- Calendar scheduling was okay. Not very different from other tools.
- Analytics exists. Data was hard to find, but there was the ability to create custom metrics.
- The people at the company seemed nice.
- Data is a mess. So unreliable. Takes so much time to create a concrete report.
- There is no ability to export anything. No calendar PDFs, no data Excel sheets, nothing.
- No paid management functionality.
- Hated their listening tool abilities relative to other tools I've used.
- It has a great visual calendar.
- Works well for team members of all different job types
- Really understands the needs of a social publishing platform
- The file management system is pretty good but there is always room for improvement. Searching for items can be tricky when you have a large library
- Search in general could be better. I would love to search through social posts I made using the verbage in the post.
- Sometimes making a simple post requires so many clicks.
- Approval workflow feature is simple and easy to use.
- The calendar feature is great because it allows us to see everything we have approved and ready to go for a particular week or month.
- Creating and scheduling posts is simple and the interface is easy to use.
- We have had a lot of trouble with the images previewing correctly when we are in the approval workflow. Even when they are sized down correctly, they take forever to load and we tested several browsers and had the same issues.
- When we export our log of approved and published posts, there is no way to export the destination link that was included with the post. It exports the percolate permalink but that requires the user to go back into Percolate, wait for the preview to load and THEN you can click and see the destination page. It would be much more efficient to include the destination URL in the reports functionality.
- The best at sourcing stock for a wide variety of travel destinations.
- Reliable scheduling for Facebook & Instagram.
- Easy to update and share calendar items.
- More Instagram integration.
- More options for viewing asset information before adding to library.
- Being able to edit.
- Being able to edit briefs live with other users.
- Social media sourcing and scheduling.
- Sourcing no brand long form content.
- Global and local social content calendarizing
- Access to image libraries that help subsidize costs and manage image rights
- Global and local templating to create consistency across markets
- Sharing social briefs across global markets
- Providing management of releases with user generated content
- Multiple user role management
- Structured content approval across all stakeholders
- Create social content from briefing all the way through to the approval process.
- Social planner for managing topics and content streams across multiple channels.
- Robust API and integrations.
- Image library (with cost-free access/rights to stock photo libraries).
- Frequent updates to the platform.
- Built-in community management.
- At times the platform can be buggy.
- Analytics tool could be more robust.
- Would be nice to have a stronger social listening component.
The platform is also well-built to suit an "all-in-one" workflow solution. With lean teams, Percolate can be the single go-to tool you need for planning, publishing and reporting. The built-in asset editor and approval process really takes the burden off juggling lots of different types of software and/or email.
- Percolate has a great image editor that makes it easy to create images that are the correct size for social media.
- Percolate's comment feature makes it easy to communicate with other team members about a post.
- The Percolate team often updates the product to keep up with changes and new features from social networks.
- Functionality can sometimes run slow, especially when new features are introduced.
- Though Percolate tries to keep up, it is occasionally slow to add new features along with Facebook, for example creating carousel image posts.
- Icons are not intuitive, so there is a learning curve to use all of its functionality.
As part of this split, we migrated off Hootsuite and into Sparkcentral and Percolate.
Percolate is our central content publishing platform where we manage our content, plan upcoming content, find new content for our brand, manage all of our multimedia assets, and manage a central content planning calendar for all of the outbound channels a social media manager usually takes care of. In our care, this means events, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus and our blog. Additionally, Percolate interfaces seamlessly with our corporate Wordpress blog, allowing content to be published not just to the usual social channels, but also to the blog. This greatly reduces the amount of work required to push create, edit and publish our content. It also allows us to create blog content, and immediately schedule sharing the post in social.
- The Percolate Brew feature has a human powered "learning" tool that learns about the kind of content our brand publishes. Using that, it provides tips and sources for new content. Each morning, we receive a list of content from around the world that is relevant to our brand and worth sharing with our own audience.
- The ability to create one piece of content, and then customize it for our various channels is a real time saver. We can write an article, then easily create a shorter version for Twitter, or a more B2B focussed piece for LinkedIn.
- Percolate helps our content creators decide when to post content - its posting schedule tool makes sure you don't overpost, but can also intelligently decide on a better time to post something based off past results.
- A lot of the features in Percolate are very well built, but only provide the bare minimum as features go. Its editorial calendar for example lacks export/import features and its multimedia repository only supports images. In many ways, Percolate is trying very hard to be too much at the same time.
- At the moment, Percolate lacks user level management. We can add users who need to be moderated before posting, but it is for example not possible to add users just for one specific function (like the multimedia database).
The tool is less suitable as a listening/response tool (like Hootsuite), even though it does have support for this built in.
Percolate also provides excellent feedback on the results of your content, so you can see how well it did based off the metrics that really matter; like, reach, shares, virality.
The content creation tool even includes a built in image editor that offers brand friendly tools like logo drop-in, titles using your brand font and colors and other handy tools. These are often things that would need to be outsourced to a creative team, but can now be accomplished in under a minute.
The vendor includes a multi-stage onboarding procedure which starts with your account manager, followed by a brand onboarding tool and other online tools to learn about your brand voice and brand creative guidelines (like colors and logos). The end result is a tool that "knows" who you are.
Percolate Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Percolate says it sets the standard for content marketing software, by providing companies with the most complete platform for content inspiration, creation, management, distribution, measurement, and more. The vendor’s value proposition is that with Percolate, content teams work smarter and faster, turning stories into sales and great customer experiences.
Percolate was the only software company included in Fast Company’s latest “10 Most Innovative Companies in Marketing and Advertising,” and was also named the “Clear Leader” by Forrester Research in their most recent study of content marketing software tools, The Forrester Wave™: Content Marketing Platforms, Q2 2015.
The vendor also says 800 brands trust their technology to save time, elevate their content, and improve marketing ROI, ranging from content marketing leaders like GE, Unilever, IBM, and Marriott, to high-growth startups and emerging businesses like Lyft, Squarespace, Shinola, and WeWork.
Percolate Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Percolate Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|