Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Universal recovery (300)8.686%
- Incremental backup identification (337)8.585%
- Deduplication and file compression (324)8.484%
- Instant recovery (576)8.484%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Unitrends helps solve today’s modern IT data protection problems with purpose-built proprietary cloud environment that integrates with turnkey backup appliances to deliver offsite, long-term data retention and white-glove Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS). Through automation Unitrends aims to minimize manual tasks, eliminates management complexity, and delivers tested hardware and software resilience.
Predictive analytics that monitor data characteristics, flag suspicious files, and alert administrators to threats.
Recovery Assurance tool provides automated failover, recovery testing, and compliance reporting.
Monitoring & Support
Recovery Series backup appliances include predictive analytics that anticipate hardware problems and send out alerts before issues occur. Once an issue is detected, a member of Unitrends’s support team will notify users and help to resolve the problem pre-emptively.
- Supported: Universal recovery
- Supported: Instant recovery
- Supported: Recovery verification
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Deduplication and file compression
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Flexible deployment
- Supported: Management dashboard
- Supported: Platform support
- Supported: Retention options
- Supported: Encryption
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- No large issues were encountered.
- nothing simple install
- Missing documentation from previous IT employee
- no issues
- Learning the new technology
- The entire roll out of a Virtual environment
- Finding that some of the Unitrends device interface can't be accessed at the user side, Unitrends support has to do some configuration.
- Playing around with the timing of the backups to ensure they ran off hours.
- Early version had a backup issue with Debian Linux. We could only get full backups.
- Had some replication to cloud issues but resolved them after a few days.
- Finding time
- Integrating Systems
- Agent installs
- Schedule organization so backups wouldn't interfere.
- Registration of the machines was frustrating.
- Retention rate very confusing.
- Backup wizard had an extra step that was not intuitive. The unitrends employee had to let me in on the "trick".