
6.1
Integration with Marketo (1)
Integration with Eloqua (1)
Product usage (12)
Help desk / support tickets (10)
NPS surveys (8)
Sponsor tracking (9)
6.7
Customer profiles (15)
Automated workflow (15)
Internal collaboration (14)
6.5
Customer health scoring (15)
Customer segmentation (15)
Customer health trends (13)
Engagement analytics (11)
Revenue forecasting (12)
6.1
Dashboards (15)

About ClientSuccess

ClientSuccess is the relatively new customer success management platform from the relatively new company (2014) of the same name in Lehi, Utah. Dedicated to retaining a SaaS company's subscription customers, the ClientSuccess platform provides total lifecycle tracking and health scoring, integration with Gmail for outreach, health alerts to increase critical engagement when users' interest and comfort level with the product may be flagging, and other features as well. ClientSuccess is backed by seed-stage investment company Peak Ventures and others, to the tune of $1 million thus far.