EMS Software is an enterprise space management, event, class and resource scheduling application acquired and now supported by Accruent in June 2018.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/FU/CQ/BAVLIGMJOL60.JPEGEMS Rocks!EMS is currently being used campus wide. However, we do not permit students to use the system, there isn’t a need for them to do so. The campus users are able to book rooms for meetings, meals, conference and more. We also use the system for the academic side. Having all classes booked within EMS is such a huge help!,Desktop access: I love the book and the calendar. These two tools help me to keep up with all reservations and to quickly access buildings/rooms for booking. Web access: the “random” feature for my clients to use is fantastic. When training campus users I show them this for their reoccurring bookings and it’s like I gave them a million dollars! They are so excited and express how much easier that function is to use. It certainly cuts down on the confusion.,Wizard: i often have issues with this feature. More than likely it’s operator error and I need to become better acquainted with the area, but I do like the idea of it and the ease of copying bookings. Setting reminders for desktop users: it would be nice if you could select multiple users at once instead of one at a time.,10,I would say EMS has had a positive impact upon our campus. Before this system we used email, fax, and inter-office mail to do invoices and catering orders. Each department policed the rooms available for booking. Tremendous change, all for the better.,,10,Unfortunately, we currently do not use these items.,10,200,2,Book Classes-Academic Import Book Rooms for Lectures/Ceremonies, and other events Ensure the proper and timely use of the services offered on campus for the spaces.,I have not found such ways.,I honestly couldn't say.,1,Microsoft 365 Business,No,Price Product Features,I am currently looking for a software that is more user friendly for our campus constituents, and has better customer support.,Don't know,Unsure, was implemented prior to my start here.,5,In-person training,5,5,Depends on which role one tends to play within EMS. I encourage new users to take a test drive before training and some follow that and end up not needing a lesson. However, we do have a couple of handfuls of people that have been using this system for years, and still have no idea what they are doing.,No.,Some - we have done small customizations to the interface,Not at this time.,1,Yes,I cannot. Ever since Accruent took over I have received the worst customer support. When attending the conference I met with a rep who had all these plans to reach out to me and do demo's and get our system upgraded and I never got that call.,The desktop client is easy to use, much easier than the web interface. The web is much more confusing for our campus partners than need be.,Web Based: Booking multiple rooms is daunting. Web Based: No print function Web Based: Cannot always view the contents of the event or wont let the client select services.,Yes, but I don't use it,1,1,1,None,We'd like to integrate our physical plant epac system.,File import/export,5,N/A,5,2,N/A,Pick a different vendor!,Yes,I couldn't even begin to say. I have no idea what the newest upgrade did for us.,I have no expectations.,Yes,NoEMS is the best!It is being used for scheduling trainings and meetings for hospital employees. EMS is used across our campus location and it helps with managing multiple scheduling events and organizes them.,Confirmation tool Notifications Reports I love that things come in instantly, there is often no lag. This is such a productive tool for door signage, online room managing and reservations.,Adding multiple rooms to one booking instead of copying More beginner tutorials on website Less of a cost for upgrades I wish there was a way to combine two rooms into one reservation if they are connected rooms that separate by a wall.,10,Provides structure and communication to clients User-friendly,DPS Outlook Office,10,Our organization uses Outlook to send out calendar invites to event sponsors and it is nice that they can go to their events and add them to their calendar and share invites too. I am pushing my organization to look into digital signage, it is so handy and for the amount of people we are serving for trainings I think that it would be really helpful.,10,400,7,That you cannot double book a room That this is available on the web and user friendly The function works across different softwares,The reporting is great for data and that you can put it into an excel document the room cards are great to help guide people Outlook is great too because my organization uses it widely.,The mobile app would be great for those who are constantly on the go The kiosk is something that I am excited about and hopefully we can get at my organization because when I am away from my desk it can quickly help someone find an available space. we might be able to add rooms on in other parts of the building because it is so effective.,10,Cornerstone Practice Management Software, OneNote,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product,No I would not change my evaluation if I had to do it again.,Don't know,No,Change management was a major issue with the implementation,Upgrade was difficult downloading it to my computer for the first time was difficult too.,8,9,No,When I was getting the software downloaded, my organizational help desk team could not support or help with the troubleshooting. I was able to get support through EMS and they walked me through each step and were really helpful along the way.,The booking process on the Admin side is easy to use I think that it is great that you can add a second contact if there are multiple people involved I think finding data and exporting it is easy to use.,I always forget to add in the everyday user when I am creating an event for someone, it would be nice itf it automatically did that once the first contact has been added. It can be difficult to send change a header or footer. I still can't figure out how to do automatic email reminders.,Yes, but I don't use it,10Learning another Accruent systemIt is being used across the organization but with four separate databases. Academics use it for course scheduling, and Athletics, Event Management and the Medical school use it as well. Some problems we've had include not being able to report on a global scale and not knowing what other departments are doing or areas might be available for use. It's been a problem having different web applications for people to log into depending on the space they are requesting. The API’s are not developed to sync with the systems so each group has to put their own information into EMS.,Ease of Use Reporting (if system is set up correctly) Visual views of bookings Ease of bookings,More API’s especially with Buildings and space management systems Adding emails to out of the box reports for contacts Ability to split the screens within EMS so you can have multiple windows open at a time,9,Don’t have enough experience to answer the ROI... yet.,Microsoft Project,6,I have not integrated it with tools other than Banner.,8New user, but quickly catching onOrganizational wide to reserve over 40 conference rooms and services such as catering, AV and Facilities. We have dispatched the Web App to all users and the Desktop version to Managers and more prolific Executive Assistants.,User templates Catering options Notifications Managing multiple bookings,Easy configuration initially but when it's time for changes it would be helpful to be able to call on someone and not open a help ticket each time Combine Desktop with Web App so both types of users have the same experience. It is difficult to train and update two populations There are some limitations to configurations that I feel are difficult to negotiate such as the parameters,7,Still too new to tell the ROI. Reports and queries are helpful but I have been receiving some not so good feedback from users stating there are too many clicks to make a reservation.,,7,Room signage is helpful and works well for the most part. Have not had any issues integrating with Room Wizard flat panels. Outlook has some stability issues that still need to be worked on. This has not been an issue but for the millennial user, this can be an issue. They are accustomed to doing most things via their calendar.,8,500,3,Scheduling small and large meetings Adding services such as catering, AV and Facilities Hoteling or hot desks,Room Signage Room Swapping or copying exact reservations and services Managed Services Functions,Mobile App Integration Vehicle and driver services,8,iOffice IWMS, Microsoft Access, TechExcel DevSuite,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability,I would spend more time talking about configuration and ongoing support.EMS Equals Functional Success!EMS is used by the School of Medicine by 2K+ users. We manage and maintain over 50K bookings annually for the school in 130+ spaces.,We love the reporting. We run daily and weekly reports which are used by 5 service providers. We add staff set up and take down times to each event. We run monthly metrics and billing reports out of EMS.,We are currently testing the web client. EMS does not work well for Mac Users. We need the web client functionality returned because there is no solution for Mac Users.,9,Extremely positive impact. We have a growth of 60% over the last 5 years, and we would never be able to keep up with the growing demand if we did not have EMS scheduling software. The visibility and user-friendly requesting systems, along with the dashboard capabilities, have made for greater efficiencies.,,9,We are just now purchasing the Outlook module and will be integrating in the next couple of months to Outlook. We are also integrated with Live Whale Software Calendar used by the School of Medicine. Additionally, we are integrated with Carousel Software to Digital Display Signs.,8
EMS Software

EMS Software Reviews

EMS Software
Filter 363 vetted EMS Software reviews and ratings

Peggy Riann Aud profile photo
January 29, 2019

EMS Software Review: "EMS Rocks!"

• Desktop access: I love the book and the calendar. These two tools help me to keep up with all reservations and to quickly access buildings/rooms for booking.
  • Web access: the “random” feature for my clients to use is fantastic. When training campus users I show them this for their reoccurring bookings and it’s like I gave them a million dollars! They are so excited and express how much easier that function is to use. It certainly cuts down on the confusion.
  • Wizard: i often have issues with this feature. More than likely it’s operator error and I need to become better acquainted with the area, but I do like the idea of it and the ease of copying bookings.
  • Setting reminders for desktop users: it would be nice if you could select multiple users at once instead of one at a time.
EMS truly is great software! It has the potential to provide for an entire campus or company. As an event professional, I like to have every event, whether it’s a meeting, meal, conference, or class at my fingertips. The ease of access on the desktop side of EMS is terrific .
Read Peggy Riann Aud's full review
Liane Little profile photo
February 01, 2019

EMS Software Review: "EMS is the best!"

• Confirmation tool
  • Notifications
  • Reports
  • I love that things come in instantly, there is often no lag. This is such a productive tool for door signage, online room managing and reservations.
  • Adding multiple rooms to one booking instead of copying
  • More beginner tutorials on website
  • Less of a cost for upgrades
  • I wish there was a way to combine two rooms into one reservation if they are connected rooms that separate by a wall.
I think it is great that there is no way to double book something, rooms are visible from a web browser and they can easily manage space. The room cards and activity sheets are great too!
Read Liane Little's full review
Jennifer Springstead profile photo
January 30, 2019

EMS Software Review: "Learning another Accruent system"

• Ease of Use
  • Reporting (if system is set up correctly)
  • Visual views of bookings
  • Ease of bookings
  • More API’s especially with Buildings and space management systems
  • Adding emails to out of the box reports for contacts
  • Ability to split the screens within EMS so you can have multiple windows open at a time
It is well suited for the scheduling of classes. It is little challenging to understand at first, but if the parameters are set up correctly it will quickly assist in the scheduling of classes to rooms.
Read Jennifer Springstead's full review
Susan Adams profile photo
January 30, 2019

EMS Software Review: "New user, but quickly catching on"

• User templates
  • Catering options
  • Notifications
  • Managing multiple bookings
  • Easy configuration initially but when it's time for changes it would be helpful to be able to call on someone and not open a help ticket each time
  • Combine Desktop with Web App so both types of users have the same experience. It is difficult to train and update two populations
  • There are some limitations to configurations that I feel are difficult to negotiate such as the parameters

May not be good right now for mobile app use. The Outlook plug-in is not as integrated as stated during the evaluation period. It still has some problems and can cause Outlook to crash. I have received feedback from my colleagues also stating the instability of the Outlook plug-in. It is great for making reservations and adding services through the use of templates.

It is not well suited for granting different access to different user populations.

Read Susan Adams's full review
Lori Freda profile photo
January 02, 2019

EMS Software Review: "EMS Equals Functional Success!"

• We love the reporting. We run daily and weekly reports which are used by 5 service providers.
  • We add staff set up and take down times to each event.
  • We run monthly metrics and billing reports out of EMS.
  • We are currently testing the web client. EMS does not work well for Mac Users. We need the web client functionality returned because there is no solution for Mac Users.
EMS Software is well suited for any organization scheduling multiple spaces to multiple schedulers on a daily basis. However, in higher education, there are many Mac users. Mac users struggle to run reports/confirmations out of the system.
Read Lori Freda's full review
Krysti Carlson Goering profile photo
December 28, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS Saves Money and Time"

We use EMS across our whole university. We use it to schedule academic courses as well as events.
  • Scheduling rooms and controlling traffic in the rooms.
  • It is very helpful for resource providers to schedule their services in reservations within the system.
  • It helps with safety and security by providing transparency of all the events happening on campus so that the university police department can see what’s happening.
  • EMS does not provide a useful tool for scheduling people.
  • Billing multiple clients is difficult for one event.
EMS is extremely useful in scheduling and planning events on campus. One limitation is it t is difficult to schedule and bill multiple organizations/groups that are responsible for one event.
Read Krysti Carlson Goering's full review
Leo Young profile photo
December 21, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Overall, EMS Excels at Space Management"

It's being used by our department primarily, the University Conference Center, to manage our meeting and event spaces, as well as all physical resources (equipment, A/V, etc.) associated with that. We also use this to track and manage our client database. In addition, it allows us to produce our contracts and develop and generate several reporting features that benefit our business.
  • Booking/reservation of space - manages convertible/shared spaces (such as multi-section breakout rooms) exceptionally well.
  • Group/client management - tracking of contacts and associated reservations
  • Reporting - easy to build custom reports and a plethora of useful, standard reports
  • User Interface - could look a little more modern and cleaner
  • Staffing/event coordinator management - develop more support for managerial tracking and support of event planner staff use/reservations
  • Automated report delivery message text - ability to add a email message/body to automated report delivery
Reminders feature works very well as we book, track, and plan for reservations/events - we use Reminders to inform client of and keep track of the payment due date, event layout finalization deadline, and contract due date. We also use many other reminders and will soon start implementing notification reminders to automatically notify clients of similar types of event planning aspects/steps.
Read Leo Young's full review
Brenda Wiegand profile photo
December 21, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Most days EMS saves the day, on the days it doesn't, it is usually user input error."

EMS is being used throughout the entire College. It is our sole reservation system for faculty/staff/student organizations. We also use it to reserve our fleet of vehicles and to reserve our Victorian House (bed & breakfast). We are configuring EMS to be a one-stop shop. Users can order catering, audiovisual services, general services equipment & services, photographer, guest internet codes, police services, etc.
  • Allows users to add everything they need for a successful event
  • No more making endless phone calls to find a room.
  • Confirmation pages are extremely helpful to communicate with users, from confirming a request to asking for more detail
  • Because we keep our general services equipment on EMS, with inventory, I can always direct staff in the right direction of where a sign holder may have been used last. Losing equipment can be a problem. EMS helps with locating.
  • It would be great to have an inventory location field for our resource providers....example: round tables located in warehouse 1, hall 6, cage 8
  • When you add a room or resource there are so many places you need to go to update where that resource should show up. It would be great if you were prompted at the time to add to reports, add to security templates, and so on
We use it for scheduling any time or room, and adding resources makes the user's life easy.
Read Brenda Wiegand's full review
Keeya Faison profile photo
December 18, 2018

Review: "EMS Software Space Scheduling, Booking made Easy-book, confirm and check in from Anywhere"

We use EMS Software to schedule our classes and external room space rentals. We have multiple buildings and use EMS Software differently at each location. EMS Software addresses communication between departments that service internal and external events. It allows department staff to delegate work assignments to the right departments for all internal and external services provided for events, whether it's a class, meeting or training.
  • Books and reserves space for classes, meetings and training easily.
  • Allows you to put in specific services needed for any event.
  • Communicates between departments through reminders and comments sent directly through the software for immediate changes and updates. This is so important to have, as it gives us the opportunity to address changes quickly so we are offering great customer service.
  • The web app has not been the easiest to navigate through. I'm looking to implement the use of the web app for users here in my office, but have not successfully been able to do so.
  • I also feel that we should be able to re-invoice if an event has been billed its final invoice before a room change took place, making the space need more. Right now I don't have the ability to do so.
  • Figuring out all the tabs' functionalities so that my tool bar only shows the ones prevalent to my daily use of the software.

The software is well suited for booking spaces, detailing services and equipment, and invoicing and creating documents such as agreements, confirmations, invoices, etc.

EMS Software does so much to make your daily tasks easier to navigate through, but you can become overwhelmed when you don't know all that it does and how to properly navigate through the configurations.

Read Keeya Faison's full review
Bartholomew Kallgren profile photo
December 18, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Millennial user in an office of Gen X'ers"

EMS is rolled out through our entire university. We have our media center as well as our catering and dining services and we are working on getting our facilities office rolled into the fold. Space reservation was fragmented prior to the implementation of the software.
  • Classroom utilization: this process used to take months to do and now it can be done in a week.
  • Getting granular with particular groups and events to find out any info you need
  • Creating custom templates for web users to grant the access that is applicable to all parties involved
  • Mobile usage for v43 and v44.0 is just non-existent
  • Better ability to use on a Mac! This is a huge downfall as my university is heavy into the Apple ecosystem
  • Managing services can sometimes be difficult as when prices with resources don't always coordinate
For campuses that are fragmented this is a highly useful tool that brought our campus all under one roof for data collection.
Read Bartholomew Kallgren's full review
Barbara St. Michel profile photo
November 24, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Happy to be back with EMS!"

Currently it is being used by a number of departments for scheduling events. Further implementation will increase the number of departments. The most important piece at this point is that classes and events are scheduled in the same database as many of the spaces are shared.
  • EMS is easy to learn and pretty intuitive. It is easy to train new users.
  • EMS allows schedulers to choose a preferred way to interact with the product. Some use visual cues, others drop-down menus. It is great that there is more than one way to access it.
  • We are just started with automated reports. It is a great way to provide event schedules to those who do not use the software.
  • One feature that needs improvement is inventory of resources. When you attempt to assign a resource that is not available at a give time, you receive an alert that it is not available. However, you are allowed to assign that resource. You can generate a report of assigned resources but that is an added step.
  • The size of the text within the software. It is NOT scalable. It is roughly 9 pt. What worked for my eyes ten years ago is now a challenge.
It is great for use in higher education where classes and events can be scheduled in the same database. There are many standard reports plus the ability to create queries when a specific report does not exist (although there is a bit of a learning curve for queries). I couldn't imagine going back to the paper and pencil method of scheduling. The ability to automate reports as well as to easily update reports is very important.
Read Barbara St. Michel's full review
Ryan Benjamin profile photo
November 17, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS is a Life-Saver"

EMS is used in the University of Kentucky more than any university in the nation. We utilize EMS for all of our buildings across campus and eventually our medical center. The software assists us with schedule, logistical planning, and risk management.
  • Simple Use
  • Efficient
  • Effective
  • The look of the program
  • Adjust more to the needs of our requests
  • Integrate with more external programs and softwares
The efficiency aspect of the program simply cannot be more helpful. Our office is currently doing what some entire departments do with 2 people.
Read Ryan Benjamin's full review
Brennan Carter profile photo
November 06, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS: Event planning made easy"

We utilize EMS at our student center to help manage and schedule all of our event spaces on campus. It used by our department and our department alone. The registrar's office utilizes 25Live. EMS helps us keep track of our events in a nice organized fashion and helps make life easy as an event planner, especially with the automated reports.
  • EMS Software is very easy to read if you're trying to get a quick scope of what is going on in your facilities.
  • The system is super easy to use, manage and customize.
  • Teaching others to utilize EMS is easy as user.
  • There are a lot of underutilized features I wish I knew were apart of the software from the beginning.
  • The book interface could be cleaner.
  • Other than that I enjoy using EMS.
EMS is the perfect software for planning events on a college campus. It is easy to book all spaces whether academic, outdoor or venue spaces.
Read Brennan Carter's full review
Trish Lofton profile photo
November 06, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS - it truly is a one size fits all software!"

We use EMS on a department level for room scheduling in our student center. In addition to scheduling, we can provide room usage reports to upper university management.
  • Invoicing
  • Reports
  • Scheduling
  • Make it easier to select multiple rooms on a reservation
  • Create a common list of reports
  • Easier every day user interface
EMS is the perfect solution for room scheduling. There is no worry about double-booking a room, which is a costly mistake for any business. The software is capable of running so many reports for day-to-day usage as well as future projections in income.
Read Trish Lofton's full review
Rachel Rosado profile photo
February 08, 2019

EMS Software Review: "Great for complex Payroll!"

Is it being used for an all around platform for all of our accounting needs. We use it for AP/Payroll/AR and general journal entries.
  • Enters diverse pay rates in working with several unions.
  • Great for in-house Payroll for small or mid size companies.
  • Allowing for Multiple Account payable batches to be created simultaneously.
  • More user friendly for reporting.
  • Minimize the number of screens for inputting of accounts payable. No need for multiple screens for this.
  • Allow for more filters to be created for reporting purposes.
It’s great for manual entry of payroll for smaller companies. It’s not that great for salaried employees in bigger companies.
Read Rachel Rosado's full review
Kristi Lacombe profile photo
February 04, 2019

Review: "EMS software is a great tool for any company scheduling space."

We use the software to book space in 1 department on campus. It keeps our rooms' schedule and also provides us with utilization and sales reports.
  • We can build in setup time so that we have enough time to rearrange rooms between meetings.
  • We have a uniform way to book rooms.
  • We have a built in approval process for the meetings requested.
  • We can track inventory to prevent over booking.
  • We currently do not have a need for any other functions. It manages our room booking and provides us with plenty of reports that are useful in the business world.
We are able to do our billing for meetings and scheduling all in the same system. This helps to eliminate errors in having to enter into 2 separate systems.
Read Kristi Lacombe's full review
Brian White profile photo
January 29, 2019

EMS Software Review: "I love EMS and think you should too"

Our college has primarily used this to schedule all events and catering in campus. It primarily ran non athletic events, and we are now implementing the EMS course scheduling for the optimizations. A few specific departments really use it, primarily performing arts, and catering. Everyone else on campus uses it but not to its fullest extent and not if they can manage to not use it (no services or publicity required). The Grant and community outreach folks have finally discovered its usefulness for their reporting by principal investigators and for auditing purposes.
  • Room optimization
  • Parity for all users
  • Reporting
  • HVAC integration
  • Support (recent not past)
  • Customization of reports ( crystal or similar)
  • I sometimes feel like it would be interesting to get sandboxed versions of other users' really well implemented environments for others to look at. And probe into.
I feel like the key is to have the top admin. Higher education support without it a full implementation with all of the features is almost dead on arrival. User acceptance is the biggest hurdle in my mind, it lends itself to being used in many different ways if you are willing to think outside the box and let it manage your resources.
Read Brian White's full review
Jason Miller profile photo
December 28, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS in a nutshell"

We use EMS to coordinate and manage our events, room bookings, room configurations, and scheduling.
  • Scheduling of space.
  • Monetizing use in areas that were previously difficult to monetize.
  • Resolving scheduling conflicts.
  • Ease of use
  • Web client for administration would help with compatibility. Many of our marketing folks use Macs and there isn't currently a client for Macs.
  • Make it easier to customize the look and feel.
  • Better verbiage in various areas of the client... maybe a frequently used box.
Well suited for space management, hot desking, even parking assignments. Less appropriate for on-demand scheduling, "need it in five minutes" type of things... at least in our current configuration.
Read Jason Miller's full review
Kristi Finger profile photo
December 26, 2018

EMS Software Review: "It does what we need it to do - and probably a LOT more!"

My department (Event Services) uses EMS for space reservations and managing resources. It is being used predominantly by the Catering Department and us. There are a couple of other colleges and one other department on campus that use the software, but it is not used campus-wide. We only share a database with Catering.
  • It is very robust.
  • It is very "customizable".
  • I am a basic user of this software. I know how to use it to do my job, but - I don't know what I don't know. I know there is some functionality that we haven't fully utilized based on the conference I just attended. I now need to try and unpack the information I learned recently to better use what currently exists before I can provide suggestions for improvement.
EMS is very well suited for room reservations and resource management. The reminders, comments, and confirmation communication are integral in getting all the details and following up with customers to make sure that student organizations are complying with policies, and that all of our customers have a good experience in our building.
Read Kristi Finger's full review
Matt Dinnan profile photo
October 29, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Happy to be using EMS"

EMS is the system of record for all University space. It is used for all academic class reservations, for all internal departmental and student space requests, and for external program events. The platform is used by support services as well, including catering, media, service departments and for external contracting and invoicing.
  • Identifies available space by attributing needs and optimizes facility usage.
  • Provides the end user with a system of record for current and future requests.
  • Provides a full scope of event needs for end user, including space, date, time, catering, media and other services.
  • Provides University with report data.
  • Need to roll out Apple platform usage. Many end users in Higher Ed use Mac and are looking to use EMS on the go.
  • We currently use social tables as a room layout for event preparation and takedown. Works well as an attachment but would like EMS to better partner with such a service.
Well suited for academic classroom management and facilty reservation management.

Invoicing and contracting are a bit "clunky."

Catering menu visuals need to be more appealing to the end user.
Read Matt Dinnan's full review
December 18, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Parking Perks Delivered with EMS!"

Our department, Parking & Transportation Services, is currently using EMS to assign and reserve parking operations for small and large-scale events. We are able to assign both garage and surface spaces as well as utilize staffing and request signage, cones, barricades and other resources.
  • Use rooms as assigned parking locations: We are able to use the rooms & buildings functions to our advantage by naming them as different parking locations. Example: we use the building 'streets' to assign specific permit areas on popular streets around campus. We use the building 'garages' to assign parking for our 11 different garages.
  • Maintain inventory of our spaces: The inventory option has proven to be very useful in assisting us with assigning parking for multiple events on the same day. We have set the maximum number of spaces for each room and the alerts let us know if we are overbooking an area.
  • Automated reports: We have multiple divisions within our department that assist with ensuring parking is successful. An example is our Enforcement division, who assists with placing cones in reserved spaces. They do not use EMS to look up events and resource needs, so we have set a report to be automatically run and delivered to them daily. This report pulls the necessary details, including associated notes, so that this division can execute what is needed.
  • I would personally like to be able to upload attachments to a Client's profile. We have external clients in our database, and there are documents that would be better utilized if they could be stored in the Client's profile and retrieved as needed instead of the client having to submit with each request.
  • Having the ability to copy or move a Contact to a new Client would also be nice. I'm sure that many EMS users experience the movement of an employee from one division/department to another. The way EMS is currently configured requires the entry of a Contact into their new Client profile, which generates a duplicate Contact message. It would be nice to have the ability to add/remove a Contact within the database of Clients with just a few clicks.
Since we only use the software for parking-related needs, I don't have much feedback in this area. I did meet a few users at EMS Live that utilize the software for parking as well, but we knew little of other operations. The four of us did agree that we find the program useful based on our working knowledge.
October 29, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS 44.1 has major perks!"

EMS is used across the FDA organization for meeting room reservations and hoteling. By using EMS, users are able to confidently reserve a space for private meetings with colleagues, business officials and reserve temporary workspace for themselves with confidence that the space will be available for them when they show up at the reserved time.
  • EMS makes is very simple to find rooms for multiple dates in a recurring meeting. Since users at our organization tend to book rooms far in advance, the same room isn't always available for the complete duration of a recurrence and with EMS conflict resolution it allows the users to find an alternate room for an unavailable date with a few simple clicks without having to leave the current reservation.
  • EMS notifications are great for our users to remind them that they have spaced reserved. It's that extra reminder sometimes that pushes the user to cancel any reserved rooms that they no longer need. This enables the room to be reserved by others which is very valuable at the FDA.
  • The new ability to select and reserve a room from Browse Locations in 44.1 is a time saver and is very valuable to our users. Often times people need a last minute room which can be hard to find at the FDA, so to provide them with a schedule view of all rooms and find an opening and select it is very convenient and makes the process less time consuming.
  • I do wish that EMS Room Sign App had some simpler ways to authenticate users. We would love to have the End Now button activated on our Signs, but do not feel confident that other users won't use it inappropriately. If there was a simple way to authenticate without RFID or a card reader that would be a huge help. Perhaps a authentication code attached to the meeting reservation?
EMS Web App and EMS for Outlook are great with conflict resolution so that the users can always be confident that the room they are booking will not have any conflicts. Furthermore, when making a recurring reservation the users can find alternate rooms on dates that are unavailable at the same time as making the initial reservation.
October 26, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Easy Peasy Software"

Our entire catering department uses EMS. We are the only approved caterer allowed in the building so I have configured our menu into the system so it’s easier to input information for the BEOs. We also use it for forecasting, billing, and sales reports.
  • I love the copy and paste feature. This has helped me tremendously and saved a lot of time during the booking process.
  • Being able to book multiple dates at one time has really benefited our department. Since our availability fills up so fast this ensures that our customers are taken care of for future events as well as current events.
  • Query builder is something that I have just started using. I love this feature because it allows me to see what items on our catering menu are selling the most and I can also see the sales that are being generated by each employee.
  • Running reports is very easy in EMS. I love how you can customize them to fit your needs.
  • Billing has been an issue for us. Using different payment methods is an amazing feature, but it doesn't always work. We use CVI and BRS payment accounts and sometimes the software will let us use one of each and then the next it will only let us use two CVIs or 2 BRSs. The inconsistency makes it hard for our customers when it comes to the payment process.
  • Invoices locking after payment is something that we have struggled with from day one. I understand that this is for security reasons, but I feel that it should be up to the user.
I believe that EMS is well suited for for a variety of users and it can be configured in many different ways that can benefit your company.
October 22, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Scheduling software that is easy to use with room to grow with your business"

The software is used for scheduling of spaces within a performing arts center. We use it to schedule rooms for performances, conferences, receptions, dinners, etc. It is used by the Operations department, Front of House, Technical production and Building and Facilities staff. It is also used by the programming department to book artists for the venue. We also use the software to collect labor and performance cost and invoicing after events.
  • Room scheduling
  • Flexibility in user interfaces
  • Multiple booking in one room - a must for performing arts programming
  • Customizable report creation by the end user - VERY INFLEXIBLE
  • 3-day view to add to the 1 and 7. 3 days is a performance period and again, important for performing arts programming.
I feel it is well suited for a conference center, classroom settings, or settings where the room is either booked or not. The immediate check out of a room, and users booking their own spaces or making requests are great features. In the case of performing arts where the bookings are fluid it is not as flexible to the needs of this industry.
February 08, 2019

Review: "EMS Software at a Higher Education Campus"

EMS Software is used by our campus to manage most academic spaces and other event spaces. We use it as a risk management tool as well as to avoid event conflicts with classes. It has enabled us to be prepared for multiple large events on campus as well as to mitigate anyone who is advertising an event on campus without reserving the space.
  • EMS is user-friendly. The program for both the administrators and the end web user is pretty straightforward and easy to use.
  • EMS is very customizable for all of the different entities who use the software.
  • EMS has useful reports, and even custom reports can be created.
  • EMS has almost too many customizable features. Some of the custom functions can be done at different levels, but do the same thing, so it's hard to determine what part of the process to customize.
  • EMS Support isn't always the best for the end user who does not have access to the back end database or knowledge of the database functions.
  • The custom reports are missing a feature to pull a report when the status of the booking has changed.
EMS is well suited for academic, corporate, and office sharing spaces. It has many different integrations that can be made, including locking doors and controlling HVAC units. It is useful for booking rooms on demand and also for requesting rooms.

About EMS Software