Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MyCase, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $39 per month per user
MyCase provides web-based practice management software designed for solo and small firm legal professionals. MyCase aims to offer a secure, all-in-one legal practice management solution to alleviate the burden of high caseloads, poor client communication, and practice management operations. The product aims to help users spend less time managing their firm and more time practicing law.
MyCase can be accessed from any device or computer so users can manage documents and contacts, communicate with clients, etc, while out of the office.
A free trial is available.
- Supported: Case Management
- Supported: Legal Billing
- Supported: Client Portal
- Supported: Online Payments
- Supported: Invoicing
- Supported: Calendar Management
- Supported: Document Management
- Supported: Email Management
- Supported: Trust Accounting
- Supported: Time Tracking
- Supported: Contact Management
- Supported: Client Management
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: Workflows
- Supported: Expense Tracking
- Supported: Retainer Billing
- Supported: Reminders
- Supported: Direct Messaging
- Supported: Document Storage
- Supported: Conflict Management
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||United States|
- Trust accounting. This is an area of great concern as little mistakes can lead to serious consequences.
- Client management. By posting all client documents we have significantly reduced postage and rather than getting a phone call, the clients can see what is happening in their case.
- Scheduling. This is a great way to keep on top of calendars and a better way to avoid missing deadlines.
- Linking contacts in cases.
- Calendaring and reminders.
- Conflict recognition and resolution.
- no training
MyCase is used by our entire legal team. The software has many legal management features but our firm primarily uses it to store client's documents digitally online which allows us to retrieve these documents remotely in the cloud and share the documents with clients. It facilitates communication with clients with an online calendar and secure messaging.
MyCase has time billing, invoice, and credit card processing features to also manage clients' accounts receivables.
Other features such as automatic document preparation, and intake management (CMS contact management system) are less utilized by my office.
- Online document storage.
- Secured Customer Portal.
- Internal secure communication.
- Online billing management.
- Frequent feature updates.
- Credit Card processing.
- Improved API integration with other services.
- Data backup.
- Better document automation.
Its automatic document preparation program lacks some features and has limited support for Apple software. The API for MyCase is limited to a few software integrations. Importing contact information from other programs is limited, and backing up online documents is currently restricted to a new Dropbox integration.
MyCase has good timekeeping, billing, invoice, and credit card processing features that improve collecting account receivables. These features in and of themselves can justify the cost of the program.
- Easy communication.
- Excessive fees.
- Monthly subscription.
- Bills from funds deposited in trust account.
- Do not use to accept client payments.
- Case management
- Team communication
- Client communication
- Client communications
- File organization
- Trust accounting
- Email integration search function.
- Opening multiple files at the same time.
We also use the software for task management and task delegation.
- document version control
- Task management