Reviews (1-5 of 5)
We use Opal to stay aligned and connected across all lines of business on social content.
- Allows me to present visuals of content that's easy to understand.
- Review processes are made simple and are streamlined.
- Helps me stay within character count when planning content.
- Wish it allowed a quote tweet feature. I need this very often for my role.
Read Jasmine Sullivan's full review
I love this program! Can't rave about it enough. It makes content planning so much easier.
February 26, 2019
Opal is great for content collaboration among teams (internal stakeholders and creative teams), planning and giving vision to entire groups of upcoming campaigns and key moments within those campaigns. A lot of companies become very siloed and a tool like Opal really breaks them down, allowing everyone to be on the same page with aligned messaging, all while being in sync together.
- Providing teams with visibility: everything from the 30,000-foot view to the in-the-grass details. People who need to see, coordinate and communicate over campaigns can do it easily within Opal.
- Alignment and efficiency: Great workflow processes whether you need to set up approval systems or need to organize different items.
- Opal is quite flexible and easy to use; it really is intuitive.
- I would love it if Opal integrated social publishing into their tool.
- It would be beneficial if at least some basic analytics were brought back into the tool so we could then review content performance within the same tool as creative teams.
- I've felt like at times the process of creating and sharing presentations was a bit tedious. It'd be nice if was a bit simpler.
Read Kenji Onozawa's full review
I honestly cannot recommend this tool enough. Opal is such a valuable tool for brand content creators and there is nothing like it available. If you're serious about content marketing and have a need to find ways to collaborate, plan and provide more visibility among teams, then Opal really is the only way to go. One more thing that's not being mentioned: The tool is simply amazing but it's only as amazing is the team behind the tool. Their customer support and willingness to quickly be in touch when needed is a key feature within itself. Seriously, such a good team of people.
September 14, 2018
We use Opal as a content planning, scheduling and collaboration tool. It is used most heavily by the social media teams within the organization (global and field) and helps us plan content before we publish it via Sprinklr. We also use it as a visibility tool for campaign content, or awareness of when new assets or web pages go live.
- Content planning: you can look at one asset and see how it is being used across multiple channels by multiple teams.
- Content collaboration: it is really easy to see what other people and teams are contributing to an asset, or how they are using it. We can also duplicate content that was created by another team to use as a starting point in our own content collaboration.
- High level/big picture overview: Opal allows us to see content that is being created, planned and scheduled very easily; it goes beyond social content (which we can also see in Sprinklr) to show us content created across multiple channels.
- Opal needs to make it easier for people who are not users of the platform to get information into the platform. For example, using a submission form tied to Opal would allow people to submit content to the team without needing to have a seat.
- Opal needs to make it easier to view the content if you are not a user. Right now there is only one kind of seat license: user, and it would be great to have different seat types for different kinds of users.
Read Kelly Rigotti's full review
I have been using Opal for more than five years, both in my current company and at a previous company. I think Opal is a great collaboration and planning tool and I highly recommend that any large social media team, or diverse group of content creators and publishers uses it.
[It's being used] For social content posting and planning.
Read Teena Thach's full review
It's definitely great for marketing and scheduling content ahead. Opal can connect to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat, so that's a plus when you're working on social media marketing. It's easy to organize and communicate with your team.
I recommend Opal to clients for use in their digital departments, and then help to oversee execution of day-to-day social and digital programs, using the tool for collaboration and planning.
- Extremely intuitive and streamlined
- Easy to collaborate within the tool, as well as share information with partners/leadership who do not have direct access, when needed
- Highly visual, allowing content planners to see exactly how posts will be viewed by the consumer when published
- Collaboration is a breeze with easy communication, approvals, and file sharing capabilities. Everything happens in real-time.
- Very quick and responsive platform - no lag or long load times
- Allows for formats beyond just social - email, website updates, etc. to collaborate across all departments, even beyond digital.
- Makes tracking content across dozens of platforms easy with labels and storylines that allow users to slice and dice the content they see in any way to view only what's relevant at the moment.
- No publishing capabilities, for the most part.
- No analytics tie-ins.
- Rather pricey.
- Requires someone to really manage the structure in order to keep the tool organized and use it effectively. When this is done right, though, it's worthwhile.
Read this authenticated review
If a team can afford to pay for Opal and dedicate resources to properly onboard everyone and maintain organization, I'd absolutely highly recommend it.
Opal Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Opal Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Opal Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Linux, Any Docker supported operating system|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|