EMS Software is an enterprise space management, event, class and resource scheduling application acquired and now supported by Accruent in June 2018.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/FU/CQ/BAVLIGMJOL60.JPEGBucknell University ReviewEMS is used across our institution. We use it for managing all classes and event spaces. We also use it to communicate needs with service providers - catering, event and classroom tech support, facilities, card services, guest housing, public safety, transportation, and card services.,EMS allows us to communicate with our campus partners in a number of ways - via auto reporting, notifications or reminders, depending on the preference of each user/group. The customer service team is always well versed and extremely helpful in knowing the software so they can help us tailor the system to best suit our needs when we have questions. Reporting options are really flexible. Having the option to create queries outside of the canned report options is truly helpful.,One area that needs to be better developed or looked into is the Master Calendar. As universities continue to looks for ways to provide one-stop shopping, it would be helpful to have a place that easily streamlines event data and event marketing in one place. Students want to go to one place to see events and plan events. Master Calendar was a good start but it is ancient and very disjointed from EMS. We would love to have the webclient back. We have several users that use an ipad or apple computer and the webclient allowed that functionality. One area for improvement is managing system changes. As the EMS administrator for the university, it would be great to be able to add a new building or category to EMS and add those items to all existing templates, reports, etc in one place.,10,We have seen a significant cost savings in time management. The time it takes to communicate about event needs as a whole is drastically reduced through use of the software. The system allows us to do a significant amount of reporting, reducing the need to export and/or manually manipulate the data to get reports regarding events, resources, classes, etc.,,8,Workday - we use the HR Toolkit to pull in faculty/staff and their departments /account number. We use Workday for HR and Finance Operations. We used Banner for these operations previously. We are currently trying to fix a few errors in the transition from Banner to Workday and its effect on the HR Tookit integration. Banner - we still use banner for the academic import of classes into EMS. ModoLabs - we pull events in Modo Labs for faculty/staff/students so they can go to one mobile place to see events for each day.,9EMS Rocks!EMS is currently being used campus wide. However, we do not permit students to use the system, there isn’t a need for them to do so. The campus users are able to book rooms for meetings, meals, conference and more. We also use the system for the academic side. Having all classes booked within EMS is such a huge help!,Desktop access: I love the book and the calendar. These two tools help me to keep up with all reservations and to quickly access buildings/rooms for booking. Web access: the “random” feature for my clients to use is fantastic. When training campus users I show them this for their reoccurring bookings and it’s like I gave them a million dollars! They are so excited and express how much easier that function is to use. It certainly cuts down on the confusion.,Wizard: i often have issues with this feature. More than likely it’s operator error and I need to become better acquainted with the area, but I do like the idea of it and the ease of copying bookings. Setting reminders for desktop users: it would be nice if you could select multiple users at once instead of one at a time.,10,I would say EMS has had a positive impact upon our campus. Before this system we used email, fax, and inter-office mail to do invoices and catering orders. Each department policed the rooms available for booking. Tremendous change, all for the better.,,10,Unfortunately, we currently do not use these items.,10Museum Venue uses EMS for Internal Department Communication & Special Event PlanningWe use EMS for two purposes. Each department in our museum uses EMS to book meeting spaces and plan their own internal events or events on behalf of the museum. I work in the Culinary/Special Events department. We work with external clients to plan private events at the museum. We use EMS during our whole process. We create bookings, build BEOS and invoice through EMS. EMS helps everyone know what is happening in the building at any given time. We have many people and programs at the museum at any given time and we're able to give internal departments ability to see everything that is happening. We also use it as a communication tool. We have programmed several notifications that notify specific departments about reservations and resources. We also use the reporting function every day across departments.,Allows us to create specific reports for each department. For example, each month we report on financial earnings based on external events. EMS allows us to pull events based on parameters we set. We are able to create resources specific to what we provide as a museum. For example, we can put completely customized menus into EMS. There is a lot of freedom in creating new resources. We have many various event spaces as well as "non-building" items that need to be booked as rooms. For example, we have hundreds of tours that go through our building. We are able to set up tours as "rooms" and our staff is able to view the tours going on the same way they could view meeting rooms or event spaces. We also utilize this for van reservations.,It would be helpful if we could create multiple invoices per reservation. Currently, we can only create 1 invoice per event. So if a client needs a zero balance invoice, we can't send them a formal invoice. We have to send them a Summary of Charges. Once their payment is processed, then we can process the official invoice. We have to use separate ticketing software for our museum. It would be helpful if EMS could talk to ticketing software or if it eventually had a ticketing function. It would be helpful if EMS could also talk to staffing software or have a staffing function.,9,EMS saves us time in offering one place where all departments can store information about upcoming events. All departments have access to EMS and can store their information there. EMS allows us to track revenue on a monthly and yearly basis allowing us to create reports we then use for decision making. For example, we were able to to determine revenue gained and use that data to predict future revenue. EMS reporting allows us to provide a large overview of events taking place in our museum on a daily basis . We send out a Daily Calendar Report to our Protection Services Staff and Guest Services staff. They are then able to give a summary to their employees in their daily debrief meetings.,9,We haven't- we want to try the Outlook integration if possible! Still needing approval on this.,8EMS is the only solution for your organizationWe primarily use EMS software to manage and book conference rooms. Clients within our organization book over 15,000 meetings per year. They can also select services and resources like AV equipment, or request a technician. For larger events, we use EMS as an event management tool for organization of event services and billing to clients after the event. Other departments use EMS to support our conference rooms, whether it’s catering to verify order locations, setup/cleanup staff, facility maintenance, etc.,The customization and configuration options of EMS are unparalleled. There are so many options for permission settings that can be unique for each department’s needs. EMS has excellent customer service. Their support staff is incredibly approachable and knowledgeable. My issues are always resolved with a friendly attitude. The EMS Live conference is a great place to network with other users to compare tips and best practices. I always leave the conference with new ideas to implement. EMS audits and tracks the history of each reservation, which is helpful when users cannot remember when or why they cancelled or modified their booking. It’s easy to show them their history with comments and email confirmations as proof that changes were not arbitrary or by mistake.,There are no areas for improvement as I see it with EMS.,10,I have been able to use statistic reports generated by EMS to find efficiencies within the product and our organization. As an example of this, I found that our number of bookings had grown from a 8,000 to over 16,000 in just three years, with one staff member booking and managing all of those reservations. With that growth info, I was able to make a case to push clients to self book their reservations and cut down on the workload to my team. Now, of the 16,000 meetings, my staff books 40% of them and clients self book 60%. I have been able to use utilization reports generated by EMS to influence decisions within my organization. The reports tracked when our rooms were utilized the most by room size, time of day, etc. With those trends I could show that our large rooms were being utilized 80-90% of the time and when I showed this to our leadership, they modified some of their meeting times and frequency. When planning for future upgrades to the medical center, they could show that we have a scarcity of conference space and make strategic decisions to increase conference and meeting areas.,10,10My EMS SnapshotEMS schedules all of our facility space for Carmichael Complex. It is a 350,000 square foot wellness center that houses informal recreation, academic classes and varsity athletics. All facility spaces are in EMS for users (internal and external) to reserve space. EMS helps us reserve, schedule and bill organizations for utilizing Carmichael Complex.,Web Requests: Our organization uses web requests from two different groups (1. Academics 2. Programming). It allows the user to easily find and request space. On the back end it is easy for our Reservations Manager to view, modify and confirm the requests. Dashboard: The Dashboard feature has been a great resource for our organization. We have built work flow processes and integrated them into the Dashboard. This allows our Reservations Manager to know where all the requests or changes to requests stand. Room Availability Navigation from Desktop Client: Carmichael Complex is comprised of 350,000 square feet (3 indoor buildings) and 18 acres (3 outdoor complexes) we have to manage. The Desktop Client allows to easily see what is available and navigate through days, weeks and months at a time.,Visually Intimidating: As the supervisor of the staff utilizing EMS on a day-to-day basis, I only am in the system 2-3 days a week. Therefore, I am a novice user and I do not have the experience of using the product a lot. When I first started using the software, it was visually intimating with all of the tabs, drop downs, and options. It seemed very complex and not easy to navigate. It has gotten easier with more experience, but it is not my favorite interface. G Suite Integration: Our institution is a G Suite client so we are excited about the possibilities once the G Suite Integration happens later this year! We had difficulties with individuals reserving space on Google Calendar and not reserving it through EMS. Tutorials: It would be helpful to have access to tutorial videos to help individuals who do not use the software everyday. I am a fan of the 24/7 customer service support. It has been helpful.,8,Billing: The EMS Software has allowed us to reserve and bill clients all from one software. Efficiency: The EMS Software has increased productivity of the staff who use EMS everyday. They have found ways to approve users requests faster and improve customer service. Add-Ons: As more and more add-ons and integrations, I worry about the upcharge on all of the products and software extensions.,,8,Google Calendar: Our entire institution is on G Suite. The more we could use this; the more comfortable our users would be for booking conference spaces. Digital Signage: In a world where revenue generation is key, I think the digital signage will be key for not only way finding and information, but the ability to offer organizations the ability to display advertisements in high traffic areas will be beneficial.,5
EMS Software

EMS Software Reviews

EMS Software
Filter 361 vetted EMS Software reviews and ratings

Dana Mims profile photo
October 09, 2018

EMS Software: "Bucknell University Review"

• EMS allows us to communicate with our campus partners in a number of ways - via auto reporting, notifications or reminders, depending on the preference of each user/group.
  • The customer service team is always well versed and extremely helpful in knowing the software so they can help us tailor the system to best suit our needs when we have questions.
  • Reporting options are really flexible. Having the option to create queries outside of the canned report options is truly helpful.
  • One area that needs to be better developed or looked into is the Master Calendar. As universities continue to looks for ways to provide one-stop shopping, it would be helpful to have a place that easily streamlines event data and event marketing in one place. Students want to go to one place to see events and plan events. Master Calendar was a good start but it is ancient and very disjointed from EMS.
  • We would love to have the webclient back. We have several users that use an ipad or apple computer and the webclient allowed that functionality.
  • One area for improvement is managing system changes. As the EMS administrator for the university, it would be great to be able to add a new building or category to EMS and add those items to all existing templates, reports, etc in one place.
EMS is a great tool for managing campus space and events. It is also well suited to manage service providers as they relate to events (though there are some restrictions for catering). It is however not the easiest to use to market those events, even though all of the event data is stored there.
Read Dana Mims's full review
Peggy Riann Aud profile photo
October 09, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS Rocks!"

• Desktop access: I love the book and the calendar. These two tools help me to keep up with all reservations and to quickly access buildings/rooms for booking.
  • Web access: the “random” feature for my clients to use is fantastic. When training campus users I show them this for their reoccurring bookings and it’s like I gave them a million dollars! They are so excited and express how much easier that function is to use. It certainly cuts down on the confusion.
  • Wizard: i often have issues with this feature. More than likely it’s operator error and I need to become better acquainted with the area, but I do like the idea of it and the ease of copying bookings.
  • Setting reminders for desktop users: it would be nice if you could select multiple users at once instead of one at a time.
EMS truly is great software! It has the potential to provide for an entire campus or company. As an event professional, I like to have every event, whether it’s a meeting, meal, conference, or class at my fingertips. The ease of access on the desktop side of EMS is terrific .
Read Peggy Riann Aud's full review
Allegra Pierce profile photo
October 03, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Museum Venue uses EMS for Internal Department Communication & Special Event Planning"

• Allows us to create specific reports for each department. For example, each month we report on financial earnings based on external events. EMS allows us to pull events based on parameters we set.
  • We are able to create resources specific to what we provide as a museum. For example, we can put completely customized menus into EMS. There is a lot of freedom in creating new resources.
  • We have many various event spaces as well as "non-building" items that need to be booked as rooms. For example, we have hundreds of tours that go through our building. We are able to set up tours as "rooms" and our staff is able to view the tours going on the same way they could view meeting rooms or event spaces. We also utilize this for van reservations.
  • It would be helpful if we could create multiple invoices per reservation. Currently, we can only create 1 invoice per event. So if a client needs a zero balance invoice, we can't send them a formal invoice. We have to send them a Summary of Charges. Once their payment is processed, then we can process the official invoice.
  • We have to use separate ticketing software for our museum. It would be helpful if EMS could talk to ticketing software or if it eventually had a ticketing function.
  • It would be helpful if EMS could also talk to staffing software or have a staffing function.
EMS is well suited to event venues that have several rental space options. You are able to view multiple areas at the same time so you're able to see multiple reservations at the same time. It also serves as a useful communication tool across departments. We have 200+ employees and several employees in each department have access to EMS. We're able to add notes and comments that can be seen by all necessary parties without having to use another tool such as a google sheet or shared document. In our venue, most of our services are in house (catering, facilities, av, etc.). EMS allows us to add all of those details into one space.

I found it was less useful in a venue that only had one main event space. It was still somewhat useful for creating BEOs, but we did not need EMS to it's full extent. We also only had 4 employees so communication was less difficult.
Read Allegra Pierce's full review
Kate Scott profile photo
October 03, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS is the only solution for your organization"

• The customization and configuration options of EMS are unparalleled. There are so many options for permission settings that can be unique for each department’s needs.
  • EMS has excellent customer service. Their support staff is incredibly approachable and knowledgeable. My issues are always resolved with a friendly attitude.
  • The EMS Live conference is a great place to network with other users to compare tips and best practices. I always leave the conference with new ideas to implement.
  • EMS audits and tracks the history of each reservation, which is helpful when users cannot remember when or why they cancelled or modified their booking. It’s easy to show them their history with comments and email confirmations as proof that changes were not arbitrary or by mistake.
  • There are no areas for improvement as I see it with EMS.
EMS is perfect for small organizations all the way up through global corporations to manage and book everything from desk space to conference rooms to classrooms and even resources.
Read Kate Scott's full review
Stephen Tucci profile photo
October 03, 2018

EMS Software Review: "My EMS Snapshot"

• Web Requests: Our organization uses web requests from two different groups (1. Academics 2. Programming). It allows the user to easily find and request space. On the back end it is easy for our Reservations Manager to view, modify and confirm the requests.
  • Dashboard: The Dashboard feature has been a great resource for our organization. We have built work flow processes and integrated them into the Dashboard. This allows our Reservations Manager to know where all the requests or changes to requests stand.
  • Room Availability Navigation from Desktop Client: Carmichael Complex is comprised of 350,000 square feet (3 indoor buildings) and 18 acres (3 outdoor complexes) we have to manage. The Desktop Client allows to easily see what is available and navigate through days, weeks and months at a time.
  • Visually Intimidating: As the supervisor of the staff utilizing EMS on a day-to-day basis, I only am in the system 2-3 days a week. Therefore, I am a novice user and I do not have the experience of using the product a lot. When I first started using the software, it was visually intimating with all of the tabs, drop downs, and options. It seemed very complex and not easy to navigate. It has gotten easier with more experience, but it is not my favorite interface.
  • G Suite Integration: Our institution is a G Suite client so we are excited about the possibilities once the G Suite Integration happens later this year! We had difficulties with individuals reserving space on Google Calendar and not reserving it through EMS.
  • Tutorials: It would be helpful to have access to tutorial videos to help individuals who do not use the software everyday. I am a fan of the 24/7 customer service support. It has been helpful.
EMS Software has been well suited for our reservation process. It has helped simplify the process for academics to reserve teaching spaces within our organization. Additionally, it has allowed our internal programming staff to look up, request and reserve space for their programs. It has taken a lot of pressure off of our Reservations Manager who could have up to 150+ requests every day.
Read Stephen Tucci's full review
Jessica Wegner profile photo
October 02, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Not hesitant to recommend to others!"

EMS is being used by my whole organization. It provides a link to our academic database to room scheduling; offers end users self-service options; consolidates event planning to a one-stop shop environment; offers students an opportunity to schedule assessments; increases productivity in service departments

• Room Scheduling - there are no questions about what rooms are being used on our campus! Great product to provide data for utilization and change management.
  • EMS Support - Each time I've called the team, they have been responsive and helped us problem solve small and large issues.
  • Communicating the company road map. They help our organize goals for the future; however, are also great in working with clients at various editions of the program.
  • Connecting clients in regions. Love the regional meetings. Would like to see more or assistance in connecting more with people in my region. Willing to talk up the product!
  • Master Calendar training/user guides. I feel this is a weak link. Hard to make progress if you don't have a computer programming/html/CSS background.
  • Frustrated that the 1st contact (AKA faculty member) that comes over from either an academic import utility or our academic planning sync does not list this person automatically as the web user. Tied to overall group "Registrar" instead. Blocks us from having faculty do self service for categories unless we manually enter all of the web users.
I think it's well suited for higher education. Less appropriate and frustrating for campuses who do not adopt it as a whole right away. I also find it a challenge for groups who want to take online payments through the web application. Also challenging for those who want to take care of other event planning details like registration.
Read Jessica Wegner's full review
Maurice B. Stewart, MSOL profile photo
October 02, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS is great!!"

We use the EMS software to schedule our conference spaces to nonprofit groups in the Greater Cincinnati region and internal clients. I allows us to streamline our scheduling of our conference rooms and it helps keep us organized as to prevent double bookings. We use the software to invoice clients as well.
  • EMS doe a great job with allowing you to book meetings instantly using the booking. We have many nonprofit groups who have last minute requests and using the booking to make these last minute requests is very helpful.
  • EMS does a great job with editing multiple reservations using the reservation wizard function. When clients want the change the ending time to a group of bookings, We can use the wizard to perform the changes quickly and efficiently.
  • EMS does a great job at creating invoices for clients who use multiple services. We use to use excel to create invoices. Since implementing EMS, we are able to easily invoice clients via email after their meetings.
  • EMS often crashes when too many windows are open often during critical times. A fix for this would be greatly appreciated
  • EMS Web client could use an update that lets client add meetings to their calendars flawlessly.
EMS is well suited for handling a group of bookings using the wizard function. EMS is also well suited for handling reservations from outside groups using the web client.

EMS is not suited well for Outlook integration in my opinion. Clients often get their reservations added to the wrong date in their Outlook calendars. This results in people showing up for meetings that were not scheduled that day.
Read Maurice B. Stewart, MSOL's full review
Lynn Langston profile photo
October 02, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS is a robust database system that needs an interface update"

EMS is used across multiple campus departments but not all departments. We are making moves as a university to move toward one universal system. I manage one area within the OIT that deals with video production and a media facility. EMS allows booking of rooms and services through one platform.
  • The consultants are very good and willing to help.
  • It has multiple pricing plans and rate schedules that allows for complex pricing.
  • The wizard provides tools to help repeat reservations and bookings.
  • All the information for a single reservation can't be accessed in one window without running a report. I would like to see one screen that includes all bookings and resources. Bonus if those features were also editable from the comprehensive window/view.
  • It can be slow. It sometimes takes time to open up booking and resource details. I want the system to work as fast as I can.
  • Calculations need to become an option on net reporting. We run more reports to try to capture this missing data.
EMS makes it easy for a requester to book space or services. When a user has to edit a complex reservation, it can be difficult for them to understand where they need to make changes or updates.
Read Lynn Langston's full review
Mike Kraiman profile photo
October 02, 2018

Review: "EMS Software Saves Schedulers at the University of Oregon"

The University of Oregon is preparing to use EMS Software for event and class scheduling across our entire campus. Initial users will include the registrar's office, scheduling and event services, our alumni center and our business school; we hope to roll it out to additional departments within the next couple of years. This application and anticipated integration with other software will help aggregate our school's activities in a single source for better communication of information to customers and use by risk management services.
  • The graphic user interface is well-designed and intuitive, which promotes productivity.
  • It provides workflow functionality for schedulers and service providers to efficiently relay event details and status.
  • The user-defined fields add the ability to customize reservation and space records to better meet campus business needs.
  • Bookings contain a limited number of standard time fields (event start, event end, setup time, teardown time); more options here are desirable.
  • Resource records are not as robust as some of the other areas, and could benefit from additional standard and user-defined fields.
  • Applying blackouts to spaces (to prevent bookings during certain times) appears to be a challenge: we believe it can be done, but the process doesn't seem to be straightforward.
Comprehensive event scheduling software is a very specialized entity and there are only a handful of vendors that can deliver such a product. Based on previous experience with a competitor's application, I believe EMS Software is currently the best choice for a higher education environment where academic (class scheduling) and non-academic (event scheduling) departments wish to collaborate and share spaces for efficient use of campus facilities. Because the software is extremely easy to use and intuitive, departments that rely on revolving student workers for information entry will particularly benefit from the minimal training required to perform basic operations.
Read Mike Kraiman's full review
Terrie DuBois profile photo
October 02, 2018

EMS Software Review: "It was good, but getting too big is making it worse."

It is being used by the entire college. The college uses it to manage space along with the web app and master calendar to have transparency with what events are happening so there are no conflicting events. My office administers the software and uses it for catering, billing and booking events. It helps to have all buildings and spaces managed in the software so there is consistency across campus and a way to have a utilization report. It would be even more useful it the registrar would use it for booking classrooms. We currently only push classroom bookings into ems not the other way around. The reason being is that there are issues with the information in our SIS having to be very accurate and there are colleges that we have heard have had problems with this.
  • It can manage spaces and work with SIS very well.
  • It has an ability to invoice out of it.
  • It can manage resources.
  • It can report on sales from resources.
  • It is not compatible with Google, we are a Gmail college and we have to buy the G-suite to be able to have calendars available along with the rooms where as if I were an Outlook or Exchange client it would be no charge.
  • Cloud services has to be perfected. There are major problems with communication between EMS support and cloud services support.
  • The company seems to be moving away from catering and resources and is more a space software.
It is suited for being on premise as we have moved to cloud hosted and have had problems ever since. It also is turning into just a corporate software verses one that can book space and services such as food and catering.
Read Terrie DuBois's full review
Nicholas Rohde profile photo
October 02, 2018

User Review: "EMS Software"

We use it for scheduling academic classrooms, and for Event Spaces both for in house and external customer. It is being used across the whole organization. It helps us maximize the use of our space, schedule, track & allows users to book space.
  • Queries. I like the built in choices and the ability to make my own specific queries.
  • Ease of Movement of space. This helps tremendously as we deal with frequenct classroom changes.
  • Communication. Communication both internally and externally is very fluid in the program.
  • I would like more clear notifications when there are conflicts across long standing classes and events.
  • I would like more information about upcoming not definite bookings.
  • More customizable colors and layouts.
It’s great with external and internal bookings and for managing that space. It’s extremely user friendly and has an ease of use in training people new to the software.
Read Nicholas Rohde's full review
Gina Lee profile photo
October 02, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS for Me!!!"

EMS is being used by the company that I work for. We use EMS to book rooms in our conference center and other areas in the building. We are currently rolling EMS out to our field office to be able to book rooms as well. It address issues with rooms being booked but not used. The EMS system allows rooms not being used to be released and we are not able to run reports on rooms being used /not used.
  • Reporting on resources.
  • Reporting on room bookings.
  • Reporting on room cancellations.
  • Web app is a one-stop shop for all booking needs.
  • When using the plugin for Outlook users would like to be able to move their meeting on the outlook side and not have to go into EMS.
  • Users would like the reoccurring option inside the Outlook app instead of selecting reoccurring first and then going into EMS.
EMS is well-suited for booking large meeting rooms when it comes to the conference center and less appropriate when a one-person room is needed.
Read Gina Lee's full review
Jacob Nihipali profile photo
October 02, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Best That I know of..."

Across the whole organization now with centeralized academic scheduling.
  • I like that they have different products like the master calendar which feed information between the two systems.
  • It has a lot of flexibility and allows us to configure it to our needs.
  • Automated reports and confirmations are huge.
  • The master calendar feature has been frustrating to implement and seems to have many issues. Tech staff is not the best to help with it.
  • Better support hours. Sometimes it takes weeks to get items resolved. Maybe because they don’t understand the issue at first.
  • Better online guidebooks. And an overall look at scheduling and the structure of how things can be done. A support group for users would be helpful along with a board where we can vote on implementation in or upgrade ideas that others have.
  • Better system to track what has been done and where things were left off. We were left with using reminders and sending them to each other but we are basically burying issues in text. A better way to track where an event was left off and knowing who approved it had exceptions would be awesome.
  • A better copy of the email version. It simply has the text but does not show the full context of the email copy in the reservation tab.
  • Email notification to the services so they can respond to the states. And a link so they could respond by email.
  • A better way to update groups and contacts by import. This does not work well. Or needs a clear sample import file. (More sample import files with the header of the columns would help a ton.)
  • Report on inventory available on a certain day in a certain room.
  • Room notes to automatically print on their confirmations. We have different confirmation copies but manually add on detailed reminders for various rooms.
I think it lacks support. I had better help and vision with talking from a colleague from a sister school. EMS does not do a good job at selling and giving their customers the full use of their product. I came last year to the conference and was not that impressed with the presentations as they seemed unprepared and subject matter was not in-depth. I was hesitant to come this year but our VP insisted. The online support and phone number is there but you cannot get a full view of what this product can do. It really is amazing but we can’t use what we don’t know.
Read Jacob Nihipali's full review
Diedra Kekauoha Ulii profile photo
October 02, 2018

EMS Software Review: "My Take on It"

Higher education for academic scheduling and events across campus. It is a one-stop shop for campus.
  • Very user friendly and manageable—Client.
  • Love the reports. Automation is very helpful.
  • Ability to configure and specify spaces.
  • I like that for auditing purposes, changes are tracked❤️
  • Master calendar. It’s not so user friendly and very busy.
  • Better support.
  • When an email is sent from EMS, you are not able to see the attachments that were sent. You can only see that it had attachments.
EMS is well suited when it comes to scheduling and planning events. All the resources that need to be notified can be notified for said event with the use of automated reports. You are able to capture necessary information from requesters through UDF’s. It’s also very useful in copying annual events and moving academic classes for a one day class move. Those are the easiest events to schedule; only updating of information is needed. Set up and tear down time is easily scheduled and can be seen by others along with availability of the spaces.
Read Diedra Kekauoha Ulii's full review
Jennifer G. Birge profile photo
October 02, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS for simple users"

Within the Gallatin School at New York University, we use EMS to schedule our classrooms, conference rooms, studios, theater, and gallery spaces. Most recently, I developed (with the help of Brandi at EMS) a way to utilize EMS to schedule the production and operations student workers that interfaces between the desktop client and the VEMS platform.

We have streamlined our scheduling practices so students feel comfortable requesting space for their needs. Within the desktop client, I have setup users to approve specific rooms that they manage and approve.

For the staff scheduling, I created a “building” for the staff workers, and each worker is a “room” within that building. Each worker is given a VEMS acount from which they can schedule their classes and conflicts. I (as their approver) approve or deny these requests. Then, when I’m scheduling shifts, I am able to create a view where I can see our scheduled events and see which students “rooms” are available to be booked. Once booked, I can confirm their work shift via a confirmation. For a weekly schedule, I run a report under Event Schedule for each week, as well as running a Room Card report to give each student “room” a list of their shifts through the current date that is staffed.

Each school within NYU is using their own platform of EMS since schools do not share spaces within the University.
  • When used properly, EMS is a clean and concise communication tool. The options of how to manipulate the areas allow for efficient scheduling.
  • EMS offers a range of opportunities to streamline both your daily scheduling needs and communication with users.
  • I have developed a scheduling platform for my student workers. It took a lot to set this up. It would be wonderful if this option could be added as a software add-on.
  • Overall, I’m very happy with EMS software.
EMS is wonderful for anyone managing multiple spaces.
Read Jennifer G. Birge's full review
Venhuizen, Mark profile photo
October 02, 2018

EMS Software: "EMS Review for SD State University"

We administer EMS for the South Dakota State University Campus. I oversee the reservations for our student union and non academic spaces. We also use EMS for inventory management, reports to security and HVAC (for campus) centralizes billing, etc. Have been working on developing a way to do a “web” contract approval for both affiliated and non-affiliated campus users utilizing the existing system. Only roadblock is internal within our university. Trying to get buy in, and trying to get the existing campus users to conform to a centralized / standardized user process. It’s a great product and works exceptionally well for our event management.
  • Reporting... both manual and automated reports. The automated confirmation for event planning meetings has saved us a ton of time reaching out to clients needing to schedule event planning meeting.
  • Staff scheduling. Helps us determine the logistics of when to setup/when to tear down and how many staff are needed at setup times.
  • Centralized billing. Took a while for us to implement but keeping everything within the system helps us provide a friendlier customer exerpience when it comes to billing.
  • Legacy information is easy to access for annual events. Can pull up reservation information, setup maps, pricing, attached files, etc. It’s a one-stop shop.
  • I would love to see the web interface come back. Would be easier for administrative users to access the system if needed.
Safety and security reports. Reservations with multiple bookings that need different statuses or service providers. Automated reports for other campus service providers (HVAC, Security, food service, parking services).
Read Venhuizen, Mark's full review
Sarah Daggett profile photo
October 01, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Helping this Scheduler Sleep Better at Night"

EMS is being used in our Registrar’s Office for academic scheduling and in our Hospitality Services Office for event scheduling. We are looking to branch out to Student Life, too, so they can help manage student club event requests. This program address issues with space reservation and utilization.
  • Academic scheduling in a shared system. I’ve struggled for years with our old system. Whenever I’d import academic events, unfailingly, some of them would be bounced out because Hospitality booked events in academic spaces even though they weren’t supposed to. Try as I might to educate on this, there would always be at least a few conflicts and they were hard to find, which opened the door for double booking issues. With EMS, when I load in academic events, any Hospitality events get bounced out - not the other way around! It’s a Godsend.
  • Flexibility around web user access. In our old system, it was quite the burden to create and maintain varying levels of access and security for spaces and types of events that people on campus could request. With the process template system, we find it very easy to limit or grant varying levels of access to different people and maintain that access as the university process evolves.
  • Creating and maintaining contacts and their associated departments (or “groups” as they are called in EMS). While it was a little onerous to get the HR Toolkit element installed for EMS, now that it’s working, the function is serves is invaluable. I absolutely LOVE how it associates people/everyday users with their home departments, then grants them template access based on that. It’s so slick and so easy.
  • Two words. Tech support. I don’t know if we on-boarded at a bad time or what, but the tech support that we’ve received has been abysmal. We’ve opened tickets and not had them answered for a whole week - 5 whole business days! When we finally did get a response, it was hardly apologetic. What’s worse, my IT guy would be contacted by someone, he would ask them to give him 5 minutes to get his conference phone set up, and then he’d wait and wait and wait for the tech support rep to get back to him and he’d never show! This happened 6 times. 6 times. Not ok. Our timeline for going live has been negatively affected by this lack of service.
  • Training. Our trainer was OK, but I find that he had a hard time articulating new concepts and making them make sense. I had to figure it out myself, then I could see what he was saying. I’m sure in his own head it made sense, because he had the context for his explanation. But for me coming into a new system, I had no context. I needed him to back up and explain things from a more foundational level first, then build on that.
  • Along with tech support and training, I would say we’ve lacked a general level of company care. Where is the rep calling to see how our implementation process is coming along? Where are the people offering to help us if we have any issues? We seem to be reaching out to a lot of folks and not getting any care in return.
EMS is fabulous for academic scheduling. I haven’t tried it for anything else. My colleagues in the Hospitality Services Office think it’s great too, though!
Read Sarah Daggett's full review
Lori Freda profile photo
January 02, 2019

EMS Software Review: "EMS Equals Functional Success!"

EMS is used by the School of Medicine by 2K+ users. We manage and maintain over 50K bookings annually for the school in 130+ spaces.
  • We love the reporting. We run daily and weekly reports which are used by 5 service providers.
  • We add staff set up and take down times to each event.
  • We run monthly metrics and billing reports out of EMS.
  • We are currently testing the web client. EMS does not work well for Mac Users. We need the web client functionality returned because there is no solution for Mac Users.
EMS Software is well suited for any organization scheduling multiple spaces to multiple schedulers on a daily basis. However, in higher education, there are many Mac users. Mac users struggle to run reports/confirmations out of the system.
Read Lori Freda's full review
Krysti Carlson Goering profile photo
December 28, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS Saves Money and Time"

We use EMS across our whole university. We use it to schedule academic courses as well as events.
  • Scheduling rooms and controlling traffic in the rooms.
  • It is very helpful for resource providers to schedule their services in reservations within the system.
  • It helps with safety and security by providing transparency of all the events happening on campus so that the university police department can see what’s happening.
  • EMS does not provide a useful tool for scheduling people.
  • Billing multiple clients is difficult for one event.
EMS is extremely useful in scheduling and planning events on campus. One limitation is it t is difficult to schedule and bill multiple organizations/groups that are responsible for one event.
Read Krysti Carlson Goering's full review
Leo Young profile photo
December 21, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Overall, EMS Excels at Space Management"

It's being used by our department primarily, the University Conference Center, to manage our meeting and event spaces, as well as all physical resources (equipment, A/V, etc.) associated with that. We also use this to track and manage our client database. In addition, it allows us to produce our contracts and develop and generate several reporting features that benefit our business.
  • Booking/reservation of space - manages convertible/shared spaces (such as multi-section breakout rooms) exceptionally well.
  • Group/client management - tracking of contacts and associated reservations
  • Reporting - easy to build custom reports and a plethora of useful, standard reports
  • User Interface - could look a little more modern and cleaner
  • Staffing/event coordinator management - develop more support for managerial tracking and support of event planner staff use/reservations
  • Automated report delivery message text - ability to add a email message/body to automated report delivery
Reminders feature works very well as we book, track, and plan for reservations/events - we use Reminders to inform client of and keep track of the payment due date, event layout finalization deadline, and contract due date. We also use many other reminders and will soon start implementing notification reminders to automatically notify clients of similar types of event planning aspects/steps.
Read Leo Young's full review
Liane Little profile photo
December 21, 2018

EMS Software Review: "EMS is the best!"

It is being used for scheduling trainings and meetings for hospital employees. EMS is used across our campus location and it helps with managing multiple scheduling events and organizes them.
  • Confirmation tool
  • Notifications
  • Reports
  • I love that things come in instantly, there is often no lag. This is such a productive tool for door signage, online room managing and reservations.
  • Adding multiple rooms to one booking instead of copying
  • More beginner tutorials on website
  • Less of a cost for upgrades
  • I wish there was a way to combine two rooms into one reservation if they are connected rooms that separate by a wall.
I think it is great that there is no way to double book something, rooms are visible from a web browser and they can easily manage space. The room cards and activity sheets are great too!
Read Liane Little's full review
Brenda Wiegand profile photo
December 21, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Most days EMS saves the day, on the days it doesn't, it is usually user input error."

EMS is being used throughout the entire College. It is our sole reservation system for faculty/staff/student organizations. We also use it to reserve our fleet of vehicles and to reserve our Victorian House (bed & breakfast). We are configuring EMS to be a one-stop shop. Users can order catering, audiovisual services, general services equipment & services, photographer, guest internet codes, police services, etc.
  • Allows users to add everything they need for a successful event
  • No more making endless phone calls to find a room.
  • Confirmation pages are extremely helpful to communicate with users, from confirming a request to asking for more detail
  • Because we keep our general services equipment on EMS, with inventory, I can always direct staff in the right direction of where a sign holder may have been used last. Losing equipment can be a problem. EMS helps with locating.
  • It would be great to have an inventory location field for our resource providers....example: round tables located in warehouse 1, hall 6, cage 8
  • When you add a room or resource there are so many places you need to go to update where that resource should show up. It would be great if you were prompted at the time to add to reports, add to security templates, and so on
We use it for scheduling any time or room, and adding resources makes the user's life easy.
Read Brenda Wiegand's full review
Keeya Faison profile photo
December 18, 2018

Review: "EMS Software Space Scheduling, Booking made Easy-book, confirm and check in from Anywhere"

We use EMS Software to schedule our classes and external room space rentals. We have multiple buildings and use EMS Software differently at each location. EMS Software addresses communication between departments that service internal and external events. It allows department staff to delegate work assignments to the right departments for all internal and external services provided for events, whether it's a class, meeting or training.
  • Books and reserves space for classes, meetings and training easily.
  • Allows you to put in specific services needed for any event.
  • Communicates between departments through reminders and comments sent directly through the software for immediate changes and updates. This is so important to have, as it gives us the opportunity to address changes quickly so we are offering great customer service.
  • The web app has not been the easiest to navigate through. I'm looking to implement the use of the web app for users here in my office, but have not successfully been able to do so.
  • I also feel that we should be able to re-invoice if an event has been billed its final invoice before a room change took place, making the space need more. Right now I don't have the ability to do so.
  • Figuring out all the tabs' functionalities so that my tool bar only shows the ones prevalent to my daily use of the software.

The software is well suited for booking spaces, detailing services and equipment, and invoicing and creating documents such as agreements, confirmations, invoices, etc.

EMS Software does so much to make your daily tasks easier to navigate through, but you can become overwhelmed when you don't know all that it does and how to properly navigate through the configurations.

Read Keeya Faison's full review
Bartholomew Kallgren profile photo
December 18, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Millennial user in an office of Gen X'ers"

EMS is rolled out through our entire university. We have our media center as well as our catering and dining services and we are working on getting our facilities office rolled into the fold. Space reservation was fragmented prior to the implementation of the software.
  • Classroom utilization: this process used to take months to do and now it can be done in a week.
  • Getting granular with particular groups and events to find out any info you need
  • Creating custom templates for web users to grant the access that is applicable to all parties involved
  • Mobile usage for v43 and v44.0 is just non-existent
  • Better ability to use on a Mac! This is a huge downfall as my university is heavy into the Apple ecosystem
  • Managing services can sometimes be difficult as when prices with resources don't always coordinate
For campuses that are fragmented this is a highly useful tool that brought our campus all under one roof for data collection.
Read Bartholomew Kallgren's full review
Barbara St. Michel profile photo
November 24, 2018

EMS Software Review: "Happy to be back with EMS!"

Currently it is being used by a number of departments for scheduling events. Further implementation will increase the number of departments. The most important piece at this point is that classes and events are scheduled in the same database as many of the spaces are shared.
  • EMS is easy to learn and pretty intuitive. It is easy to train new users.
  • EMS allows schedulers to choose a preferred way to interact with the product. Some use visual cues, others drop-down menus. It is great that there is more than one way to access it.
  • We are just started with automated reports. It is a great way to provide event schedules to those who do not use the software.
  • One feature that needs improvement is inventory of resources. When you attempt to assign a resource that is not available at a give time, you receive an alert that it is not available. However, you are allowed to assign that resource. You can generate a report of assigned resources but that is an added step.
  • The size of the text within the software. It is NOT scalable. It is roughly 9 pt. What worked for my eyes ten years ago is now a challenge.
It is great for use in higher education where classes and events can be scheduled in the same database. There are many standard reports plus the ability to create queries when a specific report does not exist (although there is a bit of a learning curve for queries). I couldn't imagine going back to the paper and pencil method of scheduling. The ability to automate reports as well as to easily update reports is very important.
Read Barbara St. Michel's full review