Percolate: Your BFF for Social Media Management
Updated November 04, 2019
Percolate: Your BFF for Social Media Management
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Percolate
We use Percolate in the marketing department of my company for all social media planning and posting. It is only used by our department but we manage all the social profiles for the company. The insurance industry has a lot of red tape and we have to send all marketing materials for legal compliance approval so the approval workflow feature in Percolate allows us to create and schedule social posts and send them through an approval process right in the program.
- Approval workflow feature is simple and easy to use.
- The calendar feature is great because it allows us to see everything we have approved and ready to go for a particular week or month.
- Creating and scheduling posts is simple and the interface is easy to use.
- We have had a lot of trouble with the images previewing correctly when we are in the approval workflow. Even when they are sized down correctly, they take forever to load and we tested several browsers and had the same issues.
- When we export our log of approved and published posts, there is no way to export the destination link that was included with the post. It exports the percolate permalink but that requires the user to go back into Percolate, wait for the preview to load and THEN you can click and see the destination page. It would be much more efficient to include the destination URL in the reports functionality.
10 - Our marketing department uses Percolate heavily and we train our interns to use it as well. Our customer service reps also use it to respond to customers who message us through social channels to express complaints or get help with something they need. We mainly use is for Sales/ Marketing and Customer Service. We also use it for competitor monitoring and social listening.
- We have been able to see analytics for all of our social posts and determine which types of posts get the most traffic to our website, generate leads and generate engagement on our social profiles. We have seen a positive impact in traffic and lead generation through using Percolate to help us manage our social media efforts.
The free version of Hootsuite does not support the approval process so that did not work for our organization. Percolate was much more user friendly than Spredfast, has a more streamlined calendar view, and has more reporting features for data analysis. The approval workflow feature is also easier to use and had more flexibility in adding users to that workflow.
Percolate is great for managing your company social media profiles, posting updates and using a variety of workflows for approval when necessary. The calendar feature is great if you need to view longer date ranges at one time. If you are only managing 1-2 profiles and don't need any type of approval process, you could probably use HootSuite or another free software platform. But if you have many profiles to manage and post from and need approval workflows, Percolate is great.
Percolate Feature Ratings
4 - This software best suits the marketing team or anyone managing social media for the company. This could also include the PR or communications team. The legal team may also be involved in the case of legal approval needed before posting anything on company social accounts. Skills required included basic software navigation, attention to detail, general knowledge of social platforms (logos, types of content that should be posted), and ability to work well with a team (for the approval process).
- Social Media Content Approvals
- Interaction with customers and target audience through social media
- We love Percolate for the approval process. We can have multiple tiers of reviewers for each post for a full content calendar each month across multiple social platforms.
- We ran a contest on Twitter where our company gave away a $5000 trip and we use Percolate to manage the contest entries. The entrants had to post on Twitter about the contest and use a specific hashtag so we were able to monitor all of the hashtag uses and verify that each entrant used it correctly.
- We will continue to use Percolate for social media posting and legal reviews by our internal compliance team.
- We may use it for future contests as well, on a different platform besides Twitter.
Percolate is a great tool for us, because we need the approval process workflows. The training was great when we first signed on, and the interface is very user friendly. We have trained our interns to use it as well with no issues. It makes keeping up with our content calendar a breeze and we can easily see what posts have been approved and which ones are still pending at a quick glance.