Law Office Pros

October 26, 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MyCase, and make your voice heard!

Basic

$39

per month per user

Pro

$59

Advanced

$79

per month per user

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.mycase.com/pricing?utm_sour…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $39 per month per user

What is MyCase?

MyCase provides web-based practice management software designed for solo and small firm legal professionals. MyCase aims to offer a secure, all-in-one legal practice management solution to alleviate the burden of high caseloads, poor client communication, and practice management operations. The product aims to help users spend less time managing their firm and more time practicing law.

MyCase can be accessed from any device or computer so users can manage documents and contacts, communicate with clients, etc, while out of the office.

A free trial is available.

MyCase Features

• Supported: Conflict Management

MyCase Screenshots

MyCase Dashboard

MyCase Videos

What is MyCase? - Say hello to MyCase, Law Practice Management Software. Find out how MyCase can help attorneys do more of what matters.
MyCase Customer Story: Feldman Law Group - Walnut Creek, CA | Aaron Feldman of Feldman Law Group grew his caseload by 150% and doubled the firm's annual revenue with MyCase. Watch and find out how.

MyCase Integrations

MyCase Competitors

MyCase Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesUnited States
Supported LanguagesEnglish

How much does MyCase cost?

MyCase starts at $39.

What is MyCase's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 10.

Who uses MyCase?

The most common users of MyCase are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Law Practice industry.

October 26, 2021

Law Office Pros

Thomas Orr | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use MyCase for the following: 1. Time Tracking. 2. Client contacts. 3. Document management. 3. Invoicing. 4. Trust accounting. 6. Calendaring. It is a very cost effective management tool. We don't know what we would do without it. It has made us much more efficient.
  • Trust accounting. This is an area of great concern as little mistakes can lead to serious consequences.
  • Client management. By posting all client documents we have significantly reduced postage and rather than getting a phone call, the clients can see what is happening in their case.
  • Scheduling. This is a great way to keep on top of calendars and a better way to avoid missing deadlines.
  • Linking contacts in cases.
  • Calendaring and reminders.
  • Conflict recognition and resolution.
I think for a small firm, i.e. 1-10 attorneys, [MyCase] is an ideal very cost effective platform. I suspect for larger organizations it might be a bit unsuited, especially for large projects with multiple lawyers.
  • no training
I call. They answer. They speak English and they know exactly what I need to know to answer the questions when I call them. Probably the best customer support I have experienced. Personable and friendly staff.
Shawn Hamp, Esq. | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our law firm uses MyCase as its CRM (Customer Relationship Management) program. Our firm has used it for the past five years. It manages our clients' files, contact info, billing, and communication in the firm.

MyCase is used by our entire legal team. The software has many legal management features but our firm primarily uses it to store client's documents digitally online which allows us to retrieve these documents remotely in the cloud and share the documents with clients. It facilitates communication with clients with an online calendar and secure messaging.

MyCase has time billing, invoice, and credit card processing features to also manage clients' accounts receivables.

Other features such as automatic document preparation, and intake management (CMS contact management system) are less utilized by my office.
  • Online document storage.
  • Secured Customer Portal.
  • Internal secure communication.
  • Online billing management.
  • Frequent feature updates.
  • Credit Card processing.
  • Improved API integration with other services.
  • Data backup.
  • Better document automation.
My case is well suited for collaboration with clients and remote access to online documents. It allows for secure online communication with clients in a secure online portal. These features allow for increased and efficient communication with clients about the status of their case. It saves time by avoiding unnecessary client phone calls and meetings. It allows attorneys and staff to remotely access documents without being tied down by a local server at an office using this cloud SAS program.

Its automatic document preparation program lacks some features and has limited support for Apple software. The API for MyCase is limited to a few software integrations. Importing contact information from other programs is limited, and backing up online documents is currently restricted to a new Dropbox integration.

MyCase has good timekeeping, billing, invoice, and credit card processing features that improve collecting account receivables. These features in and of themselves can justify the cost of the program.
Whole organization uses MyCase.
  • Simple.
  • Easy communication.
  • Excessive fees.
  • Monthly subscription.
  • Bills from funds deposited in trust account.
  • Do not use to accept client payments.
The fees are absolutely excessive and higher than every other platform, additionally there is a monthly subscription fee on top of all the fees they deduct from your operating account. My biggest problem - MyCase deducts fees from deposits put into your trust account. Meaning if you’re only holding money for the client you’re going to pay for it out of your business account. A $10,000 trust deposit results in $300 being taken out of your operating account. When I refund trust funds to client I lose money. Unacceptable. I’m looking to switch platforms now. I pay MyCase thousands of dollars a month to use the platform. When I saw the numbers, I can’t believe they have business.
Sara M. Kelley, Esq. | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used MyCase since 2013, when I first became an attorney. I got a recommendation from a friend who was using it. We use it to manage all of our client communications, case files, and data regarding the case. We also use it to communicate with our team and for tasks and deadlines.
  • Case management
  • Team communication
  • Client communication
  • Integrations
  • Signatures
  • Workflows
Great for small firms or solo attorneys. It's inexpensive and offers lots of features. It's easy to jump in and start using. If you have lots of integrations (like through Zapier), it's probably not the best program for you. If you need a simple easy-to-use central calendar, task, communication, and doc storage platform, MyCase is great.
Years ago, they were very supportive. They tend to address issues, but they aren't very communicative when dealing with feedback. They just add new features suddenly. There aren't many issues with our platform, so we don't have many questions now, but years ago, we did have some issues that needed to be addressed and then they were much more responsive.
Jennifer Garner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Whole organization
  • Invoicing
  • Client communications
  • File organization
  • Trust accounting
  • Accounting
  • Email integration search function.
  • Opening multiple files at the same time.
My case is an excellent program for a small law firm to keep track of individual caseloads billing requirements for clients and keeping track of that clients are paying on time by providing client with excellent up-to-date status is on their files with minimal effort from the staff
D. Mathew Blackburn | TrustRadius Reviewer
The entire organization uses MyCase. We use the software to track billable time, maintain documentation, and to communicate with clients. This helps us fulfill our ethical obligation to accurately track billable hours. It also helps to maintain version control on documents, both internal and external. It also maintains communication strings in easily searchable and referable strings that is more clear and secure than email.
We also use the software for task management and task delegation.
  • document version control
  • Invoicing
  • Task management
  • Calendaring
MyCase is best suited, and focuses primarily on, small law firms. If you have over 20 attorneys or you don't practice law it would probably not be the best fit. It would still work fantastically but there are likely better products for larger firms or different industries. I have worked at several firms that use a mix of products, one for calendaring, one for file management, one for billing, one for invoicing, etc... It was always a struggle to get the systems to work together and I always wasted a lot of time switching between programs. With MyCase 99% of what I need is right in front of me.
The support is better than most companies, not perfect.